ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Big 10 Tournament Session II Thread

Does Kerk have 2 years left or 1? Intermat has him as a sophomore. Track has him as a Senior.

Jealousy is a sickness, I hope you get well soon.

Act like a big boy and take the L without disrespecting hardworking kids. You are a true piece of sh*t. (Lol tells me to act like an adult and then calls me a pos.........tell me how you really feel.)
Lulz don't be salty about the truth, coach. ;)

Just remember you’re talking about a possible 5 time All American.
Don’t get me started on the Wrestling All-American thing again… he might have five AAs, but 395 other “All-American” titles were also handed out during that time frame as well.

So is this massive failure in the upper weights on Star or Telford?

Cause Assad, Warner, and Cassioppi all had credentials when they arrived.
Massive failure?? C'mon Mitch, you're too good for this comment -- I assume you're just upset that Iowa lost the last two semis. Warner and Cassioppi have had A LOT of success wrestling in the black and gold -- true, no NCAA titles, but if that's how you define success/failure, you're wayyyy off target.

At what point did Cassioppi go from majoring Kerk to having little to no chance to beat him?
When Cass lost weight and decided he was a finesse wrestler. He is not going to out wrestle Kerk shooting outside take downs. If he keeps the same game plan he has been employing he will keep losing similar matches. He needs to be in shape enough to really push pace and try to have a street fight. Dust off the upper body stuff while he's at it.

So is this massive failure in the upper weights on Star or Telford?

Cause Assad, Warner, and Cassioppi all had credentials when they arrived.

It's on recruiting, plain and simple. Cass and Warner are near the top each year, but f*n state is always a step ahead there. Bring in whatever training partner/coach you want, until we can out recruit, won't matter. That said, I do often scratch my head as to why it seems...to me....we are terrible at having a better game plan for some matches. But I guess talent usually trumps game plan....so there's that.

I have BTN and BTB +, why do i need Fox Sports App dip. You're such a pompous dick sometimes.
Contrary to what you might think you don't know everything.
I'm more pissed that they didn't keep the individual mats on BTN+
Split screen I'm not a fan of unless I choose it.

Because, like I already said, live BTN action is carried on the Fox Sports app. It’s been that way since basically forever. If you have the BTN on your TV you just have to log in.

This isn’t a difficult concept.

It's on recruiting, plain and simple. Cass and Warner are near the top each year, but f*n state is always a step ahead there. Bring in whatever training partner/coach you want, until we can out recruit, won't matter. That said, I do often scratch my head as to why it seems...to me....we are terrible at having a better game plan for some matches. But I guess talent usually trumps game plan....so there's that.
Agreed, talent is a major factor but PSU wrestles very tactical matches compared to us.
It's like they are trained for strengths and weaknesses of individual wrestlers. Kerk doesn't even wrestle like the same guy he was. He is so much more technically sound now.
It's like they look at tape on top competition and have individual plans for their matches.
Am I crazy or does anyone else think this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT