ADVERTISEMENT

40 minutes

No, they aren’t. But, after a certain date, they would need to hide that they own it, or be subject to legal action. And, the ATF could investigate ammo sales, etc if necessary.
So much for taking it to the range. Even letting someone know you owned one would be a risk.
There is no quick solution. It’s going to take a generation to accomplish, at least.
Maybe the ATF should just have a gun registry.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Threatening to taser parents who were willing to go inside and do something.

I look at those officers with rifles draped over their shoulders facing the crowd instead of inside.
They have bought into militarization of law enforcement, but seem unaware of the need for immediate action.

Just like the folks on the 911 flight that went down in Pennsylvania, they should have grabbed every available tool or resource, yelled “Let’s roll!!” and breached the walls. “Full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes.”

The world is upside down.

If a teacher propped the door open, retrieved something from his/her car and then reentered the school they would have unpropped the door. If the teacher was still outside there was an unattended classroom somewhere in the building. Did they show the video evidence at the presser?
I don't know, was listening only. They were definitely showing something, I don't know what. Sounded as if they were discussing surveillance video to me.

I realize you have skin in the game as a teacher, but again, nobody is focusing on the teacher.

Absolutely nobody.

And nobody is focusing on the door...........
So the person who has said the teacher should be punished for leaving the door propped open (if she’s not dead) isn’t focusing on the teacher or the door? Odd take.

Reactions: HawkNester
Republicans would rather our schools be built like prisons as opposed to doing a single thing about guns.
They are already like prison's, BECAUSE of what people have done with guns in them.

My granddaughters school is a double entrance location with the first being open, the second being a buzz through. All other doors are locked. I'm kind of assuming all schools in the country are somewhat similar at this stage, making them kinda like prisons.

FYI: I agree that there has to be some national (do not leave it to the states), sensible, gun control laws put in place.

At this point the resident numbnuts want to focus on anything but the guns that were involved.
I think you need to take a break.

You are the one making this about the door. You brought it up.

You are the one making this about the teacher. You continue to bring that up.

You are the one that refuses to listen to any form of reason. You.

If this is to hot a topic for you, and I can completely understand how it might be, step away and come back later. Because right now, you are making it difficult for everyone here.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
I think you need to take a break.

You are the one making this about the door. You brought it up.

You are the one making this about the teacher. You continue to bring that up.

You are the one that refuses to listen to any form of reason. You.

If this is to hot a topic for you, and I can completely understand how it might be, step away and come back later. Because right now, you are making it difficult for everyone here.
Mike, I was not the first one to bring the focus to the door or teacher. I’ve just been pointing out how irresponsible it is to even bring this up. You even mentioned the door as being a problem.

It's settled law that a gun registry is unconstitutional. Congratulations.
But...why exactly? Serious question.

We register boats, motorcycles, ATV's, Quads, Cars, trucks, semi's, what else? Boat motors in Texas.....work trailers, boat trailers, home made trailers.....

So why is is unconstitutional to register something that can literally take your life?

As a responsible gun owner, I'm okay with a registry. I'm not okay with paying a registration fee, but I am okay with a registry.

I look at those officers with rifles draped over their shoulders facing the crowd instead of inside.
They have bought into militarization of law enforcement, but seem unaware of the need for immediate action.

Just like the folks on the 911 flight that went down in Pennsylvania, they should have grabbed every available tool or resource, yelled “Let’s roll!!” and breached the walls. “Full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes.”

The world is upside down.
How many officers, exactly, do you want inside that hallway? How many need to be inside the school? Those officers were following orders to secure the perimeter and maintain the crime scene. Nothing more. The parents were concerned, rightfully so. But you CAN NOT allow a civilian, with a weapon, to enter a scene where a civilian with a weapon has already been taking human life! We already know that mistakes were made. Big mistakes. Keeping parents out of harms way is not one of them.

This isn't hard people, good grief!

Being on a hijacked plane is way different! Its why I always take the aisle. If I'm going down, I'm going down fighting.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
But...why exactly? Serious question.

We register boats, motorcycles, ATV's, Quads, Cars, trucks, semi's, what else? Boat motors in Texas.....work trailers, boat trailers, home made trailers.....

So why is is unconstitutional to register something that can literally take your life?

As a responsible gun owner, I'm okay with a registry. I'm not okay with paying a registration fee, but I am okay with a registry.
Personally, I don't think it's any of the governments business what I own nor should they be able to tax me on items I've purchased.

How many officers, exactly, do you want inside that hallway? How many need to be inside the school? Those officers were following orders to secure the perimeter and maintain the crime scene. Nothing more. The parents were concerned, rightfully so. But you CAN NOT allow a civilian, with a weapon, to enter a scene where a civilian with a weapon has already been taking human life! We already know that mistakes were made. Big mistakes. Keeping parents out of harms way is not one of them.

This isn't hard people, good grief!

Being on a hijacked plane is way different! Its why I always take the aisle. If I'm going down, I'm going down fighting.
Wish they had allowed a Cop in who was willing to engage the shooter. One of those 19 should have said F this.

Last edited:
The teacher leaving the door propped open was the first mistake he listed. But hey, NOBODY is focusing on that!
I listed that...........my god! It was me!

And it was a general list of mistakes made throughout the course of the day/timeline.

I'm saying this for the last time! Just because I listed it #1 doesn't mean its the worst mistake made. There is protocol that should be followed, apparently, in schools. Door securement is one of those protocols. NO BODY, should be leaving an external door unlocked, NO BODY.

I guarantee you wouldn't have done it. I guarantee Hawk wouldn't have done it. And I guarantee the person that did do it never thought in a million years that someone with a gun was coming that day, in that window of time, in that moment.......to do what he did. NO BODY would ever think anything other than, "I just need to run to my car quick"......

That doesn't make it right, that doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake.

Everyone clear on that now?

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Mike, I was not the first one to bring the focus to the door or teacher. I’ve just been pointing out how irresponsible it is to even bring this up. You even mentioned the door as being a problem.
See my last post. It was a problem, one that I'm certain whatever individual was responsible, will have a hard time living with.

It was a mistake. Kinda like a slow go through a 4-way in front of a cop, or over cooking the pork roast. It was a mistake. And only hindsight could prevent it.

Did it cause the shooter to do what he did? No! and no one is saying that or making that the focus.

It was a mistake. A very sad mistake.

Who said that?
Jesus, seriously?
JFC. What is wrong with you? Of course that was a problem. That's how the guy got in.

Security measures are put in place for a reason. One of those measures was disregarded and it allowed an intruder easy access.

What are you talking about?

It sounds like a random teacher propped a door open. Are you now suggesting one of the deceased propped the door open?

Regardless, what you have clearly stated is that you and other teachers routinely prop doors open and thus disregard security protocol. You should be disciplined for that.

Any teacher who violates security protocols in today's environment should face discipline.

We should all be able to agree on that.
Maybe you need to take a break?

Reactions: HawkNester
Personally, I don't think it's any of the governments business what I own nor should they be able to tax me on items I've purchased.
They make it their business by taxing everything. Heck, we pay taxes on the money we earn. We pay more taxes on the things we buy with that already taxed money, and then hey, for good measure, lets put a fee on licenses and registrations that are annually renewable, just because we can.

Oh, and least I forget, the $1000 a month I pay in property tax for the house I BOUGHT!

But, taxes are another story altogether, isn't it?!! Not exactly answering the question I asked.

We are already doing it with everything else, but guns, so what makes it unconstitutional?

Jesus, seriously?

Maybe you need to take a break?
Ok, I many have missed the last one........

He was only siding with me, agreeing that, protocol had been broken and that using that door did allow for the gunman to easily access the building.

Again, it was a mistake. Hindsight is what it is.

Someone else pointed out that a complete investigation will bring about "teachable" moments in all this. It will not change what happened and it will not bring back the dead.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
They make it their business by taxing everything. Heck, we pay taxes on the money we earn. We pay more taxes on the things we buy with that already taxed money, and then hey, for good measure, lets put a fee on licenses and registrations that are annually renewable, just because we can.

Oh, and least I forget, the $1000 a month I pay in property tax for the house I BOUGHT!

But, taxes are another story altogether, isn't it?!! Not exactly answering the question I asked.

We are already doing it with everything else, but guns, so what makes it unconstitutional?
Whatever judge that has been bought to interpret the Constitution a certain way.

They are already like prison's, BECAUSE of what people have done with guns in them.

My granddaughters school is a double entrance location with the first being open, the second being a buzz through. All other doors are locked. I'm kind of assuming all schools in the country are somewhat similar at this stage, making them kinda like prisons.

FYI: I agree that there has to be some national (do not leave it to the states), sensible, gun control laws put in place.
Most schools in our region are not single buildings, but rather like a campus. There is all kinds of back and forth between buildings thru out the day. Many, many educational facilities across our country are similar.
Locking down buildings is a “treats the symptom” reaction.
What is the cause that continues to make victims sick?

I've been assured for weeks on end that a right to privacy is in the constitution.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Most schools in our region are not single buildings, but rather like a campus. There is all kinds of back and forth between buildings thru out the day. Many, many educational facilities across our country are similar.
Locking down buildings is a “treats the symptom” reaction.
What is the cause that continues to make victims sick?
My daughter and granddaughter were just at our house. I asked my daughter how O's school was setup for entrance. She told me about the double entry, locked doors. Then she went on to say that in the Argyle school district, some teachers are armed and carrying. Some do not. They also have a designated "Dad Patrol" where random dads volunteer to do perimeter surveillance and security?

First I had heard about the teachers being armed or the volunteers.

Reactions: NCHawk5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT