ADVERTISEMENT

2025 recruiting thread

Tompkins was not a situation like Brix this year, let's put that to rest. However, there are much larger fish for Iowa to go after, that is absolutely for certain. Iowa went hard after Manske and offered early. Xzavion Robinson is going to sting a bit, that is a kid who has been reposting all of Proctors commitment to Iowa, and he will put up numbers if he stays healthy. He looks like Dejean did on the basketball court.
They can do better than Manske.

There are numerous posters on here that complain just to complain. They complain win or lose. Not everybody is a good fit for the Hawks and that's OK.

We have a commitment from the #2, #9, and a shot at #1 and #5 for the 2025 class. We got 7 of the top 8 in swarm 2024 so we are doing just fine. Clone fans under the guise of being Hawk fans are always looking to stir the pot on this site. They are always bad mouthing Kirk because they want him gone. He is 8-2 the last ten years and it is killing them

Last edited:
For those that feel like making this a positivity/feelings thread, gtfo. This is the one spot where recruiting info isn’t lambasted with bullshit from other spots

Reactions: ClarindaA's
There are numerous posters on here that complain just to complain. They complain win or lose. Not everybody is a good fit for the Hawks and that's OK.

We have a commitment from the #2, #9, and a shot at #1 and #5 for the 2025 class. We got 7 of the top 8 in swarm 2024 so we are doing just fine. Clone fans under the guise of being Hawk fans are always looking to stir the pot on this site. They are always bad mouthing Kirk because they want him gone. He is 8-2 the last ten years and it is killing them

I remember when Campbell was hired and all the clone fans talking about isu being more attractive and winning in state recruiting battles. and yes they’ve obviously gotten some here and there but Iowa still wins majority of the recruiting battles and gets more of the top in state higher ranked prospects. Isu will always be little brother on and off the field.

I remember when Campbell was hired and all the clone fans talking about isu being more attractive and winning in state recruiting battles. and yes they’ve obviously gotten some here and there but Iowa still wins majority of the recruiting battles and gets more of the top in state higher ranked prospects. Isu will always be little brother on and off the field.
Iowa also wins most of the games between the two schools.

It has been more than back and forth lately. Iowa dominated in 2024, but 2023 was just the opposite. 2022, Iowa pulled in the top tier guys, but it was 4-4 in the top 10. 2021 was nominated by Iowa.

It has been more than back and forth lately. Iowa dominated in 2024, but 2023 was just the opposite. 2022, Iowa pulled in the top tier guys, but it was 4-4 in the top 10. 2021 was nominated by Iowa.

Just looking at the top 10 without any context is dumb. How many of the top 10 guys that Iowa State got was Iowa also seriously recruiting at the time they committed to Iowa State?

Reactions: GHawk
Just looking at the top 10 without any context is dumb. How many of the top 10 guys that Iowa State got was Iowa also seriously recruiting at the time they committed to Iowa State?
Yeah, in both the years listed as ISU taking four of the top ten, Iowa offered three of them.

Also, a point of context, in 2023 a legacy 4 star in-state QB was a pretty big factor.

The second point is in the “excuses” department, but it definitely provides context.

Let me help ya, click on those links, followed by clicking on their names

Let me help ya, click on those links, followed by clicking on their names
That works well if you’re simple enough to think that every person who had an offer would still have their commitment accepted by the school that made the offer. Example Marco Lainez committed to Iowa months before JJ Kohl committed to Iowa State. Are we to believe that Iowa was still recruiting JJ Kohl when he committed to Iowa State?

I renewed my tickets for another year, creeping up on 40 years as a season ticket holder. I don't call that being a blind optimist, just a loyal fan, who loves the Hawks. Over that time, we have logged thousands of miles driving and even more flying, plus countless hotel stays to cheer on the hawks. Fortunately we have had many more ups than downs. So I'll continue supporting all Hawkeye sports because it is ingrained in my soul!

I renewed my tickets for another year, creeping up on 40 years as a season ticket holder. I don't call that being a blind optimist, just a loyal fan, who loves the Hawks. Over that time, we have logged thousands of miles driving and even more flying, plus countless hotel stays to cheer on the hawks. Fortunately we have had many more ups than downs. So I'll continue supporting all Hawkeye sports because it is ingrained in my soul!
I hope to do a full season home and away when I become retired. Think that would be fun to do once. right now we do the home games and maybe one closer away game.

I hope to do a full season home and away when I become retired. Think that would be fun to do once. right now we do the home games and maybe one closer away game.
We always do at least two away games each year. OSU and MSU will be our away games this year. Both will be significantly closer than our drive to Iowa City from NE Ohio.

Reactions: pistachio1999
they offered 4 days ago.

Thompkins doesn't have an Iowa offer. If you go to the offer page it doesn't show him with an offer either. He grew up a Hawk fan. If Iowa would have offered, he would have committed here. I think he got tired of waiting, so he took the ISU offer because he wants to play close to home. We'll see if he switches if Iowa does eventually offer, but i wouldn't be surprised if he stays with ISU because they've done a good job recruiting him while Iowa has kept him on the back burner which is crazy considering he's a hawk fan and the offers that he already has, and how bad our offensive line has been. we need all the help we can get

Thompkins doesn't have an Iowa offer. If you go to the offer page it doesn't show him with an offer either. He grew up a Hawk fan. If Iowa would have offered, he would have committed here. I think he got tired of waiting, so he took the ISU offer because he wants to play close to home. We'll see if he switches if Iowa does eventually offer, but i wouldn't be surprised if he stays with ISU because they've done a good job recruiting him while Iowa has kept him on the back burner which is crazy considering he's a hawk fan and the offers that he already has, and how bad our offensive line has been. we need all the help we can get
literally go to his timeline, it shows an offer from Iowa on the 5th and the 9th.

We always do at least two away games each year. OSU and MSU will be our away games this year. Both will be significantly closer than our drive to Iowa City from NE Ohio.
You in Cleveland or Akron? Make an annual trip to see a supplier in Akron for meetings and some golf at a nice little golf complex in town.

I live South of Akron. If you want to play a really nice publc course in the area, try Turkey Foot Golf Course. Bad knees so don't play anymore, but it is a nice track.

literally go to his timeline, it shows an offer from Iowa on the 5th and the 9th.

and out of all places that is the only place it shows he got an offer is on the timeline & shows 2 different dates so i find that skeptical. But if you scroll down, it doesn't show an offer in the list. And every other site says no offer & a person i know close the situation says there hasn't been an offer, so i guess i'll go with that over what the timeline says for an offer on 2 different dates

and out of all places that is the only place it shows he got an offer is on the timeline & shows 2 different dates so i find that skeptical. But if you scroll down, it doesn't show an offer in the list. And every other site says no offer & a person i know close the situation says there hasn't been an offer, so i guess i'll go with that over what the timeline says for an offer on 2 different dates
Does it really matter? Whether he did or didn't really doesn't matter. Hawks have offers out to a lot of solid prospects.

So the kid is lying?

I find that less plausible than weaz05 says he knows somebody close to the situation.

So the kid is lying?

I find that less plausible than weaz05 says he knows somebody close to the situation.

I didn't know the kid updates the rivals site.... or maybe rivals has it wrong. wow what a concept. no other sports site has him listed with an offer from iowa except rivals. Sorry if i find that suspicious and could possibly be wrong or incorrect. And i'll be the first to say that maybe i'm wrong too, but i don't think so.

Or maybe iowa did offer right before he committed to isu and we got in too late, but from what i've heard, iowa hasn't offered. I hope they do and its not too late, but maybe that is the case either way

I didn't know the kid updates the rivals site.... or maybe rivals has it wrong. wow what a concept. no other sports site has him listed with an offer from iowa except rivals. Sorry if i find that suspicious and could possibly be wrong or incorrect. And i'll be the first to say that maybe i'm wrong too, but i don't think so.

Or maybe iowa did offer right before he committed to isu and we got in too late, but from what i've heard, iowa hasn't offered. I hope they do and its not too late, but maybe that is the case either way
He himself said Iowa offered him. That is how rivals, 24/7 etc. get their information.

They haven’t updated it.

You don’t have to believe him.

He himself said Iowa offered him. That is how rivals, 24/7 etc. get their information.

They haven’t updated it.

You don’t have to believe him.
Where did he say he got the Iowa offer? He never tweeted that Iowa offered but did for a bunch of other schools.

I live South of Akron. If you want to play a really nice publc course in the area, try Turkey Foot Golf Course. Bad knees so don't play anymore, but it is a nice track.
I assume its solid Ohio State fans around you. What's their vibe toward Iowa there?

I wear my hawk stuff around here all the time. Actually, fans here are very easy going. For what it's worth, we have something in common. We don't like Michigan! Hardly a week goes by, that somebody doesn't say go Hawks.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I wear my hawk stuff around here all the time. Actually, fans here are very easy going. For what it's worth, we have something in common. We don't like Michigan! Hardly a week goes by, that somebody doesn't say go Hawks.
That was my experience the one time we went to a game in Columbus. Never had anyone make any snide remarks. Generally just asked questions about the team. Of course we got tucked up top of the end zone.

Upcoming weeks could hopefully land a few more commits.

June 9th:
Iose Epensena
Gregory Thomas

June 21:
Thomas Meyer
Nick Brooks
Chris McCorkle
Carson Cooney
Brock Heath
Burke Gautcher
Joey VanWetzinga
Lucas Allgeyer
Cameron Herron
Jimmy Sullivan
Eli Johnson
Josh Johnson
Christian Hudson
Mason Ellens
Braylon Collier

Upcoming weeks could hopefully land a few more commits.

June 9th:
Iose Epensena
Gregory Thomas

June 21:
Thomas Meyer
Nick Brooks
Chris McCorkle
Carson Cooney
Brock Heath
Burke Gautcher
Joey VanWetzinga
Lucas Allgeyer
Cameron Herron
Jimmy Sullivan
Eli Johnson
Josh Johnson
Christian Hudson
Mason Ellens
Braylon Collier
Why is Brooks coming, and why is the staff wasting time? He has "disrespect" written all over him.

• Haha
Reactions: weaz05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT