ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Concert Plans

I saw the Pretenders on saturday night in DC, probably the best sound i've ever heard at a show.......until it went south when somebody/people wouldn't stop taking videos of Chrissie Hynde, she got pissed off, started getting angry at the world and everybody in her path, and seemingly switched the set and cut the show off early.

Neither Dave or Tony went up tonight. Not sure, but they must rotate the schedule. I thought that list was too big for a 3 hour show.

The show was pretty funny. Big Jay, Bobby Lee and Bert killed. Whitney was funny and clever.

I took my 16 y/o son, who is a big Kreischer fan. Had center stage, 2nd Row tickets. We ended up, not by choice, being part of Big Jays set. Probably 20 minutes of material that he tweaked to embarrass me and my son. We were on screen about 10 different times as some of the jokes were so bad, as in freaking dirty bad. Luckily my son is pretty mature and cool, he took it well. People were coming up to us during the break telling us we were good sports.

I missed this update. Freaking dirty bad? I assume it wasn't your disabled son that was the butt of the jokes?

Going to Green Day/Rancid in the Twin Cities in a couple of weeks.

Then Bad Religion is in Davenport in October, going to see them again

Going to see Umphrey's McGee with Eggy at the Salt Shed in August and Bob Weir and his band playing with the Chicago Philharmonic Orchestra in November which I expect to be really unique sound and crowd.

Well, for my birthday, Aardvark Jr did in fact get me my Lyle Lovett and Large Band tix for Wolf Trap. In addition, I checked out the schedule for my new local venue in Lex (LimeKiln), and was initially very excited to see that Steep Canyon Rangers were playing, but alas, they'd already been there.

I missed this update. Freaking dirty bad? I assume it wasn't your disabled son that was the butt of the jokes?
No, and it wasn’t my son with DS. He’s 24 and a comedy festival isn’t his thing to do. It’s also why my wife stayed back and didn’t attend. We were at our condo at the LOTO and didn’t want to leave him alone for that long on a Friday evening.

Raunchy is a better word to use. I wish I could remember it all. I keep thinking it’s going to pop up on YouTube sometime. No cameras were allowed during the show, but Fully Loaded was recording.

His 20 minutes revolved around horny older women and all the dirty things they do when the kids are out of the house. But instead of women, he used my wife, my son’s mom, as the example. He told my son that he had the most molestable face in the crowd. Which he tagged a funny line after asking him if me and his mom were still together.

See the two in the pic wearing the grey Hawk shirt and the NY Yankees jersey. That’s how exposed we were during the first half of the show.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Anyone going to the Chevelle concert tonight in Waukee? Saw them Sunday and they were incredible. Thinking about making the 90 mile drive to Waukee and see them again tonight.

No, and it wasn’t my son with DS. He’s 24 and a comedy festival isn’t his thing to do. It’s also why my wife stayed back and didn’t attend. We were at our condo at the LOTO and didn’t want to leave him alone for that long on a Friday evening.

Raunchy is a better word to use. I wish I could remember it all. I keep thinking it’s going to pop up on YouTube sometime. No cameras were allowed during the show, but Fully Loaded was recording.

His 20 minutes revolved around horny older women and all the dirty things they do when the kids are out of the house. But instead of women, he used my wife, my son’s mom, as the example. He told my son that he had the most molestable face in the crowd. Which he tagged a funny line after asking him if me and his mom were still together.

See the two in the pic wearing the grey Hawk shirt and the NY Yankees jersey. That’s how exposed we were during the first half of the show.

Ah yeah, sitting ducks there. Perhaps a good lesson about being a good sport and maybe even how it feels to get picked on, although not necessarily a lesson one anticipates receiving at a comedy show.

Ah yeah, sitting ducks there. Perhaps a good lesson about being a good sport and maybe even how it feels to get picked on, although not necessarily a lesson one anticipates receiving at a comedy show.
It was all good. Before the show started I told him we were going to get picked on. My son was a good sport about it. During the entire BJO act, it was a combination of hysterical laughing and cringing.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT