ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Oct 2nd. 36 Offers So Far (incl. Chris Tadjo & Cooper Koch). 2 Scholarships Available (NOT counting PMac & Tony)

At the very least, I imagine we'd need a scholarship for Tucker. ;)
Maybe. I've seen him listed on several NBA mock drafts as a second round pick. I'd imagine that he would at least go through the draft process this spring. And if he shoots the 3 like he did in conference last year (39%), he'll likely be someone that either gets that 2nd round grade or a 2-way guarantee like AJ Green got with the Bucks.

F-cYpTNXMAAgD5M

The full text of the tweet:

New Iowa signee Chris Tadjo:

“I am happy to embark on an exciting journey at the University of Iowa. Iowa is an exceptional program with a great community, and the warmth I have experienced while interacting with the coaching staff and the players made Iowa an instant home away from home. I’m more than excited to dive into this experience and get to work.”

Reactions: perryhawk
Cooper Koch:

"I just felt like I knew that Fran was the coach I wanted to play for. With his coaching style, player development and Iowa's style of play -- getting up and down, and how fast-paced the game is -- I love that kind of basketball. I felt like it was the right fit."

"The family that the team is with the coaching staff and the managers -- it doesn't feel like you guys have known each other for a year after one season -- it'll feel like you've known each other forever."

Rivals national analyst Jason Jordan:

"I’ve been super impressed with his feel as a stretch-four. He’s a consistent knockdown shooter but he also recognizes situations and makes the right basketball play consistently, whether it’s a skip pass, a slip or setting an extra screen. He’ll need to add bulk down the line but he’s a feisty competitor in the paint, which really makes up a lot of ground. Iowa got a major steal, in my opinion, with Koch.”

The Full Story:

Tadjo is one of the more intriguing recruits Fran has had. Clearly, he has a lot of athletic ability and size, but it is hard to see which position he would play the most. I am especially interested in whether he could become an defensive stopper at a variety of positions, if he has the desire to play that role. Should be fun to watch his development.

Reactions: perryhawk
That needs to be done a little better for a highlight reel. I am very excited for both Chris and Ladji over the next couple of seasons

Tadjo seems to have a very high ceiling, and isn't the usual Fran recruit. He may take a little time to harness his skills, but he is an intriguing recruit. He seems to have the potential to play multiple positions, which could be really valuable.

Old Dominion coach Jeff Jones is retiring for health reasons. I wonder if Iowa reaches out to Caden Diggs’ coaches to see if he’d want to decommit. It sounds like Diggs is having a strong senior year and Iowa is going to need guards for next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT