ADVERTISEMENT

Rouse

It simply makes zero sense, from Iowa's POV, to not announce any changes IMMEDIATELY after the bowl game.

What's the logic if changes are being made?

I must be missing something. It's not like we were waiting for the CFP game to be over. Does KF have a daughter getting married and KF is waiting for his new SIL?

Iowa football is becoming disjointed.

Here's what I'm hoping for... Paul Chryst's buyout comes in Feb. He won't accept another job until UW pays him. He takes over for Brian after he gets the $12 mil UW owes him and then Iowa finally has a functioning offense for the first time under KF.

I disagree however Teslaa was a big miss. Rouse didn't like something on his visit, not sure what it was, maybe more NIL money at Nebraska or OU. Next...
I expect Iowa to miss on wide receivers. That comes as no surprise although I had some hopes a few weeks back that maybe some of that was changing. I was wrong. Status quo on the WR front. They just aren't coming to Iowa.

The Rouse miss is disappointing for a number of reasons. If Iowa can't land quality olineman in the portal the offense will continue to struggle and the years long trajectory will continue.

I think Iowa fans forget that yes Iowa does produce good OL but they are FROM Iowa...you can't out recruit many schools for top kids elsewhere. That isn't a knock - just reality.

Wirfs
Linderbaum
Scherff
Blythe

Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
I think we get another olineman. There are some good ones left and a few just entered the portal last week. I also think we get another wr. I think we are set to ein the west easily and have a real shot at the big championship next year and the year after.

I think we get another olineman. There are some good ones left and a few just entered the portal last week. I also think we get another wr. I think we are set to ein the west easily and have a real shot at the big championship next year and the year after.
Are you OK Bishop? Your claims and predictions are becoming more and more suspect by the minute?

Are you OK Bishop? Your claims and predictions are becoming more and more suspect by the minute?
I shouldn't make predictions but I'm pretty excited for next season. I think we'll be really good. And I'm exhausted. I'm trying to work a full time job in about 3 hours a day, keep my parents cleaning business going, and still taking care of mom. Getting up at 3 am every night to check her blood pressure and give her meds is a tough job. Respect for all the people in the medical areas of our society.

A very few wore that stuff back then. Just watched a 30 for 30 on Dwight Clark. He never wore stickum or gloves. Fantastic tight end. Get them sticky gloves off and we will see how many fewer circus catches we see.

Well, that makes sense because for the majority of his career it was not legal.

How do you know who wore stickum and who did not? A few were way overboard with it so we obviously know who they are. Once stickum was outlawed they started changing the texture of gloves to improve the grip on the ball as well.

Clark was a pretty good player, no doubts there.

I rewatched all of the games over the past two weeks. I saw several issues that the line has faced for several years.

1. Iowa is a run first offense and teams load the box with at least eight to stop the run. Our receiver room has struggled getting separation off the line, the short quick passing game has been nonexistant. WR injuries certainly made for a thin room.

2. Petras' lack of mobility hurt and he seemed to struggle looking for options 2 & 3.

3. With a struggling running game, defenses don't respect the run fake, making it hard to roll out or drop back.

I thought we looked better against Kentucky who had a top 20 defense. I think there are some good pieces on the line.
This is your assessment ?

I don’t mind defending the kids but you’re not Joe Philben. Iowa had the worst offense in the country and it started on the oline.

I shouldn't make predictions but I'm pretty excited for next season. I think we'll be really good. And I'm exhausted. I'm trying to work a full time job in about 3 hours a day, keep my parents cleaning business going, and still taking care of mom. Getting up at 3 am every night to check her blood pressure and give her meds is a tough job. Respect for all the people in the medical areas of our society.
Nothing to be excited for as long as nepotism keeps being #1 factor to being a top coach at Iowa!!!

Also Anderson is going to be really good. I've seen his highlights and even checked more out on YouTube. He's going to be a special player. But man do i miss the city. This town of 500 people is wearing thin. Where men are men and the sheep are nervous.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
Brian should go back to being the OL coach.
I agree. I think he's an excellent line coach but some fans are holding a grudge and want him gone altogether. I wonder if he isn't a distraction in a small way to kf. Nobody likes to hear terrible stuff about their kid.

Here's what I'm hoping for... Paul Chryst's buyout comes in Feb. He won't accept another job until UW pays him. He takes over for Brian after he gets the $12 mil UW owes him and then Iowa finally has a functioning offense for the first time under KF.
I guess that's possible.

There has to be something behind the curtain that fans don't know.

KF knows his legacy is hanging by a thread.

Here’s the thing I’d be scared of if I was the head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterback coach. We literally have a proven winner and stud in Mcnamera coming in at quarterback. Yes he had a lot of help at Michigan, but most guys get that support at big programs. If there are no staff changes and somehow Mcnamera looks bad, there won’t be anywhere to place the blame.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Bless you for taking care of your mom. If she can live out of a nursing home all the better. Something I knew my dad hated as would I.

It simply makes zero sense, from Iowa's POV, to not announce any changes IMMEDIATELY after the bowl game.

What's the logic if changes are being made?

I must be missing something. It's not like we were waiting for the CFP game to be over. Does KF have a daughter getting married and KF is waiting for his new SIL?

Iowa football is becoming disjointed.
Maybe a position in the NFL hasn’t opened up yet for Brian to make the switch. A team may need to lose so then a coach can be let go, this opening ip a position for Brian…🤞

Brian being on our staff next year should have nothing to do with getting a job in the NFL. Or anywhere else.

He simply should not be on staff. I have zero doubt that it would be really freaking hard to relieve your own son of his job before he had another one lined up. But, ya don’t have to face those kinds of decisions if you don’t hire an employee who is flesh and blood.

Brian being on our staff next year should have nothing to do with getting a job in the NFL. Or anywhere else.

He simply should not be on staff. I have zero doubt that it would be really freaking hard to relieve your own son of his job before he had another one lined up. But, ya don’t have to face those kinds of decisions if you don’t hire an employee who is flesh and blood.
I would like a reporter to ask him how much freedom he has to design the offense and the type of offense. Complete freedom or he does what Kirk says. KOK was our QB guy and evaluated QBs until he left last year. May still consult on that who knows.

Why are you constantly mentioning your personal life?

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT