ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCAA Championships Session II Thread

How much longer this guy gonna bleed I gotta go to bed
I-AINT-GOT-62niup.jpg

Cass spends too much time matt wrestling. I know he is good at pins. But I think he had more feet back ability and he loses opportunities. Doing so much matt wrestling.
Ironside agrees. During B1Gs he said he was pretty sure Cass gets more back points from his feet as opposed to riding.

I'm also worried about Chittum and his development with the staff.

Too many guys that hit a plateau and stall out over the last many years.
Even Cass looks like he's hit his ceiling.
This tournament won't help recruiting.

Reactions: MitchLL
Ironside agrees. During B1Gs he said he was pretty sure Cass gets more back points from his feet as opposed to riding.
When he was fat he did pin a lot of guys from the top position but he lost weight to complete with more athletic guys. But he's still wrestling like he is fat. He's got good scramble instincts.

Gotta wait and see. You have to have a higher athletic profile to get to that next level. PK is a great wrestler but probably doesn't have that profile to become elite. Cael gets the best athletes in the upper weights and it shows every year.

Last edited:
This tournament won't help recruiting.
If it won’t help Iowa recruiting, what is it going to do for the 64 out of 65 other schools there that finish way behind them? I mean come the f**k on. I know everyone just expects every Iowa guy to win no matter what, but they are the clear 2nd best team in the country and nothing in this tournament has changed that.

Try recruiting at MSU by comparison. Watching Spencer Lee alone win 4 titles will help recruiting way more than anything that happens this tournament except PSU winning it. A bunch of you need to learn some damn perspective when you whine…

Gotta wait in see. You have to have to have a higher athletic profile to get to that next level. PK is a great wrestler but probably doesn't have that profile to become elite. Cael gets the best athletes in the upper weights and it shows every year.
Well then somebody needs to assign a homeless person to punch Cael in the ball sack every year that he has better upper weights.........

Discourage bad behavior through violence. They'll rebel at first, but they'll learn.

• Haha
Reactions: BGon4ND and hlstone
Well then somebody needs to assign a homeless person to punch Cael in the ball sack every year that he has better upper weights.........

Discourage bad behavior through violence. They'll rebel at first, but they'll learn.
I don't know anyone that would want to punch Cael in the balls, let alone a homeless person. Probably wouldn't work out very well for the puncher. 😆😆
I'm not punching him in the balls. Lol
I value my limbs and health.

When compared to Parris and Kerk he has hit his ceiling. They are just bigger and more athletic wrestlers.
But, that was true before any of them even left High School. There is a reason they were ranked considerably higher as recruits. The Brands have got as much out of Anthony as anyone could rightly expect considering he has had Steveson, Parris, Kerkvliet and Schultz filling the same brackets….

With Parris and Kerk, 3rd place is the ceiling for big Tony. They are overall better wrestlers.

I know this is rag on Iowa time but not every 6th year guy is going to be Lee or RBY. Dean was a champ last year and is now swimming through the murky back side at 197. It's hard to grind through 6 years of collegiate wrestling, mentally and physically.

Now carry on with your torches and pitchforks.

Cael is a badass, you know he can still get after it. Lol
I wouldn't punch the Brands boys either and I'm 210.
They would murder people. Be like the midget wrestlers on Nacho Libre. 😝

Dang that Amine match was huge. Just looked at Amine’s path after he loses his next match and he has as much of an easy street to AA as anyone.

With Parris and Kerk, 3rd place is the ceiling for big Tony. They are overall better wrestlers.

I know this is rag on Iowa time but not every 6th year guy is going to be Lee or RBY. Dean was a champ last year and is now swimming through the murky back side at 197. It's hard to grind through 6 years of collegiate wrestling, mentally and physically.

Now carry on with your torches and pitchforks.
The only thing I would like to see from Cass assuming he gets Kerk that he tries something and if it doesn't work fine. If you're going lose lose big.

The only thing I would like to see from Cass assuming he gets Kerk that he tries something and if it doesn't work fine. If you're going lose lose big.
Tony isn't going to see Kerk until the finals or a WB round. He'll have his hands full tomorrow with Schultz and then Parris if he advances.

I feel like Kerk is a heavy favorite over the AF HWT in the semis.

Cass spends too much time mat wrestling. I know he is good at pins. But I think he had more feet back ability and he loses opportunities. Doing so much mat wrestling.
It looks like Tony lost muscle mass this year
Kerkvliet has outworks him in the weight room and it shows

I see 5 AA’s top Lee, Woods, Murin, Brands and Big Tone. Murin and Brands will be close. All the other paths are not so great. Yes this is everyone still in the main bracket but PK’s got the backside from hell, Warner likely to get Alred …

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT