ADVERTISEMENT

2023 World Championships coming up!

what tipped you off? sadulaev taking injury time after basically giving up on defending a takedown and then defaulting out of the last match?

glad you're hear for such insightful nuggets of wisdom
Did you not see a response saying he needed to wrestle to qualify the weight for the Olympics?

But, thanks for continuing to be you. It is nice to see how your personality transfers from one topic to another!

He needs to qualify the weight for the olympics
I love how this was your response, but you were so quick to laugh at the other response. Thanks for giving me some enjoyment on a day that so far has had very little.

My takeaways:
1. Sadulaev’s not the same guy and seems there a few plausible reasons. He hasn’t forgotten how to be good
2. Like Gilman- Dake and Snyder regressing in the NLWC room. You can’t tell me these multi-world medalists are jumping levels in the room and then look the other way then they regress. TIC comment so the trolls can relax.
Aren't Nick Lee and Zain in the same room, and they just went 7-1 at the tournament.

Who is the one that is supposed to be mad? If there is one thing you should have learned by now, it is that I thoroughly enjoy this kind of stuff. I have made it about as obvious as anyone could. Your response is the kind of response I strive for quite often when posting...;)

Kilty is having quite a tournament. Advances to the finals with a tf.

Hildebrandt and Maroulis both lost, will wrestle for bronze.

Gray is pulled back in. Needs to win 2 more to get bronze.

Snyder, Dake and Gilman have not made a jump or shown improvement since joining the nlwc.
Well they didn't join until they were already on the back half of their career. And Gilman did do his best wrestling at PSU. Snyder is basically the same. Dake looked like Dake. The reality is that Sidakov is just better and always has been.

I still don't understand Dake's gameplan in the championship match.
Why would your leg defense against Sidakov be a chest wrap?
Sidakov is not going to give up points in a head pinch or chest wrap.
Like MSU158 said earlier, Sidakov's positioning and patience is going to prevent that and eventually he will expose your back.
Where was Dake's head/hands defense? He should have been down blocking and circling, keeping Sidakov off his legs and looking for an angle to attack.
Just because the chest wrap stuff works against Jason Nolf does not mean it will work in the World Finals.

I still don't understand Dake's gameplan in the championship match.
Why would your leg defense against Sidakov be a chest wrap?
Sidakov is not going to give up points in a head pinch or chest wrap.
Like MSU158 said earlier, Sidakov's positioning and patience is going to prevent that and eventually he will expose your back.
Where was Dake's head/hands defense? He should have been down blocking and circling, keeping Sidakov off his legs and looking for an angle to attack.
Just because the chest wrap stuff works against Jason Nolf does not mean it will work in the World Finals.
Dake pretty much said that in his interview @T8KUDWN.
He validated your observation. I'd post it but I can't link to Flo videos.
Said he will be back and be ready for Paris.

Dake pretty much said that in his interview @T8KUDWN.
He validated your observation. I'd post it but I can't link to Flo videos.
Said he will be back and be ready for Paris.
I will have to check his interview out after the medal matches get over today.

Who is the one that is supposed to be mad? If there is one thing you should have learned by now, it is that I thoroughly enjoy this kind of stuff. I have made it about as obvious as anyone could. Your response is the kind of response I strive for quite often when posting...;)
No dog in the fight, but your response is kinda cringy (I hate that word, but can’t think of a better one).

I mean honestly, who didn't have Rivera as a sure-fire finalist in this bracket?😉

What an amazing run from him!

I don't understand how USA Wrestling let's USA guys go (or how that process actually works). Micic with gold at 57 and Sea-Bass in the finals. Rivera isn't training in Puerto Rico and Micic isn't spending much time in Serbia.

How did that happen?

I don't understand how USA Wrestling let's USA guys go (or how that process actually works). Micic with gold at 57 and Sea-Bass in the finals. Rivera isn't training in Puerto Rico and Micic isn't spending much time in Serbia.

How did that happen?
It's not up to them. The athletes decide. I guarantee you USA wrestling doesn't love watching Micic wrestle for Serbia. And Russia doesn't like watching a 20 year Dagestani destroy the face of their program.

It's not up to them. The athletes decide. I guarantee you USA wrestling doesn't love watching Micic wrestle for Serbia. And Russia doesn't like watching a 20 year Dagestani destroy the face of their program.
The country of birth doesn't have to release them or anything?

I wouldn't be surprised to see that 20-year-old piss hot after this tournament.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that 20-year-old piss hot after this totournament.
Possibly but there is no denying his wrestling talent/IQ. I remember people on themat.com forums saying the exact same thing about Kyle Snyder when he was 19-20. It's easy to say that when a new kid out of nowhere shocks the world. I for one am going to give him full credit for his performance!

Last edited:

I wouldn't necessarily say that the kid overpowered Snyder more so using Snyder's aggression and momentum against him. You could tell that this wasn't too much of a surprise with the Russians because Sadulaev gave him plenty of respect.
Snyder will adjust and pick and choose his spots instead of just trying to overpower/outphysical him.

Really reminds me of seeing Sadulaev the first time. Casually kicks everybody's ass...he doesn't even look particularly intimidating physically compared to some of the guys at 97KG.
Reminds me of young Cael.

Reactions: MSU158
No dog in the fight, but your response is kinda cringy (I hate that word, but can’t think of a better one).
Which response? The one you quoted? I was simply saying I don't take these things personal or let anything said anger me. It is an anonymous board, letting someone you don't even know and probably never will, type something that bothers you, makes no sense.

After that, I freely admit I DO like to stir the pot. I admit that I like the back and forth. I also admit that I especially like when the responses have nothing to do with what I posted.

Simply put, I like to debate and have a very specific process from beginning to end. His response is the exact type of non sequitur that makes it all worth while to me. Mind you, this is a message board for "fans", which is short for fanatics. If you don't expect a lot of "back and forth" on a site like this, you may not realize what these boards are for!

LaxHawk174 provided the UWW rule sheet for transfers on the Micic thread, but here is the rule from the pdf. The original nation does have a say according to 4(a) below. https://uww.org/sites/default/files..._for_the_change_of_nationality_dec_15_eng.pdf

"Article 4 – Procedure for the grant of the new sports nationality A wrestler who wishes to change his/her sports nationality shall send a request in writing, through his/her national federation, to United World Wrestling in the period between 1 and 31 December. No change of sports nationality will be granted by United World Wrestling outside this period. Notwithstanding the conditions listed hereunder, the authorization for the change of sports nationality will be effective from 1 January of the following year. The applicant’s Federation shall provide the following documents (together with an official translation in French or English):

a) Official attestation by the left federation (signed by its president, on a letter with official header and seal) agreeing with the applicant’s change of sports nationality;

b) Official attestation by the host federation (signed by its president, on a letter with official header and seal) agreeing with the applicant’s change of sports nationality;"

Reactions: WrestleEveryDay
Which response? The one you quoted? I was simply saying I don't take these things personal or let anything said anger me. It is an anonymous board, letting someone you don't even know and probably never will, type something that bothers you, makes no sense.

After that, I freely admit I DO like to stir the pot. I admit that I like the back and forth. I also admit that I especially like when the responses have nothing to do with what I posted.

Simply put, I like to debate and have a very specific process from beginning to end. His response is the exact type of non sequitur that makes it all worth while to me. Mind you, this is a message board for "fans", which is short for fanatics. If you don't expect a lot of "back and forth" on a site like this, you may not realize what these boards are for!
Quit hijacking the thread with your self-importance, please.

2. Like Gilman- Dake and Snyder regressing in the NLWC room. You can’t tell me these multi-world medalists are jumping levels in the room and then look the other way then they regress. TIC comment so the trolls can relax.

You are going to have a whole thread made about you now for the NLWC comment lol. They love to drag stuff like that back to BWI/HVI. They will ignore the TIC part 😆

Nah…… they’re occupied talking about the regression of Spencer & Kemerer in their final seasons. ;)

Snyder, Dake and Gilman have not made a jump or shown improvement since joining the nlwc.
Make a jump from #1 and #2 in the world? How much higher does Snyder and Dake need to jump for you...they're not exactly in their prime either. And, I'm a Hawk fan but some of these statements are bizarre.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Make a jump from #1 and #2 in the world? How much higher does Snyder and Dake need to jump for you...they're not exactly in their prime either. And, I'm a Hawk fan but some of these statements are bizarre.
My statement is true. Snyder and Dake were on top when they went to the nlwc. They may have taken a bit of a step back. I don't see progress. You can say it's because of their age, but Snyder is 27, going on 28, definitely still in his prime. Dake is 32, so age might start factoring in. I'd say the only reason he's the man at 74 kg is because Burroughs is past his prime.

My statement is true. Snyder and Dake were on top when they went to the nlwc. They may have taken a bit of a step back. I don't see progress. You can say it's because of their age, but Snyder is 27, going on 28, definitely still in his prime. Dake is 32, so age might start factoring in. I'd say the only reason he's the man at 74 kg is because Burroughs is past his prime.
Crazy to think that Snyder is only 27. He could do two more olympic cycles and win 5 more medals!

Or…The guys that are beating them are just better.

I wish I could come up with something to discredit the NLWC. I just can't. What they are doing over there is leading the way for all the other clubs to aspire to right now.

Some big names need to roll into Iowa City and the HWC. To be frank, It's been a crap show overall as of late. The new facilities and backing$ will certainly help but there is something else needed.. I will still continue to donate to our club in the future, I just want to see some results!

I wish I could come up with something to discredit the NLWC. I just can't. What they are doing over there is leading the way for all the other clubs to aspire to right now.

Some big names need to roll into Iowa City and the HWC. To be frank, It's been a crap show overall as of late. The new facilities and backing$ will certainly help but there is something else needed.. I will still continue to donate to our club in the future, I just want to see some results!
True dat. I bet if we had Snyder and Dake “not progressing” at HWC, we’d be pleased as punch compared with what we got going now. Nothing lasts forever, though, so we gotta keep the faith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT