ADVERTISEMENT

A glimmer of unity...

RunRonnieRun

HR All-American
Aug 23, 2007
I'm not thickheaded enough to think this makes a meaningful difference in society, but I appreciate the effort on both sides.

"Let me be clear. Thanks to the prior administration and our scientific community, America was one of the first countries to get the vaccine," Biden said. "Thanks to my administration and the hard work of Americans, we led a roll out, made America among the world leaders in getting shots in arms."

Trump told Fox News later on Tuesday that he appreciated Biden's comments. "I was surprised to hear it," Trump said. "I think it was a terrific thing, and I think it makes a lot of people happy."
The 45th President said he hoped Biden's comments will "help a lot" in bridging political divides in the country.

I heard that live and was also surprised and pleased.

I’m not optimistic it will lead to anything, though.

The crazy thing is, had Trump publicly lead and leaned into the COVID response instead of downplaying it, he’d still be president.
He could have won in a landslide had he handled it like we were at war and treated it as a threat.

I've been saying for months that Biden needs to exclusive call it the "Trump Vaccine". Trump cannot turn away from praise and flattery. He'd lap it up and reciprocate.
In addition to those who would then do it, it would also break up his cult a bit because some would (and already are based on his comments recently) get super mad at him.

Honestly, buttering up Trump would be a super smart tactic for a lot of things. He needs it.

Reactions: LesClaypool
What got trump elected is also what got him defeated.

that being said, he would be president today if he stopped using Twitter after winning office.

that being said, he would be president today if he stopped using Twitter after winning office.
Trump has to be talked about. His career is built on celebrity. The death of a celebrity's career is not being talked about.

Not using Twitter AND not showing up at those COVID press conferences would have done the trick. That combo doomed him IMO.

Should have let Pence (was actually pretty good) be the voice on COVID.

Not using Twitter AND not showing up at those COVID press conferences would have done the trick. That combo doomed him IMO.

Should have let Pence (was actually pretty good) be the voice on COVID.

Disagree. From the start, the left labeled him a Nazi, racist, Russian asset, etc…. Refused to attend his inauguration, and went in front of the cameras as often as they’d have them claiming they had proof he colluded with the Russians.

That said, I credit Biden for finally acknowledging something good that came out of the previous administration. Kudos.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I'm not thickheaded enough to think this makes a meaningful difference in society, but I appreciate the effort on both sides.

"Let me be clear. Thanks to the prior administration and our scientific community, America was one of the first countries to get the vaccine," Biden said. "Thanks to my administration and the hard work of Americans, we led a roll out, made America among the world leaders in getting shots in arms."

Trump told Fox News later on Tuesday that he appreciated Biden's comments. "I was surprised to hear it," Trump said. "I think it was a terrific thing, and I think it makes a lot of people happy."
The 45th President said he hoped Biden's comments will "help a lot" in bridging political divides in the country.

Yep, it sure beats "they left us with nothing" and it's nice to see Trump say he's vaxxed and boosted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT