ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Softball

What's the season record for runners thrown out at home?
Saturday - Runner at 3b and ground ball to SS - Is it common to try to score on that play? I was surprised she sent her......after a stumble getting off the bag, she was out by 2 steps at home.....Well executed by MN, but surprised she went on contact.

Saturday - Runner at 3b and ground ball to SS - Is it common to try to score on that play? I was surprised she sent her......after a stumble getting off the bag, she was out by 2 steps at home.....Well executed by MN, but surprised she went on contact.
With who was coming up after (would have been two out), Jena trying to score there was probably our best shot. So much more frustrating was Bowman somehow not scoring on a great squeeze bunt Sunday in the 2nd (out by a mile). And worst of all, Jena the 1st out in the 3rd trying to score on Tori's double. She was out easy. She stay at 3rd we have 2nd & 3rd with no one out. Rule #1 - first out should never come at Home, right? Don't know who to blame. Jena is aggressive. She might have run through a stop sign there. Either of those two runs score we don't go into extras.

Reactions: Incredible Hawk
I haven't followed close enough to know the full situation on Saturday's situation. It certainly didn't help that she stumbled on the line. I was guessing that must have been their best chance to score (weaker hitters coming up), but wasn't sure. I missed Sunday's games. Wasn't sure they were going to play and didn't want to make the drive.

And an Iowa catcher again falls for the double steal. Runner on 1st takes off and Pogue guns her down. But that darn runner on 3rd comes in to score. Would like to know how many times that's happened to us in the post -Blevins era.

And an Iowa catcher again falls for the double steal. Runner on 1st takes off and Pogue guns her down. But that darn runner on 3rd comes in to score. Would like to know how many times that's happened to us in the post -Blevins era.
That's not on Pogue. Catchers should still make the throw. Infielders typically cut it off and check either one of the runners. In this case for some reason Jena conceded the run and chose to run down the person trying to steal.

Saw signs of frustration from Jena this weekend. Doesn't bode well, given the portal rules what they are, that she'll be a Hawk next season. She could start at much better programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT