ADVERTISEMENT

#11 Xavier BEATS #2 Arizona!! Ends game on 12-2 run; 6 yrs since an 11 seed made Final 4

how long have they been reviewing?????

Its the worst call they have to make "inadvertent whistle" No ref wants that to be the call!

These refs have done a GREAT JOB this game. Just sucks the announcer doesn't know the rules and is arguing and making a scene about it.

Its the worst call they have to make "inadvertent whistle" No ref wants that to be the call!

These refs have done a GREAT JOB this game. Just sucks the announcer doesn't know the rules and is arguing and making a scene about it.
Explain please. I still dont underatand why it took so long? Thanks.

My bracket says thanks Gonzaga

Baylor win tomorrow, UCLA tomorrow, and Oregon. Yes I was rooting for them to lose for Michigan but I'll take it anyways

Damn that looked like Fran McCaffery end of game situation. Damn no one even moved at all. They all stood around.

Have to have a PG that can take control and run a "set" play. The entire team just stood there or screened. Damn that sucks for WVU.

Could this be the year for Mark Few???? To final get to the final 4 or possible NC game?

Explain please. I still dont underatand why it took so long? Thanks.

Well because it was a live ball and the ref stopped it. It just looks bad for the covering official. No one wants to be associated with blowing the whistle and stopping a play for nothing.

I though it was bang bang, but he stopped it. So now he has to live the with fact he blew an inadvertent whistle in a BIG game.

Every time i switch to Zags WVU its just awful.

The amount of contact and reach ins these reffs are allowing is beyond belief. It looks like Pacers Knicks cicra mid 90s.

Wvu fouls a dozen times every possession, then Ganzaga caught on and realized reffs were going to allow it both ways.

You cannot body bump that way its a foul.

A disgusting display of what basketball should not be allowed to turn into.

Gonzaga just won an absolute war of a basketball game. WVU puts you through the ringer, that's for sure.

Those were two tough-as-nails teams who went at it for 40 minutes.

This is why I love college basketball.

Every time i switch to Zags WVU its just awful.

The amount of contact and reach ins these reffs are allowing is beyond belief. It looks like Pacers Knicks cicra mid 90s.

Wvu fouls a dozen times every possession, then Ganzaga caught on and realized reffs were going to allow it both ways.

You cannot body bump that way its a foul.

A disgusting display of what basketball should not be allowed to turn into.
To each his own. WVU plays so hard, and a lot of the physicality becomes the offense reacting to pressure and looking to create contact to create space. I've watched many Huggins WVU teams in person, and they play so hard and are so technically and fundamentally sound with their on- and off-ball defense that they do end up getting away with some stuff. But usually their games are reffed fairly evenly.

Not an easy team to ref, without question.

Reactions: DavenportHawk8
To each his own. WVU plays so hard, and a lot of the physicality becomes the offense reacting to pressure and looking to create contact to create space. I've watched many Huggins WVU teams in person, and they play so hard and are so technically and fundamentally sound with their on- and off-ball defense that they do end up getting away with some stuff. But usually their games are reffed fairly evenly.

I like watching WVU and I like their style of defense. Its grabby, but hey you play as long as the refs let you. Make the refs decide what they are going to call. I love it that Huggy isn't scared to foul out guys and plays them on the edge.

Well because it was a live ball and the ref stopped it. It just looks bad for the covering official. No one wants to be associated with blowing the whistle and stopping a play for nothing.

I though it was bang bang, but he stopped it. So now he has to live the with fact he blew an inadvertent whistle in a BIG game.

That is what I thought u meant but wasnt sure. Thanks.

I dont like body bumping and slapping arms because its a foul.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT