ADVERTISEMENT

3 FL Defenders

Simbahawk4

All-Conference
Aug 11, 2018
The light appears to be getting brighter for “fb practice” to actually take place 6/8 (WOW..a month ago that wasn’t looking so promising for 2020)!! Just for fun wanted to project some of Iowa’s young Florida talent and their ceiling? Also might any switch positions?

- D Belton: Caught my attention vs MN..really good closing speed, not afraid to put his nose on the numbers, wraped up on his tackles. Against USC almost recovered the fumble that Neimann caused (the booth over ruled call although even Joe Klatt said the “review folks” missed it that it was a fumble) non the less Belton once again showed his quickness and tackling ability, really tracts the ball exceptionally for a young player. Overall didn’t look out of place for a true frosh. Projected “ceiling” 1st Team All Big. I believe PP will audition for depth at “Cash” however will pencil in Belton as starter because he’s demonstrated enough of the required skills.
- Jeudy: Wondering if he’s related to Jerry Jeady WR? Was a true freshman LB last yr out of Ft. Lauderdale not sure how many of the 4 allotted games he played in however he went from 205 to 225 in weight gain..very impressive! This yr hopefully he’s on as many ST’s spots as possible!? In 1-2 yr’s competes for a starting LB position.
- McCall: Last yr true freshman DE out of Pensacola, now listed at 6-3 230. Not sure how many of the 4 allotted games he played in last yr?! Besides OL, DL is the second most important position on the field (games are won or lost inside) and you can never have enough talent either at DT/DE!! Interesting prospect hopefully he’s getting in the film room & weight room. His HS film was impressive really good “get off” at times splitting the blockers with a good motor! Project this yr ST’s and 2021 competing for rotation spot at DE. Who knows, if he could put on 35-40 pounds and make the switch inside in 2 yrs!?

Belton is only one who saw game action Jeudy and McCall did not play. I would guess they may see special team action in 2020. The depth at LB will limit playing time.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Belton is only one who saw game action Jeudy and McCall did not play. I would guess they may see special team action in 2020. The depth at LB will limit playing time.
hey SLarew, do you have a brother named mark?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT