ADVERTISEMENT

$400,000 / Year + a Car

N. Pack was totally committed to HCBW.
When he blossomed after after he committed, he remained loyal to HCBW.
When he saw what was going (went) down between (most of the) fans & HCBW, he just couldn't stay.
Also the Octagon was (almost) empty as conference play wore on.
Had we had just hung on to > (the other) Hawks @ home then perhaps HCBW would have been coaching another year.
& N .Pack would have been (on his way) to breaking the KSU record behind the arc.
HCJT wanted to schedule an in home visit with Mr. & Mrs. Pack but that offer was refused.
Assumed he would be a Boiler but there had to be a bidding was between Boilers & Hurricanes.
Wondering if promoting an asst. coach (instead) would have helped.

The money is not coming from the Universities. It is from private donors who supposedly are getting something in return for linking their names with these players. I hope JBo is happy with his T-shirt cash!
Private donors cannot give money to recruits. That is still a violation. Not sure how that will shake.

Private donors cannot give money to recruits. That is still a violation. Not sure how that will shake.
Were the Hurricanes really ear marking that $ for NIL or just a deliberate cash payment(s) under the guise of NIL?
If so then the U must be smashed by the ncaa.
Then N. Pack would (also) have been in violation for accepting the illegal inducement:mad:

Reactions: hawktech
JUST THINKING! As a longtime ticket buyer and I Club donor, why would I would I even consider providing tuition assistance for a guy making $400,000 per year?

I believe I will stop donating and watch games on TV or not at all!

JUST THINKING! As a longtime ticket buyer and I Club donor, why would I would I even consider providing tuition assistance for a guy making $400,000 per year?

I believe I will stop donating and watch games on TV or not at all!
You certainly have that option. That will show somebody. Not sure who.

It is a mess but there is no turning back at this point. NCAA screwed itself by not proactively putting a system in place and NIL made it a Wild West scenario. There’s a lot of “pay to play” stuff happening now that will hopefully be regulated (wishful thinking) where schools basically have a salary cap that their private donor collectives have to work within and report on. And then individual NIL deals, where someone can be paid directly through sponsorships is open to their respective worth and negotiations.

But if 5 years from now we still have this shit where schools are holding auctions on kids with no rules, it’s gonna suck for everyone outside of about 20-30 schools. And even then it will suck for everyone.

I think you're being really naive here. For one, no, you aren't competing with KU in basketball NIL. I know for a fact their NIL program is already printing cash, so much so it might be filtering over to football soon.

With all the NIL stuff now days. Will the ncaa try and put some sort of cap on the amount of nil deals allowed each year? Kinda like professional sports have a salary cap. Or do we all just assume schools will cheat the system just like they did before NIL

With all the NIL stuff now days. Will the ncaa try and put some sort of cap on the amount of nil deals allowed each year? Kinda like professional sports have a salary cap. Or do we all just assume schools will cheat the system just like they did before NIL
NCAA can do nothing about Nil money, they are powerless. And schools have no control. It’s a mess.

Article in last Friday's Wall St Journal detailed how the KU BB team is on a barnstorming tour to 7 Kansas cities where each scholly player participates in autograph sessions and meet & greets with fans.They do not play BB at these stops.
Each player will get 10k / stop so should total 70k per player.
I am sure it is tip of the iceberg for KU BB.
I actually am ok with this concept as at least these arre guys who have established a brand that has value.
This was organized by a collective put together by a former KU player.

It will be interesting to see how far down the booster rabbit hole the NCAA is willing to go. By the NCAA definition of booster that has been in their bylaws forever, a former athlete of the school is a booster. I agree these types of events are what NIL was initially envisioned and I don't think the NCAA will look at one such as this, they want the big fish (USC-Pitt WR) but some well meaning alumni could get caught up in the fallout.

Article in last Friday's Wall St Journal detailed how the KU BB team is on a barnstorming tour to 7 Kansas cities where each scholly player participates in autograph sessions and meet & greets with fans.They do not play BB at these stops.
Each player will get 10k / stop so should total 70k per player.
I am sure it is tip of the iceberg for KU BB.
I actually am ok with this concept as at least these arre guys who have established a brand that has value.
This was organized by a collective put together by a former KU player.

I wonder what will happen with the FBI / Adidas scandal and Bill Self being charged with 3 Level One violations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT