ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Draft

I wouldn't be surprised if Hankins and Nixon may test the waters. Nixon could use another year, but since school isn't easy for him he may pack it in early.

Smith-Marsette, Alaric Jackson

Big Maybe: Brandon Smith
Agree, though change big maybe to maybe and add cg as mentioned earlier.

Hard to say though with the current issues, especially hard for guys hoping to get paid earlier.

That said I'd be ok if Petras leaves, probably means he has a Heisman season :D

If Banwart's knee is 100% he has a chance. Hankins is a possibility. Linderbaum is a very real possibility if he maintains his trajectory.
2/3 of this year's first-round picks were 3rd-year players.

If Banwart's knee is 100% he has a chance. Hankins is a possibility. Linderbaum is a very real possibility if he maintains his trajectory.
2/3 of this year's first-round picks were 3rd-year players.
Alaric, Smith-Marsette and Nixon. Linderbaum will be a first rounder in two years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hankins and Nixon may test the waters. Nixon could use another year, but since school isn't easy for him he may pack it in early.
Nixon needs more than 1 more year to mature. Leaving after next year would be a disaster.

If he has a big year I could see Daviyon Nixon leaving early. Otherwise, he'll return for his senior season, and get drafted in 2022.

Last edited:
Anyone who knows anything about kickers think Duncan has a chance? I know that's a really tough gig to get. Maybe UDFA?

I can see Nick Niemann having a solid senior year and getting a chance to make a squad, probably undrafted but you never know.

What’s the size difference between the two? I think Daniels has a lot larger frame to start with.
They are both listed at 6'3" with JD now listed at 305 and TL listed at 286. Daniels explodes off the ball but the knock on him has been physicality. Linderbaum will probably be up to 295 whenever the Hawks play again, probably more physical but not as quick.

Anyone who knows anything about kickers think Duncan has a chance? I know that's a really tough gig to get. Maybe UDFA?

Doubtful, probably doesn't have the leg strength. No FG makes (or even attempts) over 50 yards (although he did hit 49 vs Nebraska) which can be chalked up to circumstance a bit, but he doesn't do kickoffs either.

Reactions: TheCDiggity
Alaric, Smith-Marsette and Nixon. Linderbaum will be a first rounder in two years.
Linderbaum is a STUD but 1st round is extremely unlikely in this day and age. Biadasz was consensus All American and it was maybe the 5th round before he went yesterday. Outside of the Pounceys and Frederick, I don't know if another center has gone in the 1st round in maybe 15 years. I hope you are right, but in the 2022 NFL draft.

Linderbaum is a STUD but 1st round is extremely unlikely in this day and age. Biadasz was consensus All American and it was maybe the 5th round before he went yesterday. Outside of the Pounceys and Frederick, I don't know if another center has gone in the 1st round in maybe 15 years. I hope you are right, but in the 2022 NFL draft.
Cesar Ruiz out of Michigan went first round this year to the saints.
Garret Bradbury went last year to the saints.
And Frank Ragnow and Billy Price two years ago.

I really think Brandon Smith would have been a for sure pick 3 years ago because everyone wanted the big bodied WR. He still could get drafted (I really like him as a Hawk) but he may not have the speed NFL scouts drool over.

Better add Coy Cronk to the 2021 list...he was on the Outland Trophy watch last year ~ that's NFL material.

My odds on favorite top 7, not counting underclassmen:

- A. Jackson: Healthy year could get him to round 2?
- Smith-Marsette: Burner, playmaker, + clutch hands; 3rd rounder
- Cronk: Started lots of B1G games and Iowa will make him better
- B. Smith: Somewhere there's a place for size + mad athleticism
- Hankins: Parker CB and multi-year starter, illegal not to draft him
- Golston: Love the guy but think he must make waves in pass rush
- Niemann: Helluva of Holiday Bowl. Needs to start, then let's see...

Agree that if Nixon or Linderbaum have really big years, they could go. Colbert as well based on experience, but have no idea if he has NFL attention.

Reactions: Tacticalhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT