ADVERTISEMENT

44 Tennessee Players out Today (Sep 5). Contact Tracing & MANDATORY 14 Day Quarantine Likely will do the SEC, ACC & Big 12 in

Just watch.

I was listening to Adam Rittenberg on ESPN radio this morning. If the starting center gets covid, for example, think of all the people he comes into contact with during meetings, practices and during a game (if we get to that point). All of those people then have to go into quarantine for 14 days.

A mandatory 14-day quarantine is for those who have been found to have had “high-risk” contact with a person who tested positive for the virus. “High-risk” contact includes collisions in practice.

Its gonna be a mess that shuts it all down.

Just watch.

And hope ;)
I don't think you are correct about the quarantine. It would be counter to everything I've read/heard, including as late as today.

Who did you hear imposed this requirement?

Reactions: pmtdc
I don't think you are correct about the quarantine. It would be counter to everything I've read/heard, including as late as today.

Who did you hear imposed this requirement?

Since Tennessee players returned to campus starting in June, HC Jeremy Pruitt said 48 different players have had to quarantine due to contact tracing, including two who have been quarantined twice.

Today, Tennessee had 44 players out, so they had to cancel a scheduled scrimmage.

The rough breakdown of the 44:
8 players have tested positive for covid 19
28 are currently out due to contact tracing
8 are out with injuries

The full story:

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt scraps Saturday scrimmage with 44 players out

• David M. Hale
  • ESPN Staff Writer
  • Sep 5, 2020; 2:02 PM CT

Tennessee scrapped a scheduled scrimmage Saturday after head coach Jeremy Pruitt said 44 players were unable to go, the bulk of which were due to contact tracing and positive COVID-19 tests.

Pruitt said his team was short 31 offensive players and held a practice session instead. The Volunteers, who are scheduled to kick off Sept. 26 vs. South Carolina, are unlikely to be able to use their full allotment of practices in the run-up to the season, Pruitt said.

"It's the safety of the kids, and when you start reducing the numbers, you start getting the workload -- these guys are not professionals. They need to work on fundamentals and details and learn how to play," Pruitt said about having enough players to practice or play. "There are guys who've been in the program for four years and guys who just got here, and when you start lining them up after practice and a guy goes the wrong way, that's how you get guys hurt."

Pruitt said "seven or eight" players have tested positive, and 27 to 28 are currently out due to contact tracing, while a number of others are dealing with injuries.

Since players returned to campus starting in June, Pruitt said 48 different players have had to quarantine due to contact tracing, including two who have been quarantined twice.

Prior to the change in schedules this summer, Tennessee was originally slated to open its season Saturday.

"I'm really glad we're not playing today," Pruitt said. "We'd have had a hard time beating anybody, so that might be a blessing in itself."

Just watch.

I was listening to Adam Rittenberg on ESPN radio this morning. If the starting center gets covid, for example, think of all the people he comes into contact with during meetings, practices and during a game (if we get to that point). All of those people then have to go into quarantine for 14 days.

A mandatory 14-day quarantine is for those who have been found to have had “high-risk” contact with a person who tested positive for the virus. “High-risk” contact includes collisions in practice.

Its gonna be a mess that shuts it all down.

Just watch.

And hope ;)
Given that we are already in that ditch, we have to hope so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT