ADVERTISEMENT

193 House Republicans vote no to lower costs of insulin

I'm sure the vote was "should we lower insulin prices or no?"

Lol

I'm sure the vote was "should we lower insulin prices or no?"

Lol
I would like to see the entire bill myself. Edit: It looks like 12 Republicans voted for it. That is quite a few in today's political climate. There were also other bipartisan and Republican bills in the works that also capped insulin at $35/month. Not sure what the actual hang up is.

Last edited:
There’s no real reason why insulin should be this expensive, except for the fact there are few manufacturers. That leads you to question why. Choice number 1 is that there are barriers to starting manufacture. If so, can the government address those barriers. Choice two is that pharmacy is artificially limiting supply so that prices can rise. Government should absolutely address that cause it’s illegal.

Reactions: Tom Paris
There’s no real reason why insulin should be this expensive, except for the fact there are few manufacturers. That leads you to question why. Choice number 1 is that there are barriers to starting manufacture. If so, can the government address those barriers. Choice two is that pharmacy is artificially limiting supply so that prices can rise. Government should absolutely address that cause it’s illegal.
South Korea has one of the best healthcare systems in the world. I never remember paying over 4 dollars for any prescription. Lots of American generics. I wish anyone that is concerned about a national healthcare system would visit the country and get treatment. It would be an eye opener.

South Korea has one of the best healthcare systems in the world. I never remember paying over 4 dollars for any prescription. Lots of American generics. I wish anyone that is concerned about a national healthcare system would visit the country and get treatment. It would be an eye opener.
And there top tax rate is 45%. My bride and I made 142000 last year. No subtle brag there, I’m a HROT pauper. Our tax rate, excluding payroll taxes, could double and we would save money from what we pay, and our employers pay, for health insurance.

I think you just made a point that you didn’t intend to make.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT