ADVERTISEMENT

NW / IA PBP

Not sure if you mean to listen instead of those guys, or if you’re saying they’re both biased, so I’ll respond to both since they’re both fair points.

I almost always do listen if I can’t watch, but my stream and the radio are hard to sync up, and I usually get impatient after a commercial and give up. I’ll keep it on low in the back or pause and try to keep them together, but just didn’t feel like bouncing our newborn and trying to do all that tonight. But you are right.

If it was a bias comment, I’d just expect the TV to be a bit less so than a Hawkeye sponsored radio broadcast vs conference sponsored TV one.. 🤷‍♂️

Either way it’s not a huge deal. I just also relish the opportunity to use the name ‘twatwaffle’..
Every time I read the word, “twatwaffle,” it’s like I’m immediately put into a better mood!

Thomas got one takedown them shut down. It was odd. I was screaming for Max to take some shots in the second period, even some snaps and level changes, to get a stall warning. Fortunately it worked out.
Thomas has a history of gassing late, and Murin has really good head and hands defense. Maybe all that factored in. They don’t call stalls anymore so I try to not get mad about that anymore, but it’s hard.

If that’s the case than I really don’t understand the brands. You don’t pull a future starters shirt to fill in for a couple pointless duals. It also won’t look good for future recruits, imagine being a parent of a high level kid and thinking if you send them there they might lose a year to fill in for a nw dual lol
Something will come to the light in due time.

I wouldn’t know, I’ve never given in to the heat! 😆

I live by the wise words of the historically significant rapper, Coolio: “If you can’t take the heat, get yo’ ass out the kitchen… we on a mission!”

Jkjk
Can't spell Crap without rap. Don't ever forget it. Your lesson for today has now ended.

• Haha
Reactions: PinDoxRico
Thomas got one takedown them shut down. It was odd. I was screaming for Max to take some shots in the second period, even some snaps and level changes, to get a stall warning. Fortunately it worked out.
At Welsh-Ryan it was abundantly clear at about the 2:30 mark that Thomas was not going to be able to sustain a pace to stay ahead. It was a matter of when and how, not if, Max was going to overtake him.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Did you guys get a different angle than us on the spladle at 285? We didn’t see what prompted the PD because no joints (or carotid) seemed to be at risk, although Cass seemed almost to try to tap out at one point.

Did you guys get a different angle than us on the spladle at 285? We didn’t see what prompted the PD because no joints (or carotid) seemed to be at risk, although Cass seemed almost to try to tap out at one point.

He still had his elbow braced keeping him from going all the way over but yea, he caught a break. If it hurts roll and be pinned. Would like to hear the ref's reasoning there.

Good win for Drake. He was a little slow pushing pace in the first but picked it up. He was kinda sloppy with the slide by and got countered a couple times.

We'll see what happens at 133. Cullan has great effort but is still small and underpowered at 133 which contributes to him struggling some on bottom. Not a likely AA at this point.

Similar to what I have seen before from Bennett. Quick start but fades.

Big win from Max. Was thinking if he or Young give up an early TD to a quality guy they are going to lose and he surprised me.

Kem and Abe took care of business.

Nice major by Warner.

Cass got it done but needs to have better positional awareness. He is ending up in spots he never got into before.

He still had his elbow braced keeping him from going all the way over but yea, he caught a break. If it hurts roll and be pinned. Would like to hear the ref's reasoning there.
Pretty obvious. Cass made a face like he was in excruciating pain and they called it. Same with sticking his tongue out a couple times later so the ref would call that PD as well.
Basically wrestlings version of a flop. Soccer has now made its way into all American sports.

Reactions: gptakba
On the replay, it looked to me, like NW was pulling the leg in a way that put extra pressure on the knee. Trying to pull Cass over , but where it took the leg in a direction that was not clean and there might have been a little twist on the leg right as he called PD.

Of course it looked like Cass got bailed out, but I thought I saw movement on the leg that would explain the PD.

Do you like my Black and Gold glasses? :cool:

Reactions: artradley
Tony starts down to begin 3rd period.

Davison escapes and trails 4-3.

Davison gets stall point against for back out of the mat.

NW bench gets warning. They didn't like stall call.

1:00 left in match.

RT not a factor.

Tony looking for an angle. Tony is normally pretty good here.

Ref calls SM. What?

Brands is barking at ref. Tony was working on something.

Tony gets a TD after a flurry and wins 7-3.

Iowa wins 33-5.

My arms are tired.
Thank You!

Reactions: redbirdhawk
I’m pretty sure the kid Assad wrestled beat him at districts his senior year. Assad did beat him multiple times that year, including in the state finals, but it was never 16-0. Development

I can’t imagine Ayala is cutting all that much to make 125. DeAugustino looked way bigger for example. But if Ayala hits the weight room he could definitely fill into 133.
He can hit the weight room and fill in to 125 too, which is where he was expected to be for 2-3 years if not more. Probably depends on how Jesuroga fills out in the next couple of years, cause if you want Ayala at 133 Jesuroga better be able to hit the ground running when he hits Iowa City.

In the meantime the better scenario is that Schreiver gets bigger and better. Ybarra had a hell of H.S. resume, I'm surprised Ayala looks so much better coming in a year later.

He can hit the weight room and fill in to 125 too, which is where he was expected to be for 2-3 years if not more. Probably depends on how Jesuroga fills out in the next couple of years, cause if you want Ayala at 133 Jesuroga better be able to hit the ground running when he hits Iowa City.

In the meantime the better scenario is that Schreiver gets bigger and better. Ybarra had a hell of H.S. resume, I'm surprised Ayala looks so much better coming in a year later.
I could be wrong but I have doubts about how high the ceiling is for Ybarra. He has had some freestyle success in HS but I never thought his style was one to transition well to college. Not much mat game and his main offence was go behinds, not a very physical style. Arizona has produced some high end guys but it's not the deepest state. I really had little doubt Drake would be better and feel the same about Jesuroga.

Not sure if you mean to listen instead of those guys, or if you’re saying they’re both biased, so I’ll respond to both since they’re both fair points.

I almost always do listen if I can’t watch, but my stream and the radio are hard to sync up, and I usually get impatient after a commercial and give up. I’ll keep it on low in the back or pause and try to keep them together, but just didn’t feel like bouncing our newborn and trying to do all that tonight. But you are right.

If it was a bias comment, I’d just expect the TV to be a bit less so than a Hawkeye sponsored radio broadcast vs conference sponsored TV one.. 🤷‍♂️

Either way it’s not a huge deal. I just also relish the opportunity to use the name ‘twatwaffle’..
They pretty much call it as is. You don't get more inside baseball than with Ironside, Bo knows wrestling. BTW I was syncing with 9 day old grandson as well, tough duty.

Reactions: FarvaHawk14
I would love to see that as one of his main weapons. Spencer and Austin have gotten a lot of mileage from carries.
Agreed. That carry, the lighting fast left hand single leg, and his slide by all work off one another. He looks strong too, as soon as his snaps start moving people if he could throw in a lefty ankle pick from time to time his sweep single will almost be unstoppable with his speed getting to the leg and creating an angle.

I knew drake had an elite single coming into college, I did not expect this much offensive diversity. He’s only going to get better, but damn he’s impressive for a freshman. He’s a freaking dynamo.

speaking of weight cutting and 125. Anyone see Suriano lately? Yeesh he looks so skinny, as in unhealthy skinny.

I would love to see that as one of his main weapons. Spencer and Austin have gotten a lot of mileage from carries.
My dad has been the youth wrestling coach (as well as JH and HS Asst.) at Mediapolis for 33 years now and he is huge on teaching a carry series and a ton of Mepo guys over the years have that as one of their primary “go-to’s” in their arsenals. In fact, one of the things Brennan has had to try to get used to since HS is not being so dependent on that move as being an “ace in the hole” at all times, for wrestlers at the collegiate level know how to defend it rather naturally when executed to the conventional side. And through all these years, we have had countless awesome “carry guys” go through the program at Mepo and I don’t recall many of them being fluent at executed to the opposite side (except for maybe Cole Erickson or Steve Holloway) and holy cow… the way I see Ayala and Desanto make that work at the D1 level amazes me. I mean, the reason why we haven’t seen many people with an “opposite side” carry in their arsenal at Mepo is likely because it feels more “foreign” to execute it for most of them… However, if they are able to work through that early phase of developing that move/series to the opposite side, holy cow what a weapon it is…because it feels just as “foreign” for an opponent trying to defend it when it’s hit on them. Kind of like how a left-sided sag headlock works better than a right-handed sag. Hopefully the entire squad is taking notes on how effective that series is for Desanto and Ayala.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT