ADVERTISEMENT

2019 RECRUITING...who fills out the class?

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
I've put together a list of recruits for the the 2019 class. These are players that I think we have a shot at.

How many do we take? What is the position break down? Any recruits I missed that we may have a realistic chance of adding to the class?

QB Max Duggan dual
RB Jirehl Brock, Sampson James, Cam Baker
OL Justin Britt
DL Jason Bargy, Marcus Hicks, Spencer Bono, Jalen Hunt, Mosai Newsom
LB Jack Campbell, Nick Henrich, Jack Kiser
DB Moses Douglass, Sebastian Castro, Kobe Myers
ATH Dashaun Brown

TE Chris Hickman

You can add Dallas Craddieth and Leonard Taylor to the mix as they are both visiting on the 8th of December along with that JUCO mlb.

Reactions: Tunadog
Sorry. You are correct. I saw “who fills out the class?” and failed to see the year. My bad.

the most color-filled post I've seen here. I was looking for a code chart. I wish I had some meaningful info to add other than my idiot Nebraska fan coffee buddy is claiming that Duggan is a strong Husker lean. I told him the Omaha LB has Iowa ties - in so many words he said it doesn't matter, if Nebraska wants him its a done deal. I said "just like Noah Fant huh?". He looked at me kind of hard then waited for words, he said: "that kid is a punk". I try to keep it light, I said "yeah, a 2TD punk". You've probably had this happen to you before - you tell someone something uncomfortably true and they respond with a half chuckle, half snarl. The chuckle is meant to persuade you that its no big deal but the snarl tells the truth. Well, that's what he did. This guy is uptight all things Nebrsaka football.

Lately its all Frost this, all Frost that. If Frost takes the job another titled is comin.. Hell Duggan might walk-on there just to be a part of Frostmania. I've had a couple Heinies so I apologize but Husker fans are going to be unbearable if they get him. I hope we get both those CB/Omaha guys.

Mr two cents:

Duggan's dad likes Iowa
We have a great shot at all three of those linebackers. Henrich's family are Hawks.
Baker is a nebby fan. If they don't offer we get him. Just a hunch tho.
We are in good shape with Britt and Newsom.
Hickman loves our offense and how we use the te's.
Brock likes Iowa a lot but the blue-bloods probably come calling.
No idea on Castro but I want...he's very good.

Some ISU fans with no inside information are optimistic about the chances with Duggan, primarily because he has made several unofficial visits and has a relationship going back numerous years with a member of the coaching staff.
FIFY

Yikes. Also saw a 247 article where Duggan talks about liking the youthful energy surrounding the ISU program. Said he thinks that's a good fit for him.
Something we are not selling here in IC.

We are really going after the tackles for 19. Joe Tippmann offered. 5.5 on rivals, 90.000 on 247.

Yikes. Also saw a 247 article where Duggan talks about liking the youthful energy surrounding the ISU program. Said he thinks that's a good fit for him.
Something we are not selling here in IC.
I don't think you can really divine much from what these kids say....they're tactful enough to know what to say and what not to say. I've read three or four fairly long stories about Duggan, and if I had to bet at this point, I'd bet on Nebraska. And if Frost is the new coach, I'd double down.

I've put together a list of recruits for the the 2019 class. These are players that I think we have a shot at.

How many do we take? What is the position break down? Any recruits I missed that we may have a realistic chance of adding to the class?

QB Max Duggan dual
RB Jirehl Brock, Sampson James, Cam Baker
OL Justin Britt
DL Jason Bargy, Marcus Hicks, Spencer Bono, Jalen Hunt, Mosai Newsom
LB Jack Campbell, Nick Henrich, Jack Kiser
DB Moses Douglass, Sebastian Castro, Kobe Myers
ATH Dashaun Brown

TE Chris Hickman

Craig Young offered. Receiver. 6-5

On the topic of poaching, a player we got last year from New Mexico, Matt Quarrels.

"Quarells graduated from New Mexico in three years and will have two seasons to play with the Hawkeyes. He joined holdover Matt VandeBerg as the only receivers on the roster with a Division I college catch to his credit." (Hawkeye Nation)

So after not playing this past year it would seem he has just one year of eligibility now. Must have already taken a red shirt.

Anyone know if we made a push at the ankeny punter? Seems like that would have been a good piece to add but I know there are bug names. Looking at the current roster thier is some talent and thier is some fat that could go away.

Last edited:
We could teach him how to use his body enough to be unstoppable on short yardage. Again he list that he has interest in Iowa.

Another Michigan receiver transferring out is Maurice Ways. Attended the same high school as Tyler Wiegers (Country Day). Possibly 2 years eligibility.

Williams list is impressive. I like that we are going after bigger fish at WR. They are trying to up the talent level. Seems to have that extra gear. Could be a deep threat. 150 is light.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT