ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Finish

GableDaGoat

Rookie
Mar 20, 2023
Are we a trophy contending team right now? I know they are “allegations” but seriously…

125- ???
133- Teske (BR)
141- Woods (Finalist)
149- Voinovich (NQ)
157- Siebrecht (BR)
165- PK (BR)
174- Brands (3rd)
184- Assad (NQ)
197- ???
285- Cass (3rd)

Could this be the worst team in recent memory? Well at least it’ll be better than next year’s team. We lose basically all of our NCAA points.

• Sad
Reactions: kegan
And no Jesuroga, a part time Kueter. Peterson looked good in freestyle tho...

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Reactions: Gusaford
Are we a trophy contending team right now? I know they are “allegations” but seriously…

125- ???
133- Teske (BR)
141- Woods (Finalist)
149- Voinovich (NQ)
157- Siebrecht (BR)
165- PK (BR)
174- Brands (3rd)
184- Assad (NQ)
197- ???
285- Cass (3rd)

Could this be the worst team in recent memory? Well at least it’ll be better than next year’s team. We lose basically all of our NCAA points.
Why no Drake at 125? Am I missing something or is this a massive oversight from you?

Not an oversight… Rumors of him being injured again and possibly wanting out (again)
Gotta be honest with you. You have two total messages and joined this board a month ago. Idk who the hell you are but I’ve heard this from literally no one else, other than you and some psu fans that still bring up the soldier salute ordeal. I’m gonna reserve judgement until I hear from someone I know and trust more.

You could easily be a PSU troll just making things up considering your new log in.
Definitely not a troll. Gable is the greatest coach of all time. Cael is unfortunately the greatest coach of this generation. I’m just pointing out what I think is obvious: a downward slide. That is a good dual team but we may lose to Iowa State…

we still have a solid team. We will never sniff psu next year or probably the next ten years now. But…..
Woods and Brands are title contendors
COBE too if he stays healthy and has progressed over the offseason.
Solid AA potential from PK, Teske, Cass, and Alaya.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
I have no clue, but what is the worst team finish Iowa has had in recent memory? Could 2023-2024 be that bad?

A healthy Nelson is a lock to AA. He was right there with Carter when they wrestled at Penn st and Carter may be taking an Olympic redshirt.

I like Nelson but he's not Contending for a title. He never even got close to scoring on starocci..

Reactions: js8793
Nelson has had one good weekend of wrestling in his college career. Otherwise, just sort of meh. Hopefully he can put an entire season together like he had last March, but to expect it seem a bit optimistic.
In Tulsa, he looked healthy for the first time in a long long time.
He has all the tools. Now he has the confidence.

125- ???
133- Teske (BR)
141- Woods (Finalist)
149- Voinovich (NQ)
157- Siebrecht (BR)
165- PK (BR)
174- Brands (3rd)
184- Assad (NQ)
197- ???
285- Cass (3rd)

Care to explain what BR means? You're assuming that everyone naturally knows what it means. I'm really good with acronyms, but never seen BR, and nothing comes to mind.

We can still finish 2nd next year but it’s going to take a healthy over performing effort. It’s been a long time since Iowa had one of those National tournaments.
125 Ayala 16pts
133 Teske 5pts
141 Woods 23pts
149 VV/Rathjen 5pts
157 COBE 5pts
165 Kennedy 8pts
174 Brands 14pts
184 Assad 5pts
197 Franklin/Glazier 2pts
285 Cass 20pts
Total=103pts
IMO it’s fair to say we score between 80-105pts

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Do we yet know more details about the wrestlers being investigated for the gambling issue? I'll accept my flogging if I missed it.
No names released because the inquiry is in the early stages.
My understanding is the investigation is currently being conducted by the Iowa Gaming Commission.
Don't think the NCAA will do anything until the IGC completes theirs.

But I am only guessing based on what I've read.
But there will be dozens of rumors in the meantime.

I don’t look for Ayala to be wrestling to start the season but hopefully has recovered enough by mid season to be at 100 percent.(we know how that has gone for us lately)! Would love to see it but even without Starrocci going I can’t see Nelson winning a title or the Hawks coming near 100 points. I do hope you’re right on both counts though, would love to see it!!!

I don’t look for Ayala to be wrestling to start the season but hopefully has recovered enough by mid season to be at 100 percent.(we know how that has gone for us lately)! Would love to see it but even without Starrocci going I can’t see Nelson winning a title or the Hawks coming near 100 points. I do hope you’re right on both counts though, would love to see it!!!
Since we still didn't get a capable backup that should be a lot of fun.

Are we sure Tom isn't hitting these kids with a sack of hammers or something? It's absurd.

Are we sure Tom isn't hitting these kids with a sack of hammers or something? It's absurd.
js, watch this video. Start at 8:30 for thoughts on recovery, and go to 18:00 for thoughts on over training. This may explain some things. You need about 1 minute at each of the above times to understand.

js, watch this video. Start at 8:30 for thoughts on recovery, and go to 18:00 for thoughts on over training. This may explain some things. You need about 1 minute at each of the above times to understand.

This is from LAST YEAR?!?!

We've been assured that things have changed over and over again on here and yet Tom seems to be totally unaware of the CONCEPT of physical burnout. Overtraining and burnout are not "frames of mind", Tom. Jesus Christ, no wonder they're the walking wounded.

Cael is playing chess and Tom is bashing his head against a wall.

We've been assured that things have changed over and over again on here and yet Tom seems to be totally unaware of the CONCEPT of physical burnout. Overtraining and burnout are not "frames of mind", Tom. Jesus Christ, no wonder they're the walking wounded.

Sadly, the interview happened in 2018, and the video was released last year.

Reactions: js8793

Granted the sports are different, but Iowa football has been using GPS tracking for a decade, and have monitors that help track performance, and recovery, as well as sleep and other health factors. If iowa wrestling isn't doing things like that, they probably deserve whatever they are getting in terms of injury.

That type of info can absolute mesh with the warrior mentality that Iowa wrestling is all about. And in fact it can augment it.. you can tell if a guy should actually be exhausted or not, and push him to the point he is, but quit before he gets to the point of increasing his likelihood of injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT