ADVERTISEMENT

3/31 Midwestern Severe Weather Outbreak thread - High Risk in Iowa

Lots of hail and my backyard is flooded in the D

77-EBC6-EA-FE06-4-A87-8-DAC-0207-C09-C1464.png

@jamesvanderwulf how are things looking for you? Looks like Hills took a direct hit

We're good here, thanks for your concern. It destroyed some of the homes in the far NW corner of town. Casey's damaged and some of the 12 units I helped build. Power lines downed just west of the sand road and lots of damage on the Robertson farm, just north of the old Dave Long building. Did you make it to old 218 today? I went through about noon and didn't see any bikes. I would have stopped and introduced myself...

The amount of live tornados I saw on tv today was insane...KGAN Road Warrior had the Brooklyn one develop live, had the Coralville one and then another later in West Branch...

Today was unlike anything I've seen with most of the afternoon having 3-4 confirmed tornados on the ground at the same time.

The amount of live tornados I saw on tv today was insane...KGAN Road Warrior had the Brooklyn one develop live, had the Coralville one and then another later in West Branch...

Today was unlike anything I've seen with most of the afternoon having 3-4 confirmed tornados on the ground at the same time.
Yep. It was bonkers.

This system was HYPED up big time, and totally lived up to the hype. Absolutely nuts.

We're good here, thanks for your concern. It destroyed some of the homes in the far NW corner of town. Casey's damaged and some of the 12 units I helped build. Power lines downed just west of the sand road and lots of damage on the Robertson farm, just north of the old Dave Long building. Did you make it to old 218 today? I went through about noon and didn't see any bikes. I would have stopped and introduced myself...

Good to hear! I saw some video of the NW side of town and it looked nasty.

I did make it down, but didn't realize Hills now has Food Truck Fridays so ended up getting a pizza and just heading north ASAP. Figured it was best to just get home and not mess around as I tend to get lost in the tap occasionally!

Modern tv meteorology is also amazing. They show down to the block level where and when rotation is happening. Very helpful.
They take a beating, but the job these on-air weather pros do is fantastic, I watched CBS2 and Rebecca K went wall to wall and had composure and nailed it, covering several significant storms and debris balls, I'm sure the other channels did the same...the environment is changing but luckily technology is keeping up with it.

They take a beating, but the job these on-air weather pros do is fantastic, I watched CBS2 and Rebecca went wall to wall and had composure and nailed it, covering several significant storms and debris balls, I'm sure the other channels did the same...the environment is changing but luckily technology is keeping up with it.
Storm nights were actually very satisfying when I was in the biz. Feels good to help people stay safe and the teamwork behind the scenes is a big part of it too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT