ADVERTISEMENT

Rouse

Brian should just leave. Whether the lawsuit is real or not, his attitude has been a cancer to the program. It is time for a change of location.
If Kirk’s smart, he fires Brian so he gets paid his full contract amount from Iowa. It’s not like he won’t get another job in college or the NFL. Coaches get fired all the time and fall upward with their next job. Regarding Brian being a cancer, not sure about that but it sounds like he is an arrogant person in the program.

A buddy went to a coaching clinic in Illinois a number of years ago where Brian was speaking, said he was dropping f bombs all over the place while talking football and it was the most uncomfortable and embarrassing thing he had ever heard. Self awareness escapes the guy to the point he thinks he’s the greatest person in the room is another claim I’ve heard.

Bless you for taking care of your mom. If she can live out of a nursing home all the better. Something I knew my dad hated as would I.
Thanks but it's not a big deal. Maybe some good Karma will get an extra win or 2 next season or 3ven this basketball season. Can't hurt.

Reactions: iowaathletes
Because i was asked. I'm sorry if i share to much personal information for your taste. How about I'll keep all personal information to myself.
I think we all know at this point that you’re helping take care of your mom.

I couldn’t resuscitate a 40-year-old guy stabbed right through the heart two nights ago by a 19-year-old woman. Thought everyone should know. Oh wait, it’s not a huge deal b/c that’s life (or death if you will).

* Family is good. And no need to be sorry, I can handle it 🙂

I shouldn't make predictions but I'm pretty excited for next season. I think we'll be really good. And I'm exhausted. I'm trying to work a full time job in about 3 hours a day, keep my parents cleaning business going, and still taking care of mom. Getting up at 3 am every night to check her blood pressure and give her meds is a tough job. Respect for all the people in the medical areas of our society.
agree on all fronts, Bish!

What if he has nowhere to go?
Then that speaks to how ridiculous it is that he still has a job at Iowa. If he and Kirk really thought being the scapegoat for that offense would be good for his career that was really, really dumb.

This shouldn't be controversial, he should have been gone the day after the nebraska debacle. The days of Brian being prioritized over the program have to be over. If not Barta needs to be fired

Then that speaks to how ridiculous it is that he still has a job at Iowa. If he and Kirk really thought being the scapegoat for that offense would be good for his career that was really, really dumb.

This shouldn't be controversial, he should have been gone the day after the nebraska debacle. The days of Brian being prioritized over the program have to be over. If not Barta needs to be fired
He should have been gone after the B10 championship last year.

If Kirk’s smart, he fires Brian so he gets paid his full contract amount from Iowa. It’s not like he won’t get another job in college or the NFL. Coaches get fired all the time and fall upward with their next job. Regarding Brian being a cancer, not sure about that but it sounds like he is an arrogant person in the program.

A buddy went to a coaching clinic in Illinois a number of years ago where Brian was speaking, said he was dropping f bombs all over the place while talking football and it was the most uncomfortable and embarrassing thing he had ever heard. Self awareness escapes the guy to the point he thinks he’s the greatest person in the room is another claim I’ve heard.
Have heard same thing.

Reactions: Bishop1971

Barta should have been fired like 8 times over at this point.

I don't. Coors gets a little grumpy sometimes. I've got thick skin.
You’re not wrong.

It’s just when I see people posting about their hardships or difficult experiences I tend to think “if you only knew the PTSD-building events some of us other posters are dealing with on a fairly consistent basis and yet don’t feel the need to talk about it here.

It’s whatever. You’re right - I can be a bit grumpy. My apologies, Sir.

I do
You’re not wrong.

It’s just when I see people posting about their hardships or difficult experiences I tend to think “if you only knew the PTSD-building events some of us other posters are dealing with on a fairly consistent basis and yet don’t feel the need to talk about it here.

It’s whatever. You’re right - I can be a bit grumpy. My apologies, Sir.
understand that most posters are going through things in their life. I'm not trying to get sympathy or anything. I just happen to mention my life once in awhile. Doesn't mean I'm not aware of hardships others are going through or feel empathy for them. And you didn't hurt my feelings, lol. Just never trust my game predictions. They are almost always wrong. By a lot.

Officially Nebraska… when we are getting beat by first year coaches for OL it’s bad… does anyone know why he didn’t feel right at iowa? What are these guys seeing on visits? Seems like culture would NOT be the problem but maybe it is…
Well, I don’t see Kirk putting a boombox on his shoulder or turnover chain around his neck anytime soon.

Honestly the vibe I get from Bryan is arrogance and entitlement. But that’s literally just from watching him on TV and his interviews. He occasionally tries the “aww shucks” routine that’s worked so well for his dad but falls flat. Probably has something to do with growing up with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Rhule and staff can recruit! That's 2 Pac-12 OL starters that are transferring in. Just got WR Kemp from Virginia who killed the ACC. DT Jeudy from A&M, former 5 stars Borders and Collier from Florida, QB Sims from Ga Tech, QB Hornsby from Arkansas, etc.

Staff seems to have a plan and know what they're doing.

Rhule and staff can recruit! That's 2 Pac-12 OL starters that are transferring in. Just got WR Kemp from Virginia who killed the ACC. DT Jeudy from A&M, former 5 stars Borders and Collier from Florida, QB Sims from Ga Tech, QB Hornsby from Arkansas, etc.

Staff seems to have a plan and know what they're doing.
Recruiting has never been Nebraska’s problem.

I really thought All and Mcnamera would propel us to a great portal class. Just didn’t happen. We might have waited too long to make staff changes.
As has been stated, there is another portal window in a few months, AND there will be more transfers at that time. It ain't over till its over. Maybe we can "Charlie Jones us" a good player or two yet......

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
Pretty sure he has 900,000 reasons to take a year off.
Looking at it from another angle, he has 900,000 reasons to stay. Kirk isn't ever going to fire his firstborn. Brian would be giving up a $900,000 salary to just leave. I mean, who does that? Safety nets are limited because of Iowa's offensive issues and the lawsuit. It's a difficult situation for all involved.

• Haha
Lol. Remember when you warned us all that Frost was the real deal? You're such a Nebby knobgobbler. Good thing you're pretty much never right.
I do remember all the “Frost Warning” billboards I saw over there after that hire….was wondering if they will do something similar for Rhule….something like, “there is a new Rhule’r” or “we play by the Rhule’s” or “we Rhule college football” could work for the Huskers.

FWIW, these guys are bigger and faster than the older days. They got away with a lot more back then though. I met Yanda at the Hawk complex when he played pro ball and he was a big dude. Then I met Scherff a few years ago and he is fricking huge. FWIW, I'm 6' 5" and know my way around the DXL store.

Flag football it's not. Get tickets close to the field sometime and focus on Pro safeties. Those guys are North of 200 lbs and bring it hard. D-linemen are 300+ who run 4.6 to 4.7. They hit with tremendous force.
We aren't speaking about the players, is the current rules added. Receivers can hardly be touched. Nfl used to be a running back league but now a QB/ receiver league due to the current rules

• Wow
FWIW, these guys are bigger and faster than the older days. They got away with a lot more back then though. I met Yanda at the Hawk complex when he played pro ball and he was a big dude. Then I met Scherff a few years ago and he is fricking huge. FWIW, I'm 6' 5" and know my way around the DXL store.

Flag football it's not. Get tickets close to the field sometime and focus on Pro safeties. Those guys are North of 200 lbs and bring it hard. D-linemen are 300+ who run 4.6 to 4.7. They hit with tremendous force.
Met several pro players at Various positions… the most physically imposing guys in my opinion are defensive ends… Julius Peppers comes to mind… they just look scarier than offensive linemen in person… nothing flag football about a 6’7 285lb man that runs faster than a tight end crashing into you.. that is why they have new rules set up for safety. As well as concussions. I have 0 problem with the “flag football” type play now. No need for preventable injuries

I do wish the CBS could have a little more contact other then obvious holds. But it does make for more big plays so I guess there is that aspect

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT