ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session #4

This post is a lie and never happened. If you have a link share it. You won't, because it didn't happen. What is your point and end goal here telling this lie? You will find a post when Spencer was interviewed live on ESPN after he defeated Tomasello at nationals and he said, I love that man. We go way back; he used to practice with me when I was younger. He's a great person, great champion etc. It was a classy interview. In another interview, I heard, he talked about the close personal friendship they have with each other, and he tells a story about working out with him at the Olympic Training Center. You picked the wrong guy to lie about. Who are you HawkMachine? It's easy to hide behind a screen name and post negative shit. Stand up and be accountable if you're going to call someone out and lie about them. This is a forum; many opinions are espoused. Some are informed and some are idiotic, some comments are made in fun and jest and I often find good information. I love it when I can't be somewhere, and someone is providing updates. That's a public forum and it's great. When I take exception is when someone wants to lie, and you sir just lied in a big way and that is total bull shit.
That is johnstownsteel. He slipped up replying as himself on a response to that hawk machine a few messages back. Trying to stir the pot as usual.

#1 I’m on Spencer’s side on this.
#2 I have absolutely no idea what your post has to do with the question I asked.
#1 that’s great but nobody cares
#2 you’re having a field day with this but you have your own skeletons to deal with if you want to go there. That’s what that was about.
#3 act your age and quit making different handles and trolling on an anonymous board. Incredibly weird and I’m embarrassed for you.

I’m done I’m here but will add, none of what happened really matters if I were to be honest. I only talk about it because I’m bored. Spencer will be gone in 3 months and coach will still be there doing what he thinks is right to lead his team. He’s one of the best out there and that’s really all that matters. I still think Brands played his hand here with an eye on the future and having the next crop buy into trusting him and believing in “his way” of doing things. Yes, I know I speculate… so be it

Hope yin’s have a great and fruitful New Year!
Some days on the lake I keep casting and don’t get any bites and I decide to pack it in and go. You kept casting on this subject and got nothing

Listen up turds as I’m not coming back to this thread because I’m going to celebrate the bowl game and the new year.

Ask yourselves one question, what do I gain from making up my claim on his comments?

That is all.

Go Hawks.
I accepted your bet of $1000, but you haven't responded. Are we on, or was that not a serious offer of a wager?

Reactions: McIlraveysMullet
This post comes across as you being an arrogant prick.

Really bad look.

Sit the rest of this one out, champ.
When some idiot says I can’t pay a $1,000 bet?

Don’t care what it looks like.

Bunch of idiots calling me out when THEY were WRONG.

Lmao.

Necessary lung development. You must know situation better than the team?
So the only way to develop lungs is grinding it out vs Drake in practice every single day. So nice of Momma Ayala to be so concerned about Spencer. Didn’t seem like she cared for him much in her FB post.

Are you blind, another poster
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office
confirmed my comments.

Phucking morons around here.

Eat crow Kunts.

So the only way to develop lungs is grinding it out vs Drake in practice every single day. So nice of Momma Ayala to be so concerned about Spencer. Didn’t seem like she cared for him much in her FB post.
Nope. Just like he did yesterday.

Take tommarrow's blood pressure pill now😉

You will start 2023 feeling a little better that way

Nah I’m good.

Made a comment and y’all called me a liar, idiot, among other things.

Truth comes out.

Find it all amusing.

Middle finger to all.

After the match, he was cocky and arrogant and took it even further by jawing at the coaches. I don’t care who you are, that was a terrible look. I don't personally mind intensity/hard wrestling/shoving/etc. It's the peacocking, look at me, team 2nd stuff that drives me nuts.If you ask me, he has some serious issues but to me the perfect fit for a program like the Hawkeyes who seem to love being the sports bully.

After the match, he was cocky and arrogant and took it even further by jawing at the coaches. I don’t care who you are, that was a terrible look. I don't personally mind intensity/hard wrestling/shoving/etc. It's the peacocking, look at me, team 2nd stuff that drives me nuts.If you ask me, he has some serious issues but to me the perfect fit for a program like the Hawkeyes who seem to love being the sports bully.
Oh shit I’m sorry. Thought I was posting in the Angelo Ferrari thread.

• Haha
Reactions: comment1283
When you get your arse beat the last thing you want is yo momma taking to social media to defend you. How embarrassing. Just take your beating like a man and go back to the drawing board and get to work. Not drakes fault but his mom is making him seem like he cries to her about it. That’s the bad look in my opinion. Poor guy. He prob like mom please stop posting.

When you get your arse beat the last thing you want is yo momma taking to social media to defend you. How embarrassing. Just take your beating like a man and go back to the drawing board and get to work. Not drakes fault but his mom is making him seem like he cries to her about it. That’s the bad look in my opinion. Poor guy. He prob like mom please stop posting.
One thousand percent agree with this!

Keep casting…..

TG is Iowa trained and developed whether he admits it or not. Had already won a silver at Iowa and still didn’t win a gold at Olympics when with PSu. Then won a gold in a watered down field after Olympics.
Oh…didn’t realize he won an Olympic Gold when he was at Iowa. My bad. Was that before or after he lost to a PSU guy in the NCAA final?

You must admit…TG is a much more offensive-minded wrestler since coming over to the NLWC. He doesn’t just settle for pushing guys out anymore.

That is johnstownsteel. He slipped up replying as himself on a response to that hawk machine a few messages back. Trying to stir the pot as usual.
Huh? Lol

Since we all think Hawk Machine should be banned for not backing up what he is spewing here, why don’t you take a swing at backing up your accusations?

And so we are clear here, you are saying I’m posting as Hawk Machine correct?

Oh…didn’t realize he won an Olympic Gold when he was at Iowa. My bad. Was that before or after he lost to a PSU guy in the NCAA final?

You must admit…TG is a much more offensive-minded wrestler since coming over to the NLWC. He doesn’t just settle for pushing guys out anymore.
Nah - only incremental improvement that would have happened at either place. In my humble opinion. He was just scared to be in the same room with lee. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. Thanks for coming though rookie.

Now clean up the spit boxes.

Nah - only incremental improvement that would have happened at either place. In my humble opinion. He was just scared to be in the same room with lee. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. Thanks for coming though rookie.

Now clean up the spit boxes.
Why? Obviously, Lee doesn’t lower himself to wrestle teammates. Gilman had to come to NLWC for some worthy practice partners.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Huh? Lol

Since we all think Hawk Machine should be banned for not backing up what he is spewing here, why don’t you take a swing at backing up your accusations?

And so we are clear here, you are saying I’m posting as Hawk Machine correct?
I don’t give a shit if I get banned from any board. You should know that by now after my visits over to bwi. I still don’t think I’m banned though? I’m feeling like a visit is long overdue. I’ll make a new name if I get booted here. Learned that from someone I saw a time or two. Butttt we can play that game. Page 11 of this thread hawkgold replied to hawk machine to provide proof and you replied “I have none” and blah blah blah. It was for hawk machine. Seemed like a slip up there from someone with too many handles. You wouldn’t happen to have any other handles, would ya? Fluffer.

Why? Obviously, Lee doesn’t lower himself to wrestle teammates. Gilman had to come to NLWC for some worthy practice partners.
Because he was “humbled” by Lee when Lee was a true freshman. After Lee got hurt, naturally he couldn’t go live as he has said in countless interviews. “I didn’t even wrestle for months” etc. etc. Gilman used that as ammunition and said Lee wouldn’t go with him when he was on his way out. No shit, sumo. He didn’t want to wrestle one of the best in the world with blown out knees. He was saving what little he had to take one for the team and actually win a national title for Iowa instead of help selfish ass Gilman get better who already had his time with the university. How dare Spencer think of his health and his team before the master of push outs. Crazy, I know. Gilman was depending on a freshman/sophomore to make him better. He must be embarrassed about that. Hence his constant remarks and subtle jabs at Iowa. He should be embarrassed. But I’ll give him a little credit…he looks better since joining NLWC. I’m not one of the ones who think Carl and fools can’t coach. They can but don’t come here knocking Spencer when he’s been hurt for years. Gilman should’ve been helping him, not the other way around.

I’ve seen him recently say Tomasello was unathletic and a bad wrestler. Others as well but I can’t remember all of them. But several comments similar to that.

Was very surprised.
Ok, here is the explanation/clarification that you're needing (yes, I'm intentionally being condescending).

In the Spencer Lee: Technique Breakdown video posted on pg. 13 of this thread, at the 19:00 mark Spencer says, while explaining specific technique, that Tomasello is "not a good athlete." At no point does Spencer say or even infer that Tomasello was a bad wrestler, as you claim. And you go on to claim that Spencer has said similar things about "others," as if he has disparaged many college wrestlers. Simply not true. Spencer's comment was not said in a disparaging manner, and he goes on to say that Terry Brands is a "terrible athlete." Do you think that he is demeaning the guy (Terry) who has had the biggest wrestling influence on him of anyone? Of course not! Spencer simply means that both Tomasello and Terry Brands are not great athletes, but of course are great wrestlers.

He goes on to explain that they have practiced certain techniques to the point that they have mastered them, and that has brought them great success. In this context, many could be considered great wrestlers but not necessarily possessing outstanding athletic skills. Compare Joe Williams or Chris Campbell or Roman Bravo Young (outstanding athletic skills) vs. Dan Gable or Lincoln McIlravy or many of our sport's all-time greats, who excelled unbelievably at wrestling but probably lacked in general athletic skills. I had never thought of it this way until now, but it seems like some of the truly great wrestlers had amazing athletic abilities that translated to success on the mat, whereas others lacked those athletic abilities so they worked really, really hard at mastering things like technique.

Bottom line --- you completely misunderstood what Spencer was explaining in the video, which leads me to wonder if you ever wrestled or competed in any sport -- if you had, you would probably have understood the nuance that Spencer was explaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT