ADVERTISEMENT

“...Times have changed. No knock on Nebraska's program but it's not the same as when dad played."

Lol whatever. We will be back one day winning the titles that you never have. lol have fun hoks because we are coming back for the top

Lol whatever. We will be back one day winning the titles that you never have. lol have fun hoks because we are coming back for the top
DHhPwjmXgAAV3dr.jpg

No you won’t. Ever. The sooner you realize this isn’t 1980 something and that in modern day football, there are about 9-10 teams each year that have an actual chance at national championships. And those programs have infinite advantages over those not in that group. Nebby is not even close. If only the ncaa would allow 150 scholarships, no admittance rules and Tom Osborne to find the fountain of youth.

BigRichGBR usage of Lols is unusual if I had to say it almost sounds like an old timer(Hawk Fan) trying to troll terribly to create drama? Idk just weird...

Its true and unbelievable at the same time. Their emotionally unstable fans have ran the program for too long.

This. Seems the harder the fans & media press, the worse it gets for them. I don't see them letting off the clutch anytime soon in that regard.

This. Seems the harder the fans & media press, the worse it gets for them. I don't see them letting off the clutch anytime soon in that regard.

They blame Mike Riley but the dude won 9 games in year 2 with players who were still loyal to Bo. Had a good recruiting class coming in for the second year in a row. Fans force him to fire his DC - they change schemes and I don’t care if you are Nick Saban, if you change schemes that quickly you are setting the program back a full recruiting cycle. Fans force drastic emotionally charged decisions that have destroyed the program.

They blame Mike Riley but the dude won 9 games in year 2 with players who were still loyal to Bo. Had a good recruiting class coming in for the second year in a row. Fans force him to fire his DC - they change schemes and I don’t care if you are Nick Saban, if you change schemes that quickly you are setting the program back a full recruiting cycle. Fans force drastic emotionally charged decisions that have destroyed the program.

Great point. When you change schemes unless you have top tier talent in place it's tough to see success right away. Saw Michigan struggle with Rich Rod's switch to his offensive scheme from what Carr ran. GT it will take a few years to dig out of the triple option offense. When Nebby went to 3-4 they didn't have DL talent or personnel depth to be successful in year one.

As for year 2 I find it funny how it is spun multiple ways with Frost. He was the man for what he did at UCF in year 2 with former coaches players. However last season it's Riley's fault for year 2 results as we saw by his players thrown under the bus. Yet with Riley's 2nd season 9 win success was only due to having Pelini's guys even though 1st and 3rd season it was all on Riley for their abysmal records...

Like everyone else who's failing, it's always the previous regimes fault(ISU bball program, still blaming Fred after all these years).... That's all they ever have because they don't want to admit their program is trash AF

It's weird, in that the media and the fans don't really "press" the current coach like they would be at other schools. The only time the local media started being unfavorable toward Riley is when he was gone, all of a sudden there were "whispers that his methods wouldn't work" at Nebraska. But when he was actually the coach, they were always winning the off-season, nothing critical is ever said when people can see it with their own eyes. The same thing is happening, even more pronounced, now that Frost is the coach. No one would dare say that the savior has made any coaching mistakes so far. Everything is someone else's responsibility. Allowing Frost in his first year to get away with his nonsense about complaining about how undisciplined his team acted was ridiculous. I don't care if the entire roster wasn't recruited by you, by the time you get to the first game any undisciplined players and actions on the sidelines are 100% your responsibility. You are the coach. If guys are undisciplined, don't play them or remove them from your program. Your fans will back you even if you lose, they will understand it takes time to weed out. But he gets away with stupid comments about guys being dressed inappropriately on the sidelines or being undisciplined in games. Hey, coach, that is YOUR JOB. If you don't like what injured players are wearing on the sidelines, have them change.

Or his comments last year after the Iowa game that they gave up the long return to ISM because he didn't have time to go give instructions to the kickoff team as he was calling plays or whatever. A) you have failed as a coach if your special teams coach can't deliver the message on how to handle a kickoff and b) the fact no one in the Nebraska media calls BS on these shenanigans doesn't help Frost. It enables him. Frost has done nothing at Nebraska to deserve such unquestioning of his methods or outcomes. I do believe he is a good coach, but he's human like anyone and taking over Nebraska is unlike any other job he's had. He's making mistakes, which is not surprising. But he's not having anyone be anywhere remotely critical.

Kids weren't alive when Nebraska won 9+ games from 2008-2014?? That's 7 straight seasons, 4 of them in the B10. Kirk Ferentz hasn't done that at Iowa in the 20 seasons he has been there. Good try though

Kids weren't alive when Nebraska won 9+ games from 2008-2014?? That's 7 straight seasons, 4 of them in the B10. Kirk Ferentz hasn't done that at Iowa in the 20 seasons he has been there. Good try though
You Huskers fans love talking out both sides of your mouth don't you? I thought any team not playing in the National Championship was mediocre/bad? Isn't that why you guys canned your coach after that 7 year run and led to the program being the dumpster fire it is today?

A stretch where 1 year you were ranked better than 20th? Damn dude, you guys are impressive!!

Bragging about that just goes to show where you are as a program....

Reactions: Razorhawk2
You Huskers fans love talking out both sides of your mouth don't you? I thought any team not playing in the National Championship was mediocre/bad? Isn't that why you guys canned your coach after that 7 year run and led to the program being the dumpster fire it is today?
9 wins is mediocre if you're Iowa...it's big time if you're braska....

Please wear that 90s Cornhusker Starter jacket when Nebraska has this return to glory. Thanks dawg.

And probably having a bad day... all frustrated that his VHS player went on the blink while watching a husker's 90s tape. Oh well, maybe he can play one of his many Larry the cable guy cassette tapes and feel better.

How’s that helping Nebraska now? Same as the good years in the 80’s and 90’s, recruits don’t care about those years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT