ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Session 3 Thread

Sadly, what it actually shows is that I was pretty much correct earlier, even if my timing and delivery wasn’t the greatest. The two guys for Iowa that got bumped out the earliest weren’t meant to be starters. Even more sadly, the Ferrari elders just couldn’t stop being morons.

Look, Glazier busted his butt all year, but he really didn’t beat anyone of note and the B1G was really thin. Exactly what I was afraid of happened. He didn’t all of a sudden massively underperform. He just ended up wrestling in a tournament where nearly all the guys were as good or better.

I know the Ferraris have done enough to make many here not want them no matter what. I do pretty much feel that way now about Anthony. But, I am still willing to consider the NCAA Champ Ferrari if he can toe the line from now until next season and then toe it even more so through that season…
No thanks. I would take glazier over Ferrari any day of the week.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
smart.... never need more AA in the room!!
We don’t have the ability like PSU to have guys like Welch, Gabe, Angelo stay and be a room guy . We get guys like this, we need to use all of them, or it’s a waste of a scholarship and NIL. Hilday is definitely a miss I deeply regret.

That’s basically us saying we will take, support, and continue with whatever Iowa is doing now over ever competing with Penn State again.

It’s more like saying that you will take the guy who will be on the team next year, over the guy who will probably be in jail.

• Wow
Reactions: foxb
Two disappointing results this session.
1. Real can still wrestle to his seed.
2. Glaziet disappointing tournament
I appreciate his performance this year.
Nobody expect anything out of 197 this year.
Oh and by the way Chittum didn’t do much either
Maybe wrestling kids his own age, unlike high school, does affect results?
BTW...referring to Chitty.

Reactions: Inthecircle
No thanks. I would take glazier over Ferrari any day of the week.
You and many others on here are insane or don’t give a shit about winning. Glazier like Colby last year is a room guy who got lucky to have a year with thin options, wrestled out of their ass with an easy schedule, then plummeted back to earth at the end of the season. AJ could have entered this tournament cold after jacking around with mma all semester and finished as AA. Next year, with the two top dogs gone, and him back in a college room wrestling, he could win it. Zach could easily revert back to the guy that lost to Franklin in the SS. 6 th year guys that aren’t superstars don’t seem to do well anywhere. Anthony isn’t as good, but has potential to AA if he actually gets in a college room with good partners. Better potential than anyone we have at 57 or 49 now. Who we bringing in next year better than them? 😄

First of all, ever since woods skipped the road trip that weekend, he’s never been the same. Has been alittle better each week, but doesn’t have the strength and endurance he had around the time of the SS, where he handled this guy easily. Second, he has always been a choker in NCAA’s , long before getting to Iowa.
While I can agree with Woods, what’s the reasoning behind the other wrestlers who underachieved as seniors? Is Tony Ramos the last senior champion of iowa’s like 12 years ago? Outside of Spencer Lee who suspiciously didn’t win a championship as a senior who was Iowa’s last solid senior wrestler?

While I can agree with Woods, what’s the reasoning behind the other wrestlers who underachieved as seniors? Is Tony Ramos the last senior champion of iowa’s like 12 years ago? Outside of Spencer Lee who suspiciously didn’t win a championship as a senior who was Iowa’s last solid senior wrestler?
Cory Clark with one arm in 2017

Someone find a video of the Davis tantrum to cheer me up. Didn't make it home in time to catch it
Davis whined no doubt about it but hopefully he will learn from it. Speaking of "tantrums" though, this whole forum is nothing but.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT