ADVERTISEMENT

“Cloth Masks aren’t very effective.”

He's not always wrong. But, he believes he is always right. And, he is absolutely awful at making anything better. He's also mired in political partisanship... I mean, like, buried in it.
Maybe more specific, wrong on the topics I discuss with him. And completely in the tank on politics is correct.

Maybe more specific, wrong on the topics I discuss with him. And completely in the tank on politics is correct.
And, because he makes more new enemies, and even stronger long-time enemies, to the alleged causes on which he insists he has superior knowledge, he does those causes far more harm than good. He converts no one NEW. He pushes people on-the-fence away from it, because of his smugness about the issue. And, those opposing him only dig-in deeper. If he weren't so obsessed with the appearance of being right, he'd accomplish more. Everything is political for him. That's NOT a good place to be.

A good scientist is humble and accepts when they're wrong, so they can correct the mistake. It's important for the general public to realize that they are people, and they're not infallible. But, I do believe they are usually doing the very best they can.

Also, in the 1918 Spanish Flu video I offered earlier, the keynote speaker talks abundantly about how politics is a poison to helping overcome pandemics.

And, because he makes more new enemies, and even stronger long-time enemies, to the alleged causes on which he insists he has superior knowledge, he does those causes far more harm than good. He converts no one NEW. He pushes people on-the-fence away from it, because of his smugness about the issue. And, those opposing him only dig-in deeper. If he weren't so obsessed with the appearance of being right, he'd accomplish more. Everything is political for him. That's NOT a good place to be.

A good scientist is humble and accepts when they're wrong, so they can correct the mistake. It's important for the general public to realize that they are people, and they're not infallible. But, I do believe they are usually doing the very best they can.

Also, in the 1918 Spanish Flu video I offered earlier, the keynote speaker talks abundantly about how politics is a poison to helping overcome pandemics.
This is a very good perspective. Well done.

Reactions: haw-key
Yeah they were TOLD to do it
The hospital administrators and experts are mandating it.

So, head on over to your local Children's Hospital and ask them why.
Wear no mask and throw a tantrum over all the "theater" there. Let us know how that turns out for you.

They didn't have the TYPES of fabrics we have today to get a better mask fit.

You could certainly look that up and learn it yourself, but that seems to be beyond your intellectual capability.
It's cloth dude, no matter the layering. Didn't work then and doesn't work now. Your argument about the material is utterly stupid even for you.

The hospital administrators and experts are mandating it.

So, head on over to your local Children's Hospital and ask them why.
Wear no mask and throw a tantrum over all the "theater" there. Let us know how that turns out for you.
Who the fvck said I needed to head over there bonehead? I don't care who mandated it. It's not based on science.

Who the fvck said I needed to head over there bonehead? I don't care who mandated it. It's not based on science.

Then head on over there and tell them their policy is "not based on science" and that "you know more than they do based on your Facebook research"

Yep

1918 we had no such thing as "elastic" and "spandex"

That means your masks were tied on with cotton ties, and the fit around your face would have been much less snug than with most anything you have today.

They also mainly used single layer stuff; CDC recommends multi-layer masks, in case you weren't aware.
They weren't bedazzled with BTS and Billie Eilish or Pittsburgh Steelers logos either. They also don't protect against aerosol viruses like Covid and influenza.

N95 or it's basically useless.

Without any elastic to hold the mask to your face (only cotton ties, remember), they were arguably MUCH less effective than what you can buy today.
Arguably is precisely what's happening and you keep arguing a lost argument.

Again, that is simply NOT true.

The links posted by your buddy stated outright that you'd get 5-10 minutes LONGER in an area with a mask than without. Not "0".

No one is claiming that is "perfect protection", but it is not "Zero Protection".

No one has said you get zero protection.
But, 5-10 minutes of protection is not substantial, and is virtually worthless in nearly every application where they currently being used.
That has always been the case. Not making any substantial difference.

This is a new avenue for Joe and might be the funniest yet.

What, you quoting the guy who literally stated that masks will buy you an extra 5-10 minutes in some conditions?

Were you unaware how elastic can hold masks around your face for better coverage? It's literally how nearly all medical masks are made nowadays, and an integral part of an N95 construction.

You guys are bafflingly stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk

Still wondering about the time slots for the previous claims.

But, 5-10 minutes of protection is not substantial, and is virtually worthless in nearly every application where they currently being used.
That is not true at all. FFS

Reactions: Joes Place
Again, that is simply NOT true.

The links posted by your buddy stated outright that you'd get 5-10 minutes LONGER in an area with a mask than without. Not "0".

No one is claiming that is "perfect protection", but it is not "Zero Protection".
No one is denying that they might buy you 5 minutes out of an hour-and-a-half. You gotta love those odds! And, that's not guaranteed. It's aerosol virus. If you can smell cigarette smoke through it, then SARS-Cov-2 is penetrating the mask, too! Especially this Delta version!

It's amazing. I dunno what's worse; Me arguing with him over this 5 minutes of arbitrary time in an arbitrary location. Or, him arguing the fvcking thing. It is entertaining watching him insist that cotton fibers in 1918 were inferior to 2021. If anything, the ones made in 1918 would probably last longer!

The composition of N-95 respirator masks are very different. That's why they're more effective.That's why Osterholm, and others, make it a point to clarify that they're the only masks that really provide protection. But, 99% of people haven't been wearing N-95 fitted respirator masks. But, that .01% that do wear them are a little better off, but even those aren't infallible.

It's amazing. I dunno what's worse; Me arguing with him over this 5 minutes of arbitrary time in an arbitrary location. Or, him arguing the fvcking thing. It is entertaining watching him insist that cotton fibers in 1918 were inferior to 2021. If anything, the ones made in 1918 would probably last longer!

The composition of N-95 respirator masks are very different. That's why they're more effective.That's why Osterholm, and others, make it a point to clarify that they're the only masks that really provide protection. But, 99% of people haven't been wearing N-95 fitted respirator masks. But, that .01% that do wear them are a little better off, but even those aren't infallible.
Lol at the notion that cloth masks from 1918 are the equivalent (or even better - BWAHAHAHAHA) that those manufactured today. You can't make this shit up.

Reactions: Joes Place
"Iran is in its 5th surge!"

You'd think after 5 surges, it would have infected most everyone!

Joe's epitaph is all over this interview!
Is this the one where he says cloth masks aren't as good as N95 but he's still a proponent of masks in schools or is it the one where he says cloth masks aren't as good as N95 but he's still a proponent of masks in schools? I mean, he's said the same thing over and over and over again. Lol

Lol ??? You're very defensive. Wonder why. Lol
Defensive?

giphy.gif

Is this the one where he says cloth masks aren't as good as N95 but he's still a proponent of masks in schools or is it the one where he says cloth masks aren't as good as N95 but he's still a proponent of masks in schools? I mean, he's said the same thing over and over and over again. Lol

WCCO radio announced that “Coronavirus expert Dr. Osterholm questions guidelines on cloth masks, says they don’t stand up to virus’ air assault”, quoting Osterholm as saying “Cloth masks, I think… have little impact, if any.” In another WCCO appearance he stated that “the Minneapolis mask mandate could do more harm than good”. The Cape Charles Mirror stated “You realize, the stupid masks you wear to the store don’t do anything, right”, quoting Osterholm: “If you want to wear a cloth mask, use it. Know that I don’t believe, or none of my colleagues, that this is going to have a major positive impact.”

WCCO radio announced that “Coronavirus expert Dr. Osterholm questions guidelines on cloth masks, says they don’t stand up to virus’ air assault”, quoting Osterholm as saying “Cloth masks, I think… have little impact, if any.” In another WCCO appearance he stated that “the Minneapolis mask mandate could do more harm than good”. The Cape Charles Mirror stated “You realize, the stupid masks you wear to the store don’t do anything, right”, quoting Osterholm: “If you want to wear a cloth mask, use it. Know that I don’t believe, or none of my colleagues, that this is going to have a major positive impact.”
And, when you really get down to it... fvck the masks! GET VACCINATED!!! The ideal situation is NO MASKS. If we're all vaccinated, we don't need an N95 or any other mask.

Freaking idiot. You believe you have the knowledge and expertise to contradict health and infectious disease experts.

You belong in the pool of bozos and wingnut ding dongs.
There are lots of people in medicine that don’t agree with Fauci and Walensky.

Perhaps you lack the ability to understand my point. I’m massively pro vaccine.

Masks etc are a waste of time. Except perhaps in the case you are wearing it because
1) you can’t be immunized due to another health condition
2) you are protecting yourself while awaiting the vaccination and post vaccination period for efficacy to be established.

But if you are vaccinated or if you intend not to ever be vaccinated then it’s a waste of time. And yes for kids the net negatives outweigh the possible positives. IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT