ADVERTISEMENT

No thread on Israel blowing up World Central Kitchen caravan?

No, it’s exactly like they don’t care who they kill. Netanyahu won’t be happy until they’re all dead. It also shoves his legal problems into the background. All that he is accomplishing is creating more Hamas fighters.

You think 70% women and children shows that they're being careful and moral?
Ok.
It’s complicated. No, I don’t think that it shows it. But I also don’t think it shows that they are not.

Hamas to blame for civilian deaths.

Ummm...whut? Your line of posting would appear to show that YOU trust the "Oops" story they're selling unless that's all been sarcasm.
Do I think they purposely targeted a humanitarian NGO?

No.

Do I think they give zero f—-ks about collateral damage?

Absolutely.

Which is why I’d never trust their assurances that ANYWHERE inside Gaza is safe.

Dude, it's a war zone. Oh, and be sure not to forget those words "messy" and "imperfectly executed." It's the nature of the beast. Its purpose is not to provide opportunities for relief organizations. Rather, those organizations do their work in spite of its purpose, and with full awareness of the risks. Shit does, in fact, happen.

This is not WCK's fault, and frankly, it hits me hard because I've personally seen Andres speak about this particular labor of love. Sadly, serving meals following natural disasters is not quite the same as serving meals in a war zone. By the preliminary sound of things, it sounds like it's probably the fault of someone specifically identifiable, who made a specifically identifiable **** up. But that "fault" shouldn't be confused with any suggestion that the Israelis were somehow trying to knock off WCK. To the contrary, Israel had very much welcomed WCK as an alternative to UNRWA and, of course, Hamas itself.
They've repeatedly identified safe zones for civilians and then bombed those same areas after civilians moved there. Once is an accident. Twice is a fvck-up. When there's a pattern...you have to ask harder questions.

Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
Do I think they purposely targeted a humanitarian NGO?

No.

Do I think they give zero f—-ks about collateral damage?

Absolutely.

Which is why I’d never trust their assurances that ANYWHERE inside Gaza is safe.
Then they shouldn't give ANY assurances. They funnel people into areas that they then attack. That's more than not GAF.

Reactions: BelemNole
They've repeatedly identified safe zones for civilians and then bombed those same areas after civilians moved there. Once is an accident. Twice is a fvck-up. When there's a pattern...you have to ask harder questions.
Sure, I have no problem with that, though I continue to be highly skeptical of purposeful targeting notwithstanding that jose himself appears to have grown a pair on the issue. (And as to the broader point, bad guys do in fact tend to move around). But neither of us has much real insight on that one way or another, beyond either paranoia or naivety.

I suppose we could all agree that it would be nice if this unfortunate incident led to a more stable and predictable path for aid distribution to noncombatant civvies, while the military types can do their dirty work against the combatants.

Reactions: torbee
Sure, I have no problem with that, though I continue to be highly skeptical of purposeful targeting notwithstanding that jose himself appears to have grown a pair on the issue. (And as to the broader point, bad guys do in fact tend to move around). But neither of us has much real insight on that one way or another, beyond either paranoia or naivety.

I suppose we could all agree that it would be nice if this unfortunate incident led to a more stable and predictable path for aid distribution to noncombatant civvies, while the military types can do their dirty work against the combatants.
It doesn't have to be purposeful to be "purposeful". Just prevent your right hand from communicating with your left hand. If we can be incensed by Putin targeting civilian areas in Ukraine, Israel shouldn't get a pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT