ADVERTISEMENT

$400,000 / Year + a Car

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Good thing we don't need a point guard!!

This is what the Miami Hurricane alumni/boosters are paying.

Before he originally committed to K-State in June, 2019, Iowa had shown interest but never offered.

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
Iowa, Iowa State, and similar schools have a choice. Big Donors + fans collectively raise the funds to keep up with the big boys or their schools become developmental programs for those who can/will.

MSP Recovery, LLC and LifeWallet, based in Miami, FL, must have a lot of money to burn. These are health care companies.

It's amazing, isn't it? These players enter the transfer portal and then select the school with the most money to offer.

NIL deals should not be given until they are on campus, and have played. A majority of these guys won't earn the money. They just won't pan out... Then the guys that do, won't get a good enough deal, because the money is gone.

Then, what happens to the athletic department's coffers?? That money is going to the players. How do facilities get updated? What a mess.

I don't want to make this political but given all we have heard about for years is healthcare reform at what point is someone going to ask the question if NIL is proper for health care companies.

I think the same thing of Rocket Mortgage. Would my interest rate be lower if they were not paying MSU players?

Insurance, banking, healthcare are highly regulated industries, will the oversight groups get involved soon?

Big can of worms will open at some point.

Ncaa is loving this. For yrs people were arguing that players should be paid because of the amount of $ they were bringing in. So, instead of the ncaa giving in and actually giving the players a piece of the pie they've come up with NIL so that the big donors can pay the players. Genius move on their part, sucks it will destroy any integrity that college athletics had left tho

I don't want to make this political but given all we have heard about for years is healthcare reform at what point is someone going to ask the question if NIL is proper for health care companies.

I think the same thing of Rocket Mortgage. Would my interest rate be lower if they were not paying MSU players?

Insurance, banking, healthcare are highly regulated industries, will the oversight groups get involved soon?

Msu isn’t tied to rocket mortage.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
NIL deals should not be given until they are on campus, and have played. A majority of these guys won't earn the money. They just won't pan out... Then the guys that do, won't get a good enough deal, because the money is gone.

Then, what happens to the athletic department's coffers?? That money is going to the players. How do facilities get updated? What a mess.
Facilities are already at absurd levels. Schools can wait to give NIL money to players when they reach campus. They just aren’t going to get any top ranked recruits because other schools will give them money. Just simple capitalism. A lot of employers would love to pay new employees minimum wage until they see the employee is good. Good luck getting any good new employees under such a formula.

It's well on it way

What I find interesting is that Miami is being completely transparent; they have acknowledged that the NIL deal was signed at the same time as him committing to the school, so you can't tell me the Athletic Dept was not working with this company.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the ORIGINAL intent of NIL was to have the kid signed FIRST (and on campus?) and the NIL deal to follow.

This is worse than the Wild, Wild West. There appears to no longer be any rules.

And what does this do with the Adidas / FBI scandal? Bill Self, Sean Miller, and Bruce Pearl have to be smiling somewhere.

UnitedHealthcare is based in Minneapolis.

The first 3 months of this year their profit was over $5 billion.

Their former CEO is a billionaire. He owns the Minnesota United Football club.

Health insurance is such a scam; I am sure we all have or know of cases where you/someone was surprised with a bill. The insurance companies do their best to deny care and even when they don't, they try to pass along a copay or a coinsurance to the insured.

It’s Ohio State. Their offer was $250,000. Purdue is behind on NIL.
At some point you have to wonder if BigTen schools that can’t keep up with NIL will want to start using their TV money to get players. In terms of NIL, Miami may be able to offer more than Purdue. But in terms of TV money, Miami has much less than Purdue. As of today it’s still against the rules for the school to pay the players but I have to think the Supreme Court wouldn’t uphold that.

UnitedHealthcare is based in Minneapolis.

The first 3 months of this year their profit was over $5 billion.

Their former CEO is a billionaire. He owns the Minnesota United Football club.

Health insurance is such a scam; I am sure we all have or know of cases where you/someone was surprised with a bill. The insurance companies do their best to deny care and even when they don't, they try to pass along a copay or a coinsurance to the insured.
Read you policy. Ask questions. You won't have those issues

Likely Painter. Purdue has essentially been looking at 1 transfer, Pack, because it has pretty much been Purdue until Miami came with the offer.

Does Purdue have any NIL Collective set up yet by boosters/alumni?

Do you know if any NIL deal was offered to this kid by Purdue's boosters?

Just curious, because this is all insane, imo.

Read you policy. Ask questions. You won't have those issues

then explain how a preventative procedure that was supposed to be $0 cost ended up having a $400 copay because the procedure was done at an ambulatory surgical center. I had never heard of and had no idea what an ambulatory surgical center was. Do you?

then explain, when getting questions answered in writing in Dec 2020 on what the cost will be, it ends up being much more expensive in 2022. United Healthcare did not honor what they quoted in writing; they did not even acknowledge that they had made a mistake.

there are more examples, not just from me, but by anyone reading this forum.

Pack is probably the top guy in the portal with a 19pt average.
Hunter of ISU now assumes that position and should profit handsomely as the bidding intensifies.

Iowa, Iowa State, and similar schools have a choice. Big Donors + fans collectively raise the funds to keep up with the big boys or their schools become developmental programs for those who can/will.
“I chose Miami because Coach L is a great coach and he allows his guards to get up and down and play with lots of freedom.”

I wonder if he actually said this with a straight face.

Correct me if I am wrong but in normal recruiting (ie, Fran is working on the 2023 class right now) and in recruiting transfer portal players, this is what is happening at some schools and is all now legal:

* The coaching staff recruits the kid, emphasizing the normal stuff: their style of play, academics, facilities..........................and then the possible NIL money.

* The coaching staff then leaves the room and then the NIL folks have a separate conversation on what money the kid will earn if he signs with the school. The NIL paperwork is given to the kid so it can be looked over by the parents and their attorneys. If they like the deal or deals, they sign the contract (or contracts), inform the head coach they would like to now commit, and it's all a done deal.

Does Purdue have any NIL Collective set up yet by boosters/alumni?

Do you know if any NIL deal was offered to this kid by Purdue's boosters?

Just curious, because this is all insane, imo.
They have one, but I think it's in the process of being setup still. Idk if they offered.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Correct me if I am wrong but in normal recruiting (ie, Fran is working on the 2023 class right now) and in recruiting transfer portal players, this is what is happening at some schools and is all now legal:

* The coaching staff recruits the kid, emphasizing the normal stuff: their style of play, academics, facilities..........................and then the possible NIL money.

* The coaching staff then leaves the room and then the NIL folks have a separate conversation on what money the kid will earn if he signs with the school. The NIL paperwork is given to the kid so it can be looked over by the parents and their attorneys. If they like the deal or deals, they sign the contract (or contracts), inform the head coach they would like to now commit, and it's all a done deal.
I assume that is correct.

I just wonder if he would have chosen the wonderful coach and style if there was no NIL money. :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️;)

They have one, but I think it's in the process of being setup still. Idk if they offered.

thank you.

it will be interesting to see if Purdue boosters offered any deals and what they added up to.

i wonder what car he will be driving, too. and did they flat out give him the car or will it be like a lease, where the value of that car deal is whatever the lease payments would be over the 2 years (but he pays nothing, of course). if it's a lease type deal where he returns the car in 2 years, the value of that deal could be $15,000 or more over 2 years, based on the vehicle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT