ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session #4

When you get your arse beat the last thing you want is yo momma taking to social media to defend you. How embarrassing. Just take your beating like a man and go back to the drawing board and get to work. Not drakes fault but his mom is making him seem like he cries to her about it. That’s the bad look in my opinion. Poor guy. He prob like mom please stop posting.
Drake is a stud and I highly doubt he does any whining to his mom or otherwise. He went to Carver damn near immediately after the loss to Spence to workout. How can you not like a kid like that.

He will get better and he and Lee will lock horns again. In the end I believe their match will serve both of them well. Now, can we please move on. I guarantee they haven’t talked about it as much as we have. Guarantee it.

Last edited:
Sure, they let Spencer be part of the team...

david-rose-schitts-creek.gif

TG is Iowa trained and developed whether he admits it or not. Had already won a silver at Iowa and still didn’t win a gold at Olympics when with PSu. Then won a gold in a watered down field after Olympics.
Silver was also in watered down field after Olympics.

Reactions: bnicolls
I don’t give a shit if I get banned from any board. You should know that by now after my visits over to bwi. I still don’t think I’m banned though? I’m feeling like a visit is long overdue. I’ll make a new name if I get booted here. Learned that from someone I saw a time or two. Butttt we can play that game. Page 11 of this thread hawkgold replied to hawk machine to provide proof and you replied “I have none” and blah blah blah. It was for hawk machine. Seemed like a slip up there from someone with too many handles. You wouldn’t happen to have any other handles, would ya? Fluffer.
Seemed like a slip up? So like HawkMachine, you just throw out shit whether true or not. You do realize I've never hidden who I was under any handle I've used here right? Why would I do it now you idiot? You made a claim with absolutely nothing to back it up. That makes you a LIAR no better than Hawk Machine. And stop with the fluffer shit. It wasn't funny decades ago and its still not funny today. Simply put...its the "Dad Joke" of insults you big dummy. But yes, please do come over to the PSU board any time you like. Make an impact this time because quite frankly, I didn't even know you existed until your tried spreading your LIE. Was I suppose to remember you??

Last edited:
Drake is a stud and I highly doubt he does any whining to his mom or otherwise. He went to a Carver damn near immediately after the loss to Spence to workout out. How can you not like a kid like that.

He will get better and he and Lee will lock horns again. In the end I believe their match will serve both of them well. Now, can we please move on. I guarantee they haven’t talked about it as much as we have. Guarantee it.
I agree. I’ve got not problem with Lee or drake.

I was noting that his mom is making the situation embarrassing.

Also trying to shut down a topic in the cess pool is near impossible lol.

Silver was also in watered down field after Olympics.
Tru world championships usually don’t have the same competition - although the gold came at a world championship that was only 3 months after the Olympics that year which caused more Olympian’s to not compete including the Olympic champ. Uguev(spelling)

Reactions: SmartAggressive
Seemed like a slip up? So like HawkMachine, you just throw out shit whether true or not. You do realize I've never hidden who I was under any handle I've used here right? Why would I do it now you idiot? You made a claim with absolutely nothing to back it up. That makes you a LIAR no better than Hawk Machine. And stop with the fluffer shit. It wasn't funny decades ago and its still not funny today. Simply put...its the "Dad Joke" of insults you big dummy. But yes, please do come over to the PSU board any time you like. Make an impact this time because quite frankly, I didn't even know you existed until your tried spreading your LIE. Was I suppose to remember you??
Says the guy who literally went back and liked a years worth of my posts after last NCAA’s. I got you nice and riled up. I like this better. You don’t do witty well. Stay this way, cupcake. I’ll visit bwi again after I take a few pics of the guys in the TBI unit and put them beside a shot of berge and his concussion bucket Carl sent him out there with.

• Haha
Reactions: IRONBIRD
Says the guy who literally went back and liked a years worth of my posts after last NCAA’s. I got you nice and riled up. I like this better. You don’t do witty well. Stay this way, cupcake. I’ll visit bwi again after I take a few pics of the guys in the TBI unit and put them beside a shot of berge and his concussion bucket Carl sent him out there with.
I don't remember that either so you must have really riled me up on that one. Bottom line, you lied unless you have something to back up what you were saying. You're just another version of HawkMacine...LOL..you're Pat Mineo without the name recognition or ability to lead others to remember you even exist. Sorry...it's just truth.

Does this count as trash talk at 7:45?

“Have fun in the loser’s bracket man”

For the record I have no problem with this

I hate to interrupt this thread with an actual wrestling question, but here goes: I saw that on the women’s side, unattached wrestlers scored the most points at over 160 points. Were enough of those unattached women Iowa commits that the Hawks would have won it as a team? TIA.

Drama junkies can go back on vacation.

"So obviously i posted after Drake and Spencer’s match. Not so much the match but the comments made me want to defend my son. Took it off because I knew it was not an appropriate thing to do or say. But some lovely person screenshot it. Everyone knows Spencer is a great wrestler. If he wasn’t a teammate wouldnt have given a second thought about the head pushing. And my son has taken this loss like any other loss. Tomorrow is always a new day. The nasty comments are so hard to read when you know the work this sport takes. Drake is a great sport and he obviously got that from his dad. Peace out Iowa Wrestling Fan club! This mom will never look at another comment again. Happy New Year!"

"So obviously i posted after Drake and Spencer’s match. Not so much the match but the comments made me want to defend my son. Took it off because I knew it was not an appropriate thing to do or say. But some lovely person screenshot it. Everyone knows Spencer is a great wrestler. If he wasn’t a teammate wouldnt have given a second thought about the head pushing. And my son has taken this loss like any other loss. Tomorrow is always a new day. The nasty comments are so hard to read when you know the work this sport takes. Drake is a great sport and he obviously got that from his dad. Peace out Iowa Wrestling Fan club! This mom will never look at another comment again. Happy New Year!"
Smart lady. Admit when you were wrong and move on. Also I bet it’s tough to read all the comments from keyboard tough guys as a parent.

Half-assed apology/ excuse/ reason by Mrs. Ayala.
If you're not ready for your opinion to be out there forever, then don't post it in the first place. Someone will always screen capture it.

Futhermore, don't just say "someone". She knows exactly who captured it. Interesting she doesn't hesitate to call out Spencer, but let's Patty Minnows off the hook because he's the one that pushed the narrative hard and fueled the fire.

Lastly, I don't recall anyone bad mouthing Drake for anything whatsoever.

I find it more interesting the things she didn't say than the things she actually did.

If you're not ready for your opinion to be out there forever, then don't post it in the first place. Someone will always screen capture it.

Futhermore, don't just say "someone". She knows exactly who captured it. Interesting she doesn't hesitate to call out Spencer, but let's Patty Minnows off the hook because he's the one that pushed the narrative hard and fueled the fire.

I find it more interesting the things she didn't say than the things she actually did.

Just admit you love drama and move on.

Reactions: el dub

Shut up dude and move on. Parents overreact, not everyone is as classy as you.

Screw that. What she said about Spencer was nastier than anything said about Drake on this site or elsewhere. Also the parents overreact part is b.s. Parents don't bash teammates on social media. That's unheard of.
She is a literal parent. She overreacted, what I said is a literal fact and not bs. Move on.

Shut up dude and move on. Parents overreact, not everyone is as classy as you.
Parents do overreact and yet most don't spill it onto social media with their names attached to it. This is how drama is created, not extinguished.
Furthermore, her latest post is almost 48 hours after she initially stirred the pot. That's a long time to think about a response.

Now I'm moving on. Maybe.

Reactions: el dub
She is a literal parent. She overreacted, what I said is a literal fact and not bs. Move on.
There's been hundreds and hundreds of parents that have sent their kids through this program. She actively defamed Spencer. We've seen parents go after coaches on social media, never teammates. Sucks for all the parties involved but nothing can really be done about it.

Nasty comments? I don't think I saw a single "Nasty comment" directed at Drake ". Nothing but respect for his competitiveness and desire to take Spencer on.

Totally agree. That’s not an apology at all. It was full of false excuses. Would have been better to never mention it again.

Good for Angie Ayala for taking down the post. Good for her for trying to make it right with a new post. Good for Spencer. Good for Drake. Lets go Hawks.
Right, and now all of the knuckleheads (at least one of whom is theoretically an Iowa fan🤦🏻‍♂️) trying to make a mountain out of a molehill and pretend that Spencer is a trash-talker can crawl back into their holes. Upward and onward.

I don't remember that either so you must have really riled me up on that one. Bottom line, you lied unless you have something to back up what you were saying. You're just another version of HawkMacine...LOL..you're Pat Mineo without the name recognition or ability to lead others to remember you even exist. Sorry...it's just truth.
I already gave you the post dumb dumb. And YOU, a psu fan, have posted more frequently than I have this season but I’m looking for recognition? You must be no better than HawkMachine or pat mineo with your lies!!! Weirdo.

Reactions: Descat1
Ok, here is the explanation/clarification that you're needing (yes, I'm intentionally being condescending).

In the Spencer Lee: Technique Breakdown video posted on pg. 13 of this thread, at the 19:00 mark Spencer says, while explaining specific technique, that Tomasello is "not a good athlete." At no point does Spencer say or even infer that Tomasello was a bad wrestler, as you claim. And you go on to claim that Spencer has said similar things about "others," as if he has disparaged many college wrestlers. Simply not true. Spencer's comment was not said in a disparaging manner, and he goes on to say that Terry Brands is a "terrible athlete." Do you think that he is demeaning the guy (Terry) who has had the biggest wrestling influence on him of anyone? Of course not! Spencer simply means that both Tomasello and Terry Brands are not great athletes, but of course are great wrestlers.

He goes on to explain that they have practiced certain techniques to the point that they have mastered them, and that has brought them great success. In this context, many could be considered great wrestlers but not necessarily possessing outstanding athletic skills. Compare Joe Williams or Chris Campbell or Roman Bravo Young (outstanding athletic skills) vs. Dan Gable or Lincoln McIlravy or many of our sport's all-time greats, who excelled unbelievably at wrestling but probably lacked in general athletic skills. I had never thought of it this way until now, but it seems like some of the truly great wrestlers had amazing athletic abilities that translated to success on the mat, whereas others lacked those athletic abilities so they worked really, really hard at mastering things like technique.

Bottom line --- you completely misunderstood what Spencer was explaining in the video, which leads me to wonder if you ever wrestled or competed in any sport -- if you had, you would probably have understood the nuance that Spencer was explaining.
Spot on Mendoza! Context is everything.

Claiming Spencer disparaged Tomasello and ignoring the fact that he said virtually the exact same thing about Terry Brands regarding athleticism, shows that "Hawkmachine" missed the entire point and twisted the context, and posted garbage.

FWIW Drakes mom was on the Iowa wrestling facebook page…… walking back her comments and admitted she was wrong to post what she did…that should put all the puppy poopy hole and whatever you guys were doing to that goat to rest I would hope

A wrestling Mom got heated and lashed out….. calmed down and retracted it….. nothing to see here

Angie's follow-up was gracious and articulate. Glad she posted it. I'm a little surprised (but not really) that some disagree. Oh, well, can't please everyone.
Yes. Drake's Mom was being.....a Mom. And, she's a wrestling Mom who later recanted.

Drake has the best man in the world at his weight in the room. What an opportunity to get better.

Retracted, walked back, recanted....

"Oopsies...didn't mean what I said."

**poof...like it never happened**

Lol. You guys are so gullible.

Yes. Drake's Mom was being.....a Mom. And, she's a wrestling Mom who later recanted.

Drake has the best man in the world at his weight in the room. What an opportunity to get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT