ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Draft prospects

Wow! Those articles are almost as Long and thorough as a Homer post!

(Just messing with you, Homer)
Unfortunately for iowa I think Nate is Big Time & he may not be able to pass up leaving after this year.
He's ideal size, ideal arm, comes from an ideal offense & His immeasurables are better than ideal imo. Pocket presence, strength, toughness, demeanor (calm & cool) & leadership ability... a very team oriented, smart & likeable guy. IMO

Reactions: SLarew
Unfortunately for iowa I think Nate is Big Time & he may not be able to pass up leaving after this year.
He's ideal size, ideal arm, comes from an ideal offense & His immeasurables are better than ideal imo. Pocket presence, strength, toughness, demeanor (calm & cool) & leadership ability... a very team oriented, smart & likeable guy. IMO
Perfect big Ben replacement

I’d be fine with that because in order for the nfl to come calling and him be a high draft pick that’s means we will have had an amazing offensive year which means we probably win around 10 games.

I think this year he turns some heads and scouts take notice and if he can improve which most qbs haven’t done here he could be something special.

Amani Hookers' 2019 NFL draft stock could see a serious increase depending on what type of season he has. Don't rule that possibility out. I think Stan stays for his senior year, Alaric won't be leaving, as for Fant...He gone!

Anthony Nelson already has 2 solid years under his belt and they are solid. His resume after the 2018 season will likely be more than plenty for him to get NFL teams attention. He seems unlikely to leave early, but he will get a projection in the mock drafts.

Fant, Nelson go pro but if by some miracle they stay, what an incredible year '19 could be. Jackson should not leave this early maybe one more year.

Fant’s write up:

• I haven’t bounced this idea off an NFL insider or anything, but I feel pretty confident in writing that Noah Fant would have been the first TE off the board this spring had he been eligible. The 6-foot-5, 241-pound Fant is an athletic freak who set a pair of team positional records in spring testing with a 41.1-inch vertical jump and a 3.95-second short shuttle. Speed and strength are also strengths, if his tape is telling the truth, and we already know he has awesome hands. This matchup nightmare only really has questions about his blocking ability, an area Kirk Ferentz and crew will continue to work on. After hauling in 11 touchdown catches and leading the nation’s TEs with 16.5 yards per catch last year, Fant is about to embark on his national coming out party.

Fortunately for iowa I think Nate is Big Time & he may not be able to pass up leaving after this year.

FIFY.

Perfect big Ben replacement

In my opinion, the Big Ben comparisons can only really happen if Nate S. learns how to be a constant run threat. He doesnt need to be a Cam Newton, because he has a more accurate arm, but he needs to tuck and run for 5 or a random 12 to keep drives alive occasionally. KF has said himself this is a step N.S. needs/is taking.

Fant’s write up:

• I haven’t bounced this idea off an NFL insider or anything, but I feel pretty confident in writing that Noah Fant would have been the first TE off the board this spring had he been eligible. The 6-foot-5, 241-pound Fant is an athletic freak who set a pair of team positional records in spring testing with a 41.1-inch vertical jump and a 3.95-second short shuttle. Speed and strength are also strengths, if his tape is telling the truth, and we already know he has awesome hands. This matchup nightmare only really has questions about his blocking ability, an area Kirk Ferentz and crew will continue to work on. After hauling in 11 touchdown catches and leading the nation’s TEs with 16.5 yards per catch last year, Fant is about to embark on his national coming out party.
Personally I don't think he has awesome hands

If Iowa can have a really good season, who knows, maybe Fant, Jackson and Stanley come back if they think they could have a special season the following season.
I'll be shocked if Jackson goes after his redshirt soph year. He's a good tackle now, but he could potencially be a first rounder by 2020. We might lose two tackles in round one that year.......

Reactions: scotthawk1964
I was waiting for this post. I'll say he has good hands, but not awesome hands. He still has things to work on.
Agree...his pocket presence (6th sense feel for the pocket colllapsing) is terrible, and NS needs to learn it in order to either run, or throw the ball away. If the called play options breakdown after four seconds, it's time to improvise by scrambling. Beathard gets an "A" in this; Stanley a "D." Can this feel be taught, or is it an inherent trait?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT