ADVERTISEMENT

“What kind of speed do you have young man”

What's crazy about KJ2 is that it doesn't even look like he's running at full speed in his breakaways........

That just speaks to both how fast this kid is, and how good he could be down the road.
He’s fast especially after he gets past the first wave of defenders then he f’ing has afterburners with nuclear power and his long strides are Henry look a like - reminds me a lot of Melvin the Traitor Gordon too

I have got to imagine Gavin Williams is thinking of going elsewhere. I just don't see him getting reps from here on out.
Both Williams backs I think are gonna transfer out! Patterson and Johnson are both high level and better.

What's crazy about KJ2 is that it doesn't even look like he's running at full speed in his breakaways........

That just speaks to both how fast this kid is, and how good he could be down the road.
I’ve thought the same thing. He doesn’t look like he’s running that fast even as he pulls away from tacklers who have the angle. Lol. I think it’s because he is so smooth with not a lot of body motion as he runs. Very impressive kid!

When was the last time Iowa only played one back??
I mean Iowa has never really only played one RB like they do with their QBs (thankfully), but there's been a handful of instances where we've had featured backs get more than 75% of the carries.

Shonn Greene is a fairly recent example, and Albert Young before him.

They both had guys to spell them (Hampton, Sims etc), but the bulk of the carries went to those guys.

Reactions: nu2u
I mean Iowa has never really only played one RB like they do with their QBs (thankfully), but there's been a handful of instances where we've had featured backs get more than 75% of the carries.

They both had guys to spell them (Hampton, Sims etc), but the bulk of the carries went to those guys.
Right. Iowa will typically have 35-45 run plays per game, depending on game circumstances. The memorable RBs you mentioned (Coker also comes to mind) were high volume but other RBs contributed at least 5-10 runs, or more. It often came down to opponent and/or score.

I am not sure I would call 14 years ago “recent”. Time flies.

I too was thinking this, it seemed he was just trotting but was still pulling away from the defenders. He's going to be a great one
Seriously? I assume you chose "trotting" as a description for effect only.

Johnson's movement is very efficient with compact steps, he does not overstride. The efficiency generates quick steps. He was picking them up and puting them down quickly - basically the opposite of trotting. The shorter sstrides present an illusion that he is not running at top end speed.

I've worked with middle distance track athletes who had a similar compact and pwerful stride and it was always eimpressive to watch them keep pace with the long striders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT