ADVERTISEMENT

AAU Live Recruiting Weekend #2 April 28-30

Instead of making another post for weekend 2, I figure we can just keep this post updated.
Nike EYBL is in Phoenix
Adidas 3SSB is in Bryan, TX
Under Armor UAA is in Rock Hill, SC
New Balance NXTPro is in Wichita
NY2LA is in Louisville
RLHoops is in Indianapolis

I've tried to keep the players up to date of guys Iowa is interested in on the first post--there's bound to be more names that come up along the process.

Iowa starting off the live period with watching 2025 big Kai Rogers. I'll try and find out who's in Rock Hill today via the stream.

Hey all, last year I had fun with writing up these AAU weekend posts and following who the coaches are watching, so I figured I would do them again this year. For those that are new to this, coaches cannot go out at watch or talk in person with recruits during the summer with a few exceptions--"live" recruiting weekends are one of those times that they can, so coaches will be out around the country watching AAU games and recruiting Friday-Sunday. Last year it was pretty clear after the first few live weekends that Fran had made TJ Power, JP Estrella and a few others his priority--we all know what eventually happened with those recruitments later on, but we should have a sense of who is on top of the recruiting board after 1 or 2 of these weekends. Fran seems to like to make his priorities known to the kid by following him around--last year I don't think he missed a single game of TJ Power's all summer.

2024 recruiting is kind of at an interesting spot. We have the 2 open scholarships that may or may not be filled via the portal/Nimmers. Krikke's scholarship is earmarked for 2024 commit Cooper Koch. And of course we have 2 true seniors on this year's squad in Patrick McCaffery and Tony Perkins who both could utilize their covid year to return for the 2024-25 season.

I tried to make this list as comprehensive as possible. If you think I missed someone who we are recruiting, please let me know and I will happily edit the post and find out who they are playing AAU for.

2024s:

Nike EYBL--Atlanta, GA

New York Rens--Tyler Betsey F
Phenom University--Kon Knueppel G, Jack Daugherty F
Team Takeover--Donnie Freeman F, Nate Guerengomba G, Patrick Ngongba III F, Garrett Sundra F
Florida Rebels--Liam McNeeley F
Arizona Unity--Jovan Milicevic F
Howard Pulley--Jackson McAndrew F

Adidas 3SSB--Council Bluffs, IA
Indiana Elite--Cooper Koch F, Travis Perry G, Raleigh Burgess C (currently injured)
BABC--Caleb Middleton C
Utah Prospects--Jaxson Johnson F
Brookwood Elite--Oliver Faubert F

Under Armor--Mesa, AZ
Team Thrill--Luke Bamgboye C
KC Run GMC--TJ Williams G
Breakaway Basketball--Jason Jakstys C
Illinois Wolves--Cole Certa G, Jaheem Webber C
ProOne Basketball--Ty Davis G

NXT League--St. Louis, MO
Iowa Barnstormers--Caden Wilkins F

NY2LA--Indianapolis, IN
MidPro Academy--Braylon Roman G

2025s-- keep in mind that some of these guys may play "up" a grade with 17U ball.

EYBL

Florida Rebels--Joshua Lewis F
Bradley Beal--Jeremiah Fears G
Mean Streets--Melvin Bell G, Trey McKenney G
Indy Heat--Trent Sisley F, Jalen Haralson G
Expressions Elite--Jason Sonon G, Jaylen Harrell G
Howard Pulley--Jalen Wilson G
MacIrvinFire--Aleks Alston G
ProSkills--Hudson Greer F

3SSB
Indiana Elite--Malachi Moreno C, Dezmon Briscoe F
D1 Minnesota--Jack McCaffery F
BABC-- Erhunmwunse Oswin C
Team Loaded-- Nate Ament F
Mass Rivals--Ebuka Okorie G

UAA
Wisconsin PGC--Kai Rogers C, TJ Stutley G
KC Run GMC--Amalachi Wilkins F
Martin Bros Select--Davis Kern F, Caleb Haack F

NY2LA
MidPro Academy-- Braden Freeman F

RL Hoops--Kansas City, MO
All Iowa Attack--Trevin Jirak F
Does he really need to follow Jack McC?

Reactions: Buffalo43
Does he really need to follow Jack McC?
I mean, there’s a lot of other kids Iowa is recruiting on the Adidas circuit. Last week when I was at the event in Council Bluffs during one of Jack’s games he stood in-between 2 courts so he could watch Jack and the 16U Indiana Elite game.

Also, Jack is giving interviews saying he wants to be recruited and may not play for his dad, so yes I think it’s important that Fran makes him feel like he’s a target of Iowa’s as a whole and not just assumes he’s committing to play here. It’s why coaches are also following Cooper—I don’t have any doubt that his commitment is solid, but it’s making sure that Iowa is sending him a message that he’s still a priority.

Right now it looks like there will only be one scholarship in 2024 for a wing. According to this tweet, the staff is still in good shape with Nate Guerengomba, so they may be waiting to see on him before offering Wilkins.

Boy, if you like to get up and down and score a lot, I don't know why you'd not take a hard look at Iowa.

And that includes 5 star recruits who sometimes get lost in the shuffle at the Kentuckys and Dukes of the world.

When Fran has a star player, he's gonna get that player the ball and that player is gonna become all B1G and an All American.

I am pleased to see Fran pursuing guys like Dembele(African big men) who seem to be flocking to the US these days.
It feels like we might have more success with these recruits who might not have grown up as blueblood fans unlike US born recruits.
Go Fran go!
Unfortunately, most of these guys come attached with "Handlers" who employ some magic formula ($) to determine which blue blood to funnel these guys to.

Reactions: Bishop1971
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT