ADVERTISEMENT

8 year old fatally shots 1 year in Florida

Yes, according to the current culture and laws. I remember the good ol' days when everybody wasn't walking around packing heat and itching to use it.

Having a gun pointed at you would allow for self defense in any era.

The good old days IMO had a gun culture which had more responsibility and safety focused on it. More people where likely carrying guns, but less people where itching to use them.

Having a gun pointed at you would allow for self defense in any era.

The good old days IMO had a gun culture which had more responsibility and safety focused on it. More people where likely carrying guns, but less people where itching to use them.
And more people understood the damage firearms cause because they used them more regularly.

How do you not hear a gun shot fired in the same room of the motel room? Guns are loud . . . really loud. You wear hearing protection at the range for a reason.
shutterstock_1984338443-1024x768.jpeg

I agree which is why we need universal background checks.

I'm guessing this guy got it in a private sale where the seller was unaware he was selling to a felon.
I'm guessing this guy got it in a private sale from the trunk of a car from a fellow felon.

One more on the way to 50K.

Let's keep up the pace, America!

We're Number 1! We're Number 1!

I told you yesterday if black people would stop shooting black people and white people would quit killing themselves we would be in great shape.

Last edited:
Young kids with bad intent are always going to get a gun…nothing we can do……thoughts and prayers….

on a non sarcastic note, how awful…but I’m just so absolutely sick of reading stories about kids getting killed by guns….gotta wonder what’s wrong with our country.
Yeah, it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD to figure it out! Someone will probably like win a Nobel Prize or something if they can crack this super complicated code!

Top 10 Countries with Highest Gun Ownership (Civilian guns owned per 100 people):​

1. United States - 120.5
  2. Falkland Islands - 62.1
  3. Yemen - 52.8
  4. New Caledonia - 42.5
  5. Serbia - 39.1 (tie)
  6. Montenegro - 39.1 (tie)
  7. Uruguay - 34.7 (tie)
  8. Canada - 34.7 (tie)
  9. Cyprus - 34
  10. Finland - 32.4

• Love
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
And more people understood the damage firearms cause because they used them more regularly.

I'm not sure about that. I think the issue is we don't care about one another anymore. Too much individualism.

The gun isn't a tool anymore it's a toy to be shown off in completely unrelated photos, get votes, and to troll the libs.

Sorry but as a gun owner when I see a fellow gun owner posing with his gun like he's a secret agent or a navy seal I think I've got someone who has a very deadly object who thinks it's a toy. Doesn't matter how much he shoots the gun. It's still a prop. And I've unfortunately seen this all too often.

I've been photographed with a gun once in my life because my brother wanted it in his wedding photos and I thought it was kinda messed up but I didn't as the best man want to tell the groom no on his wedding day. (Maybe I should have???) But you will never see a photo of me posing with my gun.

In related news, I saw an article today where a guy got out of his car and pulled his gun on the car behind him because she honked at him. The comments on the article were about what you'd expect. "If he tried that on me I would have gunned his ass down!" and similar comments. It's like the wild west.

gun1-png-1656422754.png
I would have run the dumb son of a bitch over. Well, if I were in the truck and not the M4 anyway. Wouldn't want to get MAGA/Hillbilly/moron blood on my bimmer.

I'm not sure about that. I think the issue is we don't care about one another anymore. Too much individualism.

The gun isn't a tool anymore it's a toy to be shown off in completely unrelated photos, get votes, and to troll the libs.

Sorry but as a gun owner when I see a fellow gun owner posing with his gun like he's a secret agent or a navy seal I think I've got someone who has a very deadly object who thinks it's a toy. Doesn't matter how much he shoots the gun. It's still a prop. And I've unfortunately seen this all too often.

I've been photographed with a gun once in my life because my brother wanted it in his wedding photos and I thought it was kinda messed up but I didn't as the best man want to tell the groom no on his wedding day. (Maybe I should have???) But you will never see a photo of me posing with my gun.
You don't take hunting photos? Or you mean just posing?

Yeah, it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD to figure it out! Someone will probably like win a Nobel Prize or something if they can crack this super complicated code!

Top 10 Countries with Highest Gun Ownership (Civilian guns owned per 100 people):​

1. United States - 120.5
  2. Falkland Islands - 62.1
  3. Yemen - 52.8
  4. New Caledonia - 42.5
  5. Serbia - 39.1 (tie)
  6. Montenegro - 39.1 (tie)
  7. Uruguay - 34.7 (tie)
  8. Canada - 34.7 (tie)
  9. Cyprus - 34
  10. Finland - 32.4

It's less about how many guns there are and how easy it is for morons and bad people to get their hands on them.
Falkland islands doesn't see much gun crime. Granted that's in part due to low population. But you can take a country with a few million like Finland and the homocide rate is still low.

You don't take hunting photos? Or you mean just posing?

I mean specifically posing.

I don't hunt so I don't take hunting photos. But I don't have a problem with a hunting photo.

I have a problem when someone is posing with the gun trying to look like a badass Navy Seal or James Bond.

There are too many of those guys and too many guys who feel the need to show up at a political protest with a high capacity semi auto rifle, a sidearm a tactical vest, 10 magazines of ammunition and a freaking helmet.

I'm guessing this guy got it in a private sale from the trunk of a car from a fellow felon.

Maybe but where did fellow felon get it?

At some point along the line someone who was a legal owner gave it or sold it to someone who was an illegal owner. And there is a good chance they did so without being aware of it.

It's less about how many guns there are and how easy it is for morons and bad people to get their hands on them.
Falkland islands doesn't see much gun crime. Granted that's in part due to low population. But you can take a country with a few million like Finland and the homocide rate is still low.
Is it, though?

The US has literally TWICE as many legally owned guns as the next highest country, and that isn't even considering the MILLIONS of illegal guns. Couple that with the fact we have an inequitable society with wildly varying cultural and sociological norms and you have the recipe for a decades-long disaster of death, which guess what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT