ADVERTISEMENT

149 Next year

WEH8ST8HAWK

HR All-American
Jan 31, 2004
Rathjen obviously is the starter. Block, Cobe Siebrecht, Voinovich and Anthony Ferrari will be here also. Whomever comes out of this group should AA if they are 100% healthy at the end of the year.....

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Rathjen is the exact wrestler hawks do not need to contend again. Might knock a few off during the year, ceiling looks way too low. A maybe rd12/AA type. No thanks
Rathjen does have some of the qualities we are usually missing in being a longer frame and some scramble ability but based on other posters his off the mat dedication has not been up to snuff. If he was bought in, hit the weights and could stay healthy he could potentially do something but that's a lot of ifs. I agree high AA doesn't seem likely and that is what is needed.

Yea, because he looked 100% since the Wisconsin match. He is actually a wrestler on the team that as some athleticism and when healthy gets on his offense. He definitely needs improvement but to give up on a guy and say he can’t improve is crazy.

Reactions: wad57
Rathjen does have some of the qualities we are usually missing in being a longer frame and some scramble ability but based on other posters his off the mat dedication has not been up to snuff. If he was bought in, hit the weights and could stay healthy he could potentially do something but that's a lot of ifs. I agree high AA doesn't seem likely and that is what is needed.
I wouldn't say Rathjen has good scrambling ability. In my mind his positives are length, gas tank, and decent leg attacks but struggles finishing them on AA type guys.

Just look at him physically compared to other wrestlers in the tourney. Gone are the days of guys built like him being able to funk your way to a top 5 finish. He's nowhere near strong enough or technically sound enough to be that guy for us. Unless he's going to have a Murin like transformation I'm not seeing it. Find a transfer.

Reactions: Libertylover
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT