ADVERTISEMENT

That’s my concern. How much will getting a competent transfer even help? Maybe 2-2 and 4 team points at nationals?
Agree with this. We're better off saving our money for a bona fide stud at another weight than shelling out money for a serviceable transfer at 133. That's always true for any weight, but particularly for 133 next year. Unless it's Fix, we're paying for a couple of NCAA points. Get the next Spencer Lee or Dayton Fix and stop obsessing over R12-type guys.

Agree with this. We're better off saving our money for a bona fide stud at another weight than shelling out money for a serviceable transfer at 133. That's always true for any weight, but particularly for 133 next year. Unless it's Fix, we're paying for a couple of NCAA points. Get the next Spencer Lee or Dayton Fix and stop obsessing over R12-type guys.
These R12 guys at 33, 74, and 84 are gonna get this team to 150 next year.

Reactions: winwithhumility
how about kaid brock? he maybe the lone guy out with fix coming in. you got picinnini, fix, brock, gfeller, lewallen that's 5 guys to fit in at 125-149. but also heard brock maybe looking at ohio state.

Agree 100%. If we find an athlete like Wilson who is very cheap go for it. Otherwise find one superstud. Only have Stoll and Bowman money. Spend it wisely and ignore all the complaints that we didn't get 8 lower level recruits who were all three time state champions but never beat a top level kid.

how about kaid brock? he maybe the lone guy out with fix coming in. you got picinnini, fix, brock, gfeller, lewallen that's 5 guys to fit in at 125-149. but also heard brock maybe looking at ohio state.

Brock is not looking at ohio st. They can all fit if Lewallen goes 157. I'd be shocked to see Smith below 165.

Where's this guy you speak of hiding? And how do you know how much a transfer will cost?

Our 133 pounder was under .500 and didn't qualify for Nationals and we have people who doing think we should even try to upgrade. That's craziness.

Reactions: MVPFAN and Dagboi
Brock is not looking at ohio st. They can all fit if Lewallen goes 157. I'd be shocked to see Smith below 165.

Brock has only spent 3 years in school so a grad transfer situation is unlikely. No chance Smith releases him to Ohio State or Iowa.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Obviously spending a substantial amount for little to no upgrade is not wise, that said if they can get someone in here for the following I am for it:

1. We actually hit a home run on a younger blue chip type = worth some investment.
2. Little to no investment guy with possible upside.
3. Grad transfer or who you think will be better than status quo who you can invest in because they will be gone right away to free up the money.

5 points compared to nothing could be big if you found someone who could score that.

RE Todd Small, He just went up to 133 this year. I am not putting much stock in how he did at a couple early season tournaments getting used to a new weight. Glynn got smoked by a DIII guy early on. I don't know if Small is an upgrade or not but he has a lot more quickness and explosion to work with. He would be a low investment guy. Maybe J.Stick makes a leap going up a weight. I'm going to have to trust the coaches to make the right call.

Reactions: TarpHawk
wow....

inching ever closer to "ignore" territory
If a troll posts in the woods, and no-one is left that doesn't have him on "ignore" to hear it, did he really post?.....

5120d9b1-268a-4582-9c3a-fa88188833d6.jpeg

That’s my concern. How much will getting a competent transfer even help? Maybe 2-2 and 4 team points at nationals?
This was what happened to Ryan: He brings in Campbell at the loaded 165 and he nets 3 points and only that because of the crooked seeding that he did to get him those 3 points.

My thought is to try and see if Max can make it down. Forget the transfer.

This was what happened to Ryan: He brings in Campbell at the loaded 165 and he nets 3 points and only that because of the crooked seeding that he did to get him those 3 points.

The idea that Max is going down needs to be put aside. He’s a big 41 and won’t be making 33. Neither will Turk. As far as a transfer goes we got zero points at 33 this year so hopefully Glynn improves or we do get a transfer that will not only enable us to improve as a duel time but also possibly at least place in the 6th-8th spot. Which could yield 5-9 points we currently can’t count on.

Ryan is in charge of seeding? Those 3 points were supposed to be big for them. And nevermind they have him for another year.

However, Mizzou, with Eierman moving up to 49 to make room?

I doubt he gets released to anyone that's a factor at the NCAAs.

The idea that Max is going down needs to be put aside. He’s a big 41 and won’t be making 33. Neither will Turk. As far as a transfer goes we got zero points at 33 this year so hopefully Glynn improves or we do get a transfer that will not only enable us to improve as a duel time but also possibly at least place in the 6th-8th spot. Which could yield 5-9 points we currently can’t count on.

What kind of metamorphosis did Murin go through since late December? He was very small at Midlands and now he's apparently huge? Why the heck couldn't this have happened to Kaleb Young between March and November last year?

Ryan is in charge of seeding?

Those 3 points were supposed to be big for them. And nevermind they have him for another year.

What kind of metamorphosis did Murin go through since late December? He was very small at Midlands and now he's apparently huge? Why the heck couldn't this have happened to Kaleb Young between March and November last year?
Ryan was on the seeding committee. And Nolf-Kemerer just “happened” to meet up in the quarters. I’m suuuuuuure he had no part in that.

Ryan is in charge of seeding? Those 3 points were supposed to be big for them. And nevermind they have him for another year.

Murin has looked like a pretty good sized 141, not sure what you've seen lately.

Last I saw him on the mat was Midlands where he appeared smaller than most opponents. He weighed in as light as 138 around that time. So again I ask whats been happening to get him so big in 3 months?
I was at Midlands as well and agree he was a small 41.

It's a committee though. Everyone else just let him decide?

He should not be on the committee, it's a conflict of interest. Tom and Terry aren't on it, Cael isn't on it, Smith isn't on it.

And yes, you better believe that Nolf/Kem thing wasn't an accident. That was all over every message board in the nation other than "The Mat"(which is a joke), how much of a travesty that was. 3 vs 6 with by far the best two wrestlers in the nation at the weight. His boy set up in LeValle's bracket and of course Levalle lost long before that. Then after the quarters, his boy gets pummelled by Jason and basically taps out from there on in. And it didn't end there, he had his 149 pounder set up to walk into the semi's, it was a fluke he lost there and then by another fluke got Sorenson. He had Campbell seeded after he lost 8 of his last 9 matches. He set Bojo up so he wouldn't see Valencia or Hall until the semi's when he should have been an 8. They had Moore over Darmstadt. Half of his wrestlers were put into the best possible positions they could have been in.

Last I saw him on the mat was Midlands where he appeared smaller than most opponents. He weighed in as light as 138 around that time. So again I ask whats been happening to get him so big in 3 months?
Has looked pretty good sized lately. What's been happening? I'd say it might be a thing they call weight gain. Happens to a lot of people. Very prevalent in athletes fresh out of high school on a strength program with a still growing body.

Has looked pretty good sized lately. What's been happening? I'd say it might be a thing they call weight gain. Happens to a lot of people. Very prevalent in athletes fresh out of high school on a strength program with a still growing body.

So we have that rare guy on our roster in Young that can't possibly gain 10 lbs in 8 months AND that rare guy on our roster that goes from undersized to oversized in 3 months. I'm not saying neither is impossible but call me a skeptic.

So we have that rare guy on our roster in Young that can't possibly gain 10 lbs in 8 months AND that rare guy on our roster that goes from undersized to oversized in 3 months. I'm not saying neither is impossible but call me a skeptic.
All I can tell you is that Max did try and did get down under 141 but the next day or two was way over again. He told me just couldn’t make it work and coaches also said no way.

I'd say not going 133. The guys who can cut down like that have a certain kind of lanky frame like Gross. Murin does not have that build.
Turk appears to have that kind of lanky frame and wiry strength, and a game built on quickness and explosiveness, rather than brute force.....why don't we hear more talk of him making a cut to 133?

Turk appears to have that kind of lanky frame and wiry strength, and a game built on quickness and explosiveness, rather than brute force.....why don't we hear more talk of him making a cut to 133?

I’ve seen some suggesting it would be better for him to move up and he could challenge Lugo. I just don’t see that happening, I see more of what you see and think he has the best body type to be able to go down.

Reactions: Dagboi
I’ve seen some suggesting it would be better for him to move up and he could challenge Lugo. I just don’t see that happening, I see more of what you see and think he has the best body type to be able to go down.
Tom did say yesterday that Turk struggled a little to "keep his weight under control" this season, even though "nobody puts healthier food in his body than Turk." Sounds like some growing pains in his first full season with figuring out his weight and energy balance. Might make it harder.

But dammit, if Matt McDonough can suck down to 125 'till the cows come home, one of these boys has to be able to get down to 33! Just make 'em move in with McD and have him cook for 'em all summer.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Young stayed down to wrestle 165 while marinelli sat out. Durrrr....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT