ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session IV Thread

So Rathje pushing after the match is great, but AJ pushing after the match is not? All this after match pushing has to stop. It seems when one of our guys does it (ADS, Spencer, etc) It’s ok, but otherwise it’s bad. Let’s give the Ferrari’s a fair shake and not hang them over a post match pushing that Brands has encouraged for years.
I don’t think Ferrari is being ridiculed due to this one incident……it’s a compilation of events

So Rathje pushing after the match is great, but AJ pushing after the match is not? All this after match pushing has to stop. It seems when one of our guys does it (ADS, Spencer, etc) It’s ok, but otherwise it’s bad. Let’s give the Ferrari’s a fair shake and not hang them over a post match pushing that Brands has encouraged for years.
Two totally different reactions snd situations.

• Haha
Reactions: derekforhawks
It was the punch that got him DQ’ed. stop muddying the water with any other comparison.
Somehow, I thought I was ignoring you Because your inability to keep politics off this board. It’s been glorious, not having to read your posts. For some reason your reply showed up. I have no beef with the DQ. That has nothing at all to do with what I posted. Stop muddying the waters.

Somehow, I thought I was ignoring you Because your inability to keep politics off this board. It’s been glorious, not having to read your posts. For some reason your reply showed up. I have no beef with the DQ. That has nothing at all to do with what I posted. Stop muddying the waters.
Solid effort. Not sure which part of the above makes you sound dummer.

Didn't love that he flexed all over an injured opponent.

We sure do have some piss and vinegar in late December...let's see what happens on Feb 9.
I noticed that also, but I don't think he knew the kid was injured. once he planted him on the mat he jumped up and turned away and started his flexing and didn't look back at his opponent. I waited to see what the camera would show, but soon the kid jogged back to center and shook hands. Maybe just got the wind knocked out of him.. I first thought he might have rib damage.

Pushing a guy’s head down after the match was a fraction of the overall spectacle he put on last night. Gimme a break man! If that was all that happened, it wouldn’t have been as big of a deal. Spencer Lee demonstrated class his entire career at Iowa. Ferrari has a shady past and showed last night he has zero class and that is not even including him pushing Glazier’s head down. If you can’t see this, I can’t help you.
Why is everyone so soft all of a sudden? This is a non issue until he flips the crowd off that was booing him. He had since apologized. Time to move forward.

he took a swing because he got pushed in retaliation for his head push. you think he had justification for swinging at someone….let alone knowing he was already on thin ice?
I think something was also said. The swing didn't even land. Wasn't a good look but there's always more to the story. Guys push off heads all the time. Does that deserve a shove after? Both guys in the wrong here. AJ has apologized and it's time to let this blow over imo.

Why is everyone so soft all of a sudden? This is a non issue until he flips the crowd off that was booing him. He had since apologized. Time to move forward.
It’s a non issue if he isn’t a guy Iowa is recruiting. The guy has been given the opportunity to compete for Iowa as we are actively recruiting him despite his shady past. Swinging at a potential future teammate and flipping off the crowd initially and then doing the splits and giving a double FU to what would have been your home fans is what makes this so bad and is what has made people strongly not want him. I can’t believe I am even taking the time to try to explain to you as you must be too dense to grasp the impact of his actions. 🙄. If Brands hasn’t already cut ties with him, it is a sad state for Iowa wrestling.

It’s a non issue if he isn’t a guy Iowa is recruiting. The guy has been given the opportunity to compete for Iowa as we are actively recruiting him despite his shady past. Swinging at a potential future teammate and flipping off the crowd initially and then doing the splits and giving a double FU to what would have been your home fans is what makes this so bad and is what has made people strongly not want him. I can’t believe I am even taking the time to try to explain to you as you must be too dense to grasp the impact of his actions. 🙄. If Brands hasn’t already cut ties with him, it is a sad state for Iowa wrestlin
What about ADS and his actions? What about brands and his actions? You can't have it one way for some and not others. The fact that you call me dense just shows that you have no argument and are just looking to trash people lol time for you to calm down and let the coaches handle this...

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I think something was also said. The swing didn't even land. Wasn't a good look but there's always more to the story. Guys push off heads all the time. Does that deserve a shove after? Both guys in the wrong here. AJ has apologized and it's time to let this blow over imo.
once again give AJ a pass and deflect the blame……are a possible few more points, maybe finishing in the top 4 or 5
What about ADS and his actions? What about brands and his actions? You can't have it one way for some and not others. The fact that you call me dense just shows that you have no argument and are just looking to trash people lol time for you to calm down and let the coaches handle this...
you can’t really equate the Brands actions on the mat and Desanto’s disability which could be defined and with work negated with AJ’s continued irresponsible actions on and off the mat! I know you are trying hard to make a case for a few more points at nationals but the risk and potential harm is far too great.

I’m calling you dense because you are comparing apples and oranges. ADS had an incident at NCAA’s prior to coming to Iowa. His antics at Iowa or previously don’t compare to AJ’s. The Brands brothers as wrestlers wrestled intensely and had a shove out of bounds here and there, but sgsin, no comparison to what happened last night. Did you even watch the Brands Bros wrestle? Ferrari was disqualified and that didn’t even include him giving multiple fingers to the crowd of the team that was recruiting him and then also trying to draw attention to himself giving multiple fingers to the crowd. You can’t seem to see the differences.

Whoda thunk that the sleepy Soldier Salute would deliver this level of pyrotechnics and outrage? Not this cat.

My biggest concern the day after is how soft our fanbase is today. Outraged that an emotionally charged hothead would have the audacity to flip them the bird after being booed by the very fans he hopes would eventually support him as a Hawkeye.

Chrissakes, I get flipped off two or three times every morning on my drive into work. Big deal, get over it and maybe quit booing amateur athletes while you’re at it. It’s bush league and a sure sign of inbred stupidity. Sounds like a number of our fans deserved the middle finger salute. Quit clutching your pearls and grow up.

Whoda thunk that the sleepy Soldier Salute would deliver this level of pyrotechnics and outrage? Not this cat.

My biggest concern the day after is how soft our fanbase is today. Outraged that an emotionally charged hothead would have the audacity to flip them the bird after being booed by the very fans he hopes would eventually support him as a Hawkeye.

Chrissakes, I get flipped off two or three times every morning on my drive into work. Big deal, get over it and maybe quit booing amateur athletes while you’re at it. It’s bush league and a sure sign of inbred stupidity. Sounds like a number of our fans deserved the middle finger salute. Quit clutching your pearls and grow up.
Is that you Mike, how's the fishing been?

Yeah. A well established hot headed prick took a swing at one of our guys then went nutso on the crowd. But the crowd is the inbred one in that story.

True genius.

Not sure how you can blame TnT for the Caliendo / PK mess. I get that PK was here and TnT brought in Caliendo...but would they have done that if PK hadn't gotten himself into the gambling debacle? We'd all be pissed if TnT passed on Caliendo and the suspension ended up being a lot longer and we didn't have any sort of plan. PK is mostly responsible for that situation...and he could have solved the issue today by beating Caliendo...but he didn't do that either. I don't know...tough spot
Jfc get the best guys you can every year and let best man win

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz
Rather this happen now with AJ then at a more important event or when he was an actual Hawk. Tom went to bat for them and AJ blew it all up in one night.

I don’t have an issue with what happened in Anthony and Rathjen’s match. Wrestlers pushing each other, news at 11. When Rathjen got in his face and flexed, Anthony took it like a man.

All AJ had to do was pat Glazier on the back smile at even the ones who are booing him, accept his trophy and move on.

The family needs to have a reckoning with AJ and hold him accountable for his actions. Either they do and Angelo stays or they don’t and go somewhere else. Angelo and Anthony are not AJ.
This take is a no Brainer

You are a terrible driver.

Ironside is beloved because he yells and screams and says stuff like Gol Darn and wizard... and because he's a relic of Gable's golden era.

However, he's not a great broadcaster and is severely lacking in knowledge of the national landscape.

He's no Gary Dolphin, but even close. But he could be better at what he does.
Lol Ironside is the least of our worries, imo. Isn’t he color commentary? I like hearing him get worked up and he doesn’t come off like a total homer, imo.

Lol Ironside is the least of our worries, imo. Isn’t he color commentary? I like hearing him get worked up and he doesn’t come off like a total homer, imo.
Worry, no.

Take his word as gospel like some, no way!

Reactions: tigerguy_
Well, OK. But that’s a far cry from giving him the boot or wanting him gone, eh?
I don't want him gone, but I think all of it is fair criticism. He's definitely gotten lazier over the past few years.

Personally, I wouldn't object hearing Marinelli, Moody, or Young get some occasional air time.

I agree. Calls it the way he sees it and has objectivity. Need more of that in today’s world.

Reactions: el dub
Jfc get the best guys you can every year and let best man win
Plus, wasn’t Caliendo kind of a package deal with Franek? Of course we should have brought him in if would help convince Franek to come. PK gets better or Caliendo gets better. Either way, bringing in Caliendo makes Iowa better (not that the OP was against it).

Reactions: oldhawk56 and foxb
All you Ferrari defenders are the same people that vote blue
And that's what you get for stereotyping. I am not a Ferrari defender. Unlike some people (not pointing fingers) I try to look at things in an unbiased manner, which means I don't criticize for a charge one was never convicted for, nor do I absolutely lose my shit for a 19-year-old passing in a no-passing zone (like none of us have ever done that). His incident just happened to result in a crash where many of us survived mostly without incident the stupid driving shit we did as teenagers. Also, I'm a lifetime military man and as such have always voted Republican due to Republican's stance on Defense spending.

So would it safe for me to say you non-Ferrari defenders are...what?? No, it's not safe to say that because whatever "that" is probably wouldn't be true.

Plus, wasn’t Caliendo kind of a package deal with Franek? Of course we should have brought him in if would help convince Franek to come. PK gets better or Caliendo gets better. Either way, bringing in Caliendo makes Iowa better (not that the OP was against it).
Caliendo IS better. He’s quicker and slicker.

GA should be the guy at 174.

Not sure about 197….

This take is a no Brainer
And that's what you get for stereotyping. I am not a Ferrari defender. Unlike some people (not pointing fingers) I try to look at things in an unbiased manner, which means I don't criticize for a charge one was never convicted for, nor do I absolutely lose my shit for a 19-year-old passing in a no-passing zone (like none of us have ever done that). His incident just happened to result in a crash where many of us survived mostly without incident the stupid driving shit we did as teenagers. Also, I'm a lifetime military man and as such have always voted Republican due to Republican's stance on Defense spending.

So would it safe for me to say you non-Ferrari defenders are...what?? No, it's not safe to say that because whatever "that" is probably wouldn't be true.
Sheesh…. I’m needing a flow chart to keep up. I think you’re wasting your breath, Nashville…

Reactions: sabula
Hey Nash I think someone hacked your account…..I’ve always thought you were one of the most reasonable posters on this page but some of your recent comments have me questioning that
My friend, I haven't changed. I just can't sit here and bash three Ferrari's for the dumbshit actions of one, and while I completely get that AJ is an absolute dick (no question there), I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon with some of the hatred for a sexual assault crime for which he was never convicted, nor am I going to lose my shit because he passed in a no-passing zone. His idiot driving resulted in a serious accident...got it. But we all did dumbshit driving as teenagers, at least most of us. So in the end do I think AJ should be on the team? I don't know...that's up to the coaching staff. But do I think the other two should pay for AJ being a dipshit? Absolutely not. Also, I did make some statements based on what was shown on BTN+ vice what you all saw first hand at the venue. Much of what you saw wasn't shown on the BTN broadcast (the double fingers split maneuver, etc.). BLUF: Haven't changed, still think I'm pretty normal, and still think I have pretty strong values, morals, etc. At the end of the day I'm good with whatever the coaching staff decides...they've got much better info to work with than most of us. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT