ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Starting Oline

What about all these young Olinemen that are on the roster? Is it stubbornness by the staff that none of them see the field, or are they just not that good that we are seeing basically the same line?
If none of the young bucks can breakout this year and supplant some of the old heads then that spells doom and gloom for the future of Iowa football. I honestly can't believe the staff invited DeJong back for a sixth year.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
LT-Richman
LG-Dejong
C-Jones
RG-Colby
RT-Dunker

The coaches have an obsession with Dejong. My hope is Elsbury supplants him at LG or a Tackle like Dotzler or Lauck emerges and can kick Richman inside
Probably right on with this lineup and you're right that the coaches are obsessed with DeJong.

Richman and DeJong have been our biggest turnstyles. Wouldn't it make sense to move them to the right side? I have to think Dunker > Richman and Colby > DeJong.

Probably right on with this lineup and you're right that the coaches are obsessed with DeJong.

Richman and DeJong have been our biggest turnstyles. Wouldn't it make sense to move them to the right side? I have to think Dunker > Richman and Colby > DeJong.
I do believe DeJong was hurt a good chunk of the season more than we knew. He had a shoulder or elbow issue.

So, you REALLY don’t think the Biden family isn’t/hasn’t taken bribes from China and other foreign entities?!? I don’t know why they would need approx 20 LLCs, unless they were trying to hide the flow of funds. But I digress…
What i think... who cares what i think. Or you. Havent seen evidence or charges of anything Choir Boy Joe is involved in. Huh... youd have thunk with such startling charges , charges would have been made, or evidence provided. Guess its another nothingburger conspiracy theory...

hopeless-disappointed.gif

Back to the OL and not politics. Does Cody Fox come in and have a chance to play??
I'd love to see him be the next stud OT at Iowa, but it's very hard to come in and start as a frosh at this level. Perhaps work him in the rotation at OG this year, if he shows the necessary aptitude.

Lauck is up to 305. He came in around 290 last year. He still needs to put on good weight of strength. Hés 6-5, 305 and he looks skinny. Coaching staff wants him at 320.
No reason he can't put on 8-10 good lbs between now and Aug 1st.

Showing your maturity by support the biggest immature moron on the planet.
I’d much rather have an “immature moron” than a dementia-stricken robot that cares more about discussing the supposed existence of White privilage than he does the safety of this country and its tax-payers.

It’s a no-fu*king brainer between JB and DT.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong and some crow too. I just can't see KP becoming a better athlete. He's peaked and has a poor work ethic. Definitely can't see him going in the draft.
Predicting he won't even be on the same level as Wirfs and Scherff.

Reactions: Bishop-71
Is this what it’s going to be like the rest of the year? Someone starts an interesting topic and it’s infected by politics/name calling? Not just one topic but nearly all of them. It’s tedious. Let me know now, so I can take my talents somewhere else. Sigh.

I've seen him play multiple times. I'll definitely take our tackle than him. He's lazy and quits on plays. Misses blocks and has terrible form
Richman is one of the very worst tackles I have ever seen at Iowa. I am in no means a Proctor fan but he was better than Richman as a high school Sophomore. Richman is that bad. At least give us someone that a defensive lineman will be slowed up by instead of a guy that absolutely whiffs on numerous occasions per game.

Nothing Earth shattering here, but hearing from my source at practices that the D-line still looks head and shoulders above our O-line in practice and that at times coaches need to shuffle some of the Dline in order to have the Oline do what they want to do. Quarterback, as we know, is a glaring issue. This person said that the offense does look much better scheme wise. Said we do a lot of motion each play and are doing more misdirection. Didn’t get anything on specifics of who looks good or not.

Nothing Earth shattering here, but hearing from my source at practices that the D-line still looks head and shoulders above our O-line in practice and that at times coaches need to shuffle some of the Dline in order to have the Oline do what they want to do. Quarterback, as we know, is a glaring issue. This person said that the offense does look much better scheme wise. Said we do a lot of motion each play and are doing more misdirection. Didn’t get anything on specifics of who looks good or not.
Keep it coming if you can, thanks!

I can tell you who doesn't look good. Richman, Dejong and Jones about half the time. If those are truly going to be our starters we can expect turnstiles at several positions again and more of the same offensive shortcomings because the qb's and rb's won't have time to do anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT