ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session #4

I will give my opinion of what I assume happened. I believe that going into the tournament, that if Spencer and Drake made the finals, drake would default out and let Spencer take home the trophy. Whether this was discussed or just assumed I do not know.

Being that they are BOTH coming off injuries, this would allow them to wrestle one less match and see how their bodies are once they get back home. Well it looks to me that Drake said I want to wrestle? My thought is maybe Spencer was thinking the coaches should step in and tell him to FFT?

That is how I see it. Lee then is a little pissed off maybe that he has to go again against his own teammate. Maybe Drake even believes he can go with Lee if not beat him because they have not wrestled much? Lee might feel that Drake is not giving him the respect he deserves?

That is why it appears that Lee says "He wanted this" talking about Drake, and "you wanted this" to the coaches. Again, I believe that a lot of people just do not understand what they are watching, and just how great Lee is!

Drake is certainly a very good Wrestler. I believe he will step right in and become and AA and a title contender. That being said, he is NOT Spencer Lee, but NO one else is either!

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Today’s Top Ten.

10. The more you stir shit, the more it stinks.
9. You can’t fix stupid.
8. The art of the debate is still questionable
7. No whinny at the dinner table.
6. Hawk Machine, A half truth is still a lie
5. If you walk in a tight circle long enough, you’ll get dizzy.
4. When you’re up to your ass in alligators, the objective is to drain the swamp.
3. Hell hath no fury like the Mother of a wrestler. Everyone makes mistakes.
2.. It’s much easier to tear down than it is to build up.
1. Spencer Lee is still the badest man on the planet.

Last edited:
Today’s Top Ten.

10. The more you stir shit, the more it stinks.
9. You can’t fix stupid.
8. The art of the debate is still questionable
7. No whinny at the dinner table.
6. Hawk Machine, A half truth is still a lie
5. If you walk in a tight circle long enough, you’ll get dizzy.
4. When you’re up to your ass in alligators, the objective is to drain the swamp.
3. Hell hath no fury like the Mother of a wrestler.
2. Everyone makes mistakes. It’s much easier to tear down than it is to build up.
1. Spencer Lee is still the badest man on the planet.
When being chased by an alligator, run in right angles (or left). They're fast straight ahead, but can't turn too good

Yes. Drake's Mom was being.....a Mom. And, she's a wrestling Mom who later recanted.

Drake has the best man in the world at his weight in the room. What an opportunity to get
I will give my opinion of what I assume happened. I believe that going into the tournament, that if Spencer and Drake made the finals, drake would default out and let Spencer take home the trophy. Whether this was discussed or just assumed I do not know.

Being that they are BOTH coming off injuries, this would allow them to wrestle one less match and see how their bodies are once they get back home. Well it looks to me that Drake said I want to wrestle? My thought is maybe Spencer was thinking the coaches should step in and tell him to FFT?

That is how I see it. Lee then is a little pissed off maybe that he has to go again against his own teammate. Maybe Drake even believes he can go with Lee if not beat him because they have not wrestled much? Lee might feel that Drake is not giving him the respect he deserves?

That is why it appears that Lee says "He wanted this" talking about Drake, and "you wanted this" to the coaches. Again, I believe that a lot of people just do not understand what they are watching, and just how great Lee is!

Drake is certainly a very good Wrestler. I believe he will step right in and become and AA and a title contender. That being said, he is NOT Spencer Lee, but NO one else is either!

Just my 2 cents
I stopped reading at SL desiring to bring home a trophy at expense of younger teammate defaulting.

• Haha
Reactions: honkey69
I stopped reading at SL desiring to bring home a trophy at expense of younger teammate defaulting.
No offense but I think you may have stopped reading in elementtary skool? Obviously Spencer Lee does not need another trophy for his case!!! It comes down to the point of the whole thing which if you continued to read, maybe you would have gotten?

I have to believe that alone with every great thing you can say about SL. There is also a great amount of PRIDE! It has to be somewhat hard on the young man to believe he is the very best in the world, and having his knees not holding up so he can prove it.

Again, I have no idea what is happening in the room behind the closed doors. What I was posting is what it appeared to me might have happened. Maybe Drake wants his shot? Maybe SL does not feel Drake is giving him the respect he should be?

SL appears to say "he wanted this" as if to say. I didn't want to go out and piss pound my teammate but if he is going to make me wrestle well BE WARNED!!!

No offense but I think you may have stopped reading in elementtary skool? Obviously Spencer Lee does not need another trophy for his case!!! It comes down to the point of the whole thing which if you continued to read, maybe you would have gotten?

I have to believe that alone with every great thing you can say about SL. There is also a great amount of PRIDE! It has to be somewhat hard on the young man to believe he is the very best in the world, and having his knees not holding up so he can prove it.

Again, I have no idea what is happening in the room behind the closed doors. What I was posting is what it appeared to me might have happened. Maybe Drake wants his shot? Maybe SL does not feel Drake is giving him the respect he should be?

SL appears to say "he wanted this" as if to say. I didn't want to go out and piss pound my teammate but if he is going to make me wrestle well BE WARNED!!!
I’m guessing DA was underestimating the abilities of SL and wanted to find out what he really had. Can’t really blame the kid. Sounds like he’s never really gone live with SL.

SL expected him to recognize. In the end, he showed it on the mat. Maybe surprised DA and him family in the process. Mom tipped her hand big time, backing up what I wrote above, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: blcoach80
I’m guessing DA was underestimating the abilities of SL and wanted to find out what he really had. Can’t really blame the kid. Sounds like he’s never really gone live with SL.

SL expected him to recognize. In the end, he showed it on the mat. Maybe surprised DA and him family in the process. Mom tipped her hand big time, backing up what I wrote above, imo.
Yes, but the point is a cub still challenged the KING! I am not pointing fingers or putting blame on Drake. As I said, I am just guessing based on what I saw and heard. I can not imagine that Drake has never rolled with Lee? Anything is possible and even so, I can not image that he does not realize who he has as a teammate.

I have said it before, Spencer Lee is the best P4P wrestler on the planet! He very well may be the best wrestler we ever see in our lifetimes. I just pray that his knees hold up so that everyone understands this. I fully believe he is capable of Tech'ing his way through the worlds and Olympics!

So maybe he felt a little slighted by his teammate. There is a time where every athlete has to be a little selfish and think about himself. Lee's goal is not to win the Soldier Solute. His goal is to be IOWAs 1st 4 timer and then set sights on worlds/Olympics.

I don't know what the deal is between the two? Maybe you both default out and bring it back to the room for a match to see who takes home the trophy? Maybe the coaches and two wrestlers talk it out. Hey SL how you feeling? What would be best for you right now do you think?

Not saying the whole universe revolves around Lee, but EVERYONE should be full aware and on board with doing what they can to help him reach his goals!!!

Yes, but the point is a cub still challenged the KING! I am not pointing fingers or putting blame on Drake. As I said, I am just guessing based on what I saw and heard. I can not imagine that Drake has never rolled with Lee? Anything is possible and even so, I can not image that he does not realize who he has as a teammate.

I have said it before, Spencer Lee is the best P4P wrestler on the planet! He very well may be the best wrestler we ever see in our lifetimes. I just pray that his knees hold up so that everyone understands this. I fully believe he is capable of Tech'ing his way through the worlds and Olympics!

So maybe he felt a little slighted by his teammate. There is a time where every athlete has to be a little selfish and think about himself. Lee's goal is not to win the Soldier Solute. His goal is to be IOWAs 1st 4 timer and then set sights on worlds/Olympics.

I don't know what the deal is between the two? Maybe you both default out and bring it back to the room for a match to see who takes home the trophy? Maybe the coaches and two wrestlers talk it out. Hey SL how you feeling? What would be best for you right now do you think?

Not saying the whole universe revolves around Lee, but EVERYONE should be full aware and on board with doing what they can to help him reach his goals!!!
I was happy to see them wrestle. That’s how it should be, imo.

If Lee felt disrespected because a teammate wanted to wrestle him, that is Lee’s problem, not Ayala’s.

Sure. But one thing I notice about a few young coworkers coming into our workplace is that many are keyed into what others around them are doing/allowed to do, to a degree I don’t remember experiencing before.

I’m guessing some see SL as being entitled and not helping out team in room, maybe?

I don't think it's a matter of "if they wrestled" they have, but it's been a long time due to Drake having shoulder surgery and Spencer having double knee surgery and being off the mat for the past 10-11 months... so it's been a while and absence makes reality a little more distant:)

Sure. But one thing I notice about a few young coworkers coming into our workplace is that many are keyed into what others around them are doing/allowed to do, to a degree I don’t remember experiencing before.

I’m guessing some see SL as being entitled and not helping out team in room, maybe?
Entitled in what way? How does he work out with guys when he's been off the mat for the past two years dealing with knee injuries. Spencer said in an interview that he was wrestling like 7-10 minutes a day prior to having this past surgery... Hard to be there for the guys when he's simply trying to survive and "HELP" the team by wrestling through injuries. Despite being hurt, he was still the best option for the team, so he wrestled. I believe that's being there for the guys.

Entitled in what way? How does he work out with guys when he's been off the mat for the past two years dealing with knee injuries. Spencer said in an interview that he was wrestling like 7-10 minutes a day prior to having this past surgery... Hard to be there for the guys when he's simply trying to survive and "HELP" the team by wrestling through injuries. Despite being hurt, he was still the best option for the team, so he wrestled. I believe that's being there for the guys.
I agree. But from the tone and content of a message from a teammate’s mother, am not sure all parties are on same page.

Tone and content of a post that was withdrawn, but captured by screen shots... Who knows what the situation was for the mother at the time of the post....

...SL appears to say "he wanted this" as if to say. I didn't want to go out and piss pound my teammate but if he is going to make me wrestle well BE WARNED!!!

The look on Spencer's face at 0:49 of the Ayala match is something that I can only recall seeing once before and that was when he wrestled DeSanto for the first time in the 2016 PIAA finals when DeSanto went into that match at 50-0.
As we all know, Spencer is pretty workman-like, even in the biggest matches, but he wrestled DeSanto angry. At 9:28, check out the way he pushed DeSanto's face into the mat, slammed down his ankle bands, shook hands with DeSanto's coach and then threw his headgear.
For whatever reason, he seemed to take the Ayala and DeSanto matches very personally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT