ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Session 3 Thread

Cramer chooses down. Kennedy lets him out. 3-1. And that’s how the 2nd ends. Kennedy will go down.

6-5 in that round. Lost Rathjen, Glazier, and Hill. "Left a lot of points on the mat," per Ironside.

Rathjen went 1-2 in the tourney, losing to #20 and #14. Has a lot of work to do to be anywhere close to AA next year.

Glazier fell back to earth, wrestled too tight. Went 1-2, losing to #26 and #11. Needs to improve as much in the next 12 months as he did the last 12 months.

Hill had a good season for his talent level, and a good tourney--went 1-2, beating #8 and losing to #9 and #12. Great experience for him. But I miss Cass.

Would love to see Ayala, Woods, and Franek all win tonight. Hoping for the best with the other three. It's gonna be a tough round.

shittyreactions GIF

Glazier being out is both disheartening and signifies how poorly Iowa has performed in March the last few years, and how far Iowa has regressed to the mean in terms of college wrestling in terms of wrestling and athletic ability.
Sadly, what it actually shows is that I was pretty much correct earlier, even if my timing and delivery wasn’t the greatest. The two guys for Iowa that got bumped out the earliest weren’t meant to be starters. Even more sadly, the Ferrari elders just couldn’t stop being morons.

Look, Glazier busted his butt all year, but he really didn’t beat anyone of note and the B1G was really thin. Exactly what I was afraid of happened. He didn’t all of a sudden massively underperform. He just ended up wrestling in a tournament where nearly all the guys were as good or better.

I know the Ferraris have done enough to make many here not want them no matter what. I do pretty much feel that way now about Anthony. But, I am still willing to consider the NCAA Champ Ferrari if he can toe the line from now until next season and then toe it even more so through that season…

Sadly, what it actually shows is that I was pretty much correct earlier, even if my timing and delivery wasn’t the greatest. The two guys for Iowa that got bumped out the earliest weren’t meant to be starters. Even more sadly, the Ferrari elders just couldn’t stop being morons.

Look, Glazier busted his butt all year, but he really didn’t beat anyone of note and the B1G was really thin. Exactly what I was afraid of happened. He didn’t all of a sudden massively underperform. He just ended up wrestling in a tournament where nearly all the guys were as good or better.

I know the Ferraris have done enough to make many here not want them no matter what. I do pretty much feel that way now about Anthony. But, I am still willing to consider the NCAA Champ Ferrari if he can toe the line from now until next season and then toe it even more so through that season…
So you're to blame?........

james-roday-shawn-spencer.gif

Reactions: TarpHawk
Yep attitude should be this match is ending in a pin. Either I pin him or he pins me but I'm not getting taken down 8 times.
Caliendos reattacks are very effective when he can get his hips back. I hope he doesn’t come after him like last match. Try to frustrate and slow him down right away. Can’t get into a shoot out with him.

Curse of Iowa Sr year regression
First of all, ever since woods skipped the road trip that weekend, he’s never been the same. Has been alittle better each week, but doesn’t have the strength and endurance he had around the time of the SS, where he handled this guy easily. Second, he has always been a choker in NCAA’s , long before getting to Iowa.

Awful shot by Franek to lose. Ugh we're just not smart wrestlers.
The difference in athleticism in those 2 was very evident. Can’t take crap shots at guys already faster and stronger than you. I think Franek got the most out of his athletic ability, and out performed expectations coming out of high school.

So, Hawks 5th in team standings after quarters.

Do they stay there, rise or fall when all is said and done?

Two disappointing results this session.
1. Real can still wrestle to his seed.
2. Glaziet disappointing tournament
I appreciate his performance this year.
Nobody expect anything out of 197 this year.
Oh and by the way Chittum didn’t do much either

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT