ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Iowa Volleyball

They didn't have a chance without Cali Hoye. She didn't make the Minnesota/Wisconsin road trip, gets 30 kills against Nwestern, and then doesn't make the Maryland road trip. WTH.

Plus Louis is no longer putting up the numbers she did earlier. I don't know if other teams are double/triple teaming her, or whether she just isn't getting set to for some other reason. Coyle has had a nice season, but she isn't enough.

Shymansky said they'd be looking at possible changes in the playing rotation this week in order get the best people on the court. Be interesting to see what happens.

Three straight tough five-set losses. Would be good to see a nice crowd for senior night.

Big Ten gets seven into the NCAA Tournament, and Maryland just missed being one of the first four left out.

2. Minnesota
3. Illinois
6. Wisconsin
7. Nebraska
8. Penn State
Michigan
Purdue

Big Ten gets five of the top 10 national seeds

Iowa needs height. Badly. One of the Busserios is supposed to be 6'5". I think some of these measurements are inflated. Iowa plays with heart but needs some taller girls to block and go for easy kills. Also, passing compared to prior Iowa Volleyball teams seems very poor so set plays get executed poorly.

Iowa needs height. Badly. One of the Busserios is supposed to be 6'5". I think some of these measurements are inflated. Iowa plays with heart but needs some taller girls to block and go for easy kills. Also, passing compared to prior Iowa Volleyball teams seems very poor so set plays get executed poorly.
I thought passing in general was very good. But you are right about height. I think Courtney Buzzerio is genuinely 6'5", but she was just a Freshman. She could have given us a little extra block and perhaps offense from the setting position, but I have a feeling she's pretty far behind Orr otherwise.

I think the biggest thing this year was our young middles. The passing was there to go middle more often, but the trust wasn't. Our outsides were much stronger, relatively. I think the middles made a lot of improvement throughout the year though!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT