ADVERTISEMENT

⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ World Cup Games Thread ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️

hell-yeah-dancing-baby-20azdcmejx1myrb7.gif

If you missed the trophy ceremony, it has been fittingly nutso too. Martinez put the Golden Glove trophy for best 'keeper on his junk, and we got a topless Argentinian female fan (Twitter is your friend).
Yeah, the Golden Glove stunt isn't going over as well as Martinez probably hoped it would.

The Final of Finals. It’ll be tough to see this one topped as an all-timer.

The debate of the century (Messi vs Ronaldo) seems settled. I find it hard to add a “yeah, but…” to Messi as GOAT. A part of me wants to see him retire today because it can’t get any more perfect. Today it just feels like every other player in history has a glaring deficiency that he doesn’t.

The Final of Finals. It’ll be tough to see this one topped as an all-timer.

The debate of the century (Messi vs Ronaldo) seems settled. I find it hard to add a “yeah, but…” to Messi as GOAT. A part of me wants to see him retire today because it can’t get any more perfect. Today it just feels like every other player in history has a glaring deficiency that he doesn’t.
Are you talking the OG Ronaldo or Cristiano Ronaldo?

“Soccer is so boring”
Yeah, definitely helpful that it didn't end in a 2-2 tie. That was a great match and later rounds were definitely better but let's not act like that was typical of the tournament, soccer would be more popular in the US if that happened more often.

It's kind of funny that it's only the soccer nuts calling it the greatest sporting event ever but soccer fans are about as objective about their sport as wrestling fans. Still an enjoyable WC, hopefully the US can make quarterfinals next time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT