ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCAA Championships Session II Thread

I guess I'm ok with your mentality to a point but it gets tiring. Iowa is the second best program in the county and the gap is about as big between 3 and 2 as it is as between 1 and 2 maybe bigger. Burning down the program to try to catch Penn State would be a terrible decision. Let's not be the nebraska football of college wrestling.
Change in upper weight coaching and some high end HWC partners is not burning the program down. Let's be honest MK is the only upper weight since Jaybo to be a draw to recruiting, but he is gone. NLWC is full of guys that are mid international career, snagging one or more of them would be a boon.

As you said we need better talent, that comes with better results, how do get there? Doing the same old isn't working.

Been listening to Grace and Ironside. So I’m hearing commercials. Are times so bad in Iowa City that restaurants have to give food away?

Go Hawks!

Reactions: Vallholl
Davidson slammed Schuyler on a mat return and had to take injury time
Still wrestling
down 0-2
Ghandall has a deep single on PAris that Paris is going to hip into a sm

Has to go through Trumble then Allred/Nino. Don't feel good about that.
He’s the 14 seed, he was going to have a really tough road either way. But, if he could make the finals last year, he can make the podium this year. His issue has always been as much in his head as anywhere else. Just need to see if it lines a fire or douses any embers that may be left…

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Gonna learn a ton about Warner next round. How does he want to end his career? A 4x AA for the Hawkeyes puts him in pretty special company. Really hope he realizes that!
Makes it worse when Smith from Maryland sticks Trumble. Warner's path to the semis was very doable

He’s the 14 seed, he was going to have a really tough road either way. But, if he could make the finals last year, he can make the podium this year. His issue has always been as much in his head as anywhere else. Just need to see if it lines a fire or douses any embers that may be left…
I don't think his body is right this year. The record on 6th year guys is rough all over the place. He was no exception. Everything looked harder for him this year.

Morningstar feels like a guy who would excel as a CEO style head coach. His on the mat development leaves a lot to be desired, but he's a great recruiter and good dude. I'd like to see him land a lower D1 job.
I agree but it's time for TnT to shake things up. Iowa needs to get better results out of the middle and upper weights if they ever hope to catch PSU. Right now Iowa is being out recruited and out coached by Cael and his staff.

Cass vs Gordon UNI
is this the first Iowa / UNI matchup of the tournament?
Gordon looks like 197er
Tony deep single lift and dumps
Gord was locked through and finally gives up the TD
2-0
rolling and riding
Cass got those hips under fast
Kerk has a cradle on Nevillis
Riding tough is Cass

now we have Gordon flat
RT is over 1 min
Gordon working to stay flat
Working the illegal arm to the back. Ref hasn't called it yet
Tough bar
CRoss face?
SW on Gord
Double wing- cant get it over
Gordon's arms have to be dead
RT is 2:08
end of 1
2-0
BT
for Gordon.

Morningstar feels like a guy who would excel as a CEO style head coach. His on the mat development leaves a lot to be desired, but he's a great recruiter and good dude. I'd like to see him land a lower D1 job.
Have him build up a new program from a P5 conference. One that doesn't currently offer wrestling. Ya know, grow the sport and what not.....

Reactions: xjohnx
Lmao the UNI guy just gonna ride Cassioppi out down 4-0 so that he doesn't get bonused. Can't be helping Iowa out in any way, shape, or form to even remotely compete with Penn State.

Garbage.

2nd period
on their feet to start
Cass pushign Gordon aroudn
Gordon path to victory is to not tie and to hit in space
He misses in space and Tony almost counters
1 min
pushing hard
Snap to LEg and Tony's looking to finish
Elevates the leg with the knee on the ground and finishes
39s
4-0
TD
Gordon building and Tony on the side
rideout
as Gordon gets out, TC grabs legs and holds
on
3rd period
Tony down
Gordon looking for a cradle
Tony slowed by this
1:24 Gordon has been holding on to this for awhile
Cannot pull it over so we're jsut hanging out

SM after about 45 s
still has 1:45 RT

58s left
moreblood
that was weird as Gordon seemed to have it locked but couldn't roll it,
now he only has 1 min left
Brands is pissed at TC for "hanging his head"
on the restartm TC base and stands and cant get out right away,.
Finally spins out
esc
Now lookign at a standing cowcatcher
Thros him into the table
oob
more BT
29s
5-0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT