ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Big 10 Tournament Session II Thread

Tell that to Cassar, Berge, Shak, Kerk, Nolf, Suriano, Howard, Starroci and RBY. A few (not) all of the guys who missed Bigs//Nationals Tournament time due to injury or wrestled through 'significant' injury and won anyway. I believe both Starroci and RBY had broken hands last year. The bottom line is it isn't always widely known or advertised, but all teams come March have to manage injury.
So over the course of 13 years you’ve had 9. Thanks for making my point.

A lot of transfers out of the PSU program, e.g., Teske, Suriano, VerKleeren... When they go to these other programs, why can't anyone explain it? Teske : What do they do over there, and how do they do it?
More money attracts more and better wrestlers. Better wrestlers attract even better wrestlers. When you have more, chances are better some will rise to the top. Pretty simple really.

More money attracts more and better wrestlers. Better wrestlers attract even better wrestlers. When you have more, chances are better some will rise to the top. Pretty simple really.
Winner WINNER chicken dinner!!!! YEP 100%, so lets not start the "what is the great Crailure doing over there???"

"maybe we should ask Teske???" OH wait, remember that thread with that post about 17- 2 in top 10 recruits over like 8 years!!!

Just image if we had SEVENTEEN KemDawgs and LEEs!!!!

F*** states big bad new guys aren't panning out too well, but no matter. see 197 and heavy, we will just recruit over them.

Gee Mr. IRON thank you for clarifying this ONCE AGAIN!!!! NO need to get a chant going bird, BIRD , BIRD , BIRD!!!

It is OK, my service here is FREE to all! We need to keep gaining ground and figure out how we are going to make the recruiting battle even? Look at Football, Alabama and their 90+ million budget!!! Hell, I think they do just about everything up to wiping the players tushy's for them! Others caught up by upping the ante!

Fact is, we are battling well. I would even say probably wrestling better then they are with more bonus wins, but we are just OUT GUNNED!!! We just do not have the fire power and need to keep bringing it in. The stud class coming in will have us knocking on the door.

Now just image class after class like the one coming in!!! THAT and ONLY that is what IOWA needs!!!

Very hard headed.
Yeah. Did you see how Brooks chose neutral in the 3rd vs. Finesilver? Apparently we have Brooks right where we want him now as he's now he's toast at nationals if he has to go under Finesilver. ...and also his manhood is now in question. Is that the right analysis?

In all seriousness, I don't think getting ridden for 2 additional minutes does anything to build Cass' confidence or to create doubt in Kirkv. I haven't given up on this match up as I think Kirkv can always gas, and I think Cass can do some stuff from the neutral position.

He's just not that good. He beats guys who are lower than him and gets beats by guys who are better.
Exactly. Only here do we think a guy who couldn't AA at 125 will be some revelation at 133. Reality check time for 133, 157 and 184. 197 joining the club next year.

Reactions: Chalkdaddy94
Yeah. Did you see how Brooks chose neutral in the 3rd vs. Finesilver? Apparently we have Brooks right where we want him now as he's now he's toast at nationals if he has to go under Finesilver. ...and also his manhood is now in question. Is that the right analysis?

In all seriousness, I don't think getting ridden for 2 additional minutes does anything to build Cass' confidence or to create doubt in Kirkv. I haven't given up on this match up as I think Kirkv can always gas, and I think Cass can do some stuff from the neutral position.
Kerk is super happy to hang out on top and rest.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Nobody here is questioning hard work and heart. We’re questioning development and strategy. The days of out working your opponents and having more heart are over.
I definitely see your point. Would it be correct to say that the Hawks and every other team in D1 wrestling haven’t figured out how to develop and strategize? Or are we the only ones failing miserably? Are there teams other than PSU that we are falling behind? Wasn’t Kerk the #1 P4P in his class? When you look at who is in their room from 165 and up, how could you expect anything than upward trajectory?

Exactly. Only here do we think a guy who couldn't AA at 125 will be some revelation at 133. Reality check time for 133, 157 and 184. 197 joining the club next year.
Yup...at least cobe has a punchers chance with his funk but when he wrestles real dudes he's not little Ness who had the skill and power to just horse guys.

Cobe, Brody and Abe are all R12 guys, maybe less.

Reactions: MVPFAN
Yep. There have been a number of guys there who didn't quite measure up but they just get better ones to replace them. Here we just let them sit in the lineup unchallenged for years.
So what is the solution? Other than Assad who’s in this list of underperforming wrestlers on our team who have been allowed to just sit in the lineup? What if Cass, Warner, Young and others had decided to enter the portal when it went into effect?

Let’s discuss 157 in a couple years. We have had holes at 33,41 and 49 in the past and boom, we get DeSanto, Woods and Lugo. 84 and 97 are obviously the biggest holes to fill next year. Who steps in at 25 and 33 for PSU next year?

Reactions: Chalkdaddy94
So over the course of 13 years you’ve had 9. Thanks for making my point.
Andrew and Dylan Alton are another two PSU wrestlers that struggled with major injuries that impacted their college wrestling careers. Injuries hit all teams and vary from year to year. Iowa is not unique to dealing with injuries.

Andrew and Dylan Alton are another two PSU wrestlers that struggled with major injuries that impacted their college wrestling careers. Injuries hit all teams and vary from year to year. Iowa is not unique to dealing with injuries.
Add Ruth’s knee in the 2011 quarters.
McIntosh’s elbow his RS-So year.
McCutcheon’s lower back.
NIck Nevills’s torn pec.
Etc.

(I know I’m forgetting others)

Because, like I already said, live BTN action is carried on the Fox Sports app. It’s been that way since basically forever. If you have the BTN on your TV you just have to log in.

This isn’t a difficult concept.
I watch on my phone. It's also carried live on my youtube tv app on my phone.
This is not a difficult concept.
The only time I every use FS is when an event runs over.
It's just a preference.

I’m glad “beating Nebraska” is your benchmark for success.
sensing-zombieland.gif

I watch on my phone. It's also carried live on my youtube tv app on my phone.
This is not a difficult concept.
The only time I every use FS is when an event runs over.
It's just a preference.

So you can watch, you just choose not to.

Instead of complaining on a message board it seems to me it would be way easier to simply open the app and watch. But hey, that’s just me.

Is everyone selectively ignoring the giant shoulder brace Cobe is wearing? Or are we assuming it’s just fashion accessory? Good grief.
I'm sure it's a factor but he got schooled by Saldate brace or no brace. I thought it might have been vs Lewan that he strained it. He was try to keep Lewan from escaping at one point and got extended a little. Was shaking that arm after.

Is everyone selectively ignoring the giant shoulder brace Cobe is wearing? Or are we assuming it’s just fashion accessory? Good grief.
The important question is whose fault it is he was injured. I think there are 6 threads that attempt to answer these types of questions. Not sure what the answer is though.

Reactions: Gobblin
I'm sure it's a factor but he got schooled by Saldate brace or no brace. I thought it might have been vs Lewan that he strained it. He was try to keep Lewan from escaping at one point and got extended a little. Was shaking that arm after.
It certainly is. You don’t know that for certain. And yes.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
That, and Warner’s leg wrap and Assad’s extended time off the mat near the end of the year, coming back with his elbow wrapped. We always seem to be the walking wounded this time of year. More so than other teams. And it shows. Guys are gutting out at several weights. It’s just easier for some fans to question their will and toughness. I echo your Good Grief.

Reactions: T8KUDWN and Gobblin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT