ADVERTISEMENT

A woman said her butt was 'chopped off' after being sucked into a boat's propeller

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
6a4e8ad5-7558-494d-ae4e-f1e1e8818b62_text.gif

Kieran Press-Reynolds
Sep 18, 2023, 1:34 PM CDT

Kenzey Hunt injuries

Kenzey Hunt has been documenting her recovery online. Screenshot/TikTok - sydhunt
  • Kenzey Hunt was run over by a boat and sucked into the propeller while tubing in August.
  • Since the terrifying ordeal, Hunt and her sister Sydney have made numerous videos documenting her recovery.
  • In one video, she drew viewers a diagram of how her butt was "chopped off" by the propeller.
After a scary boating accident, a woman has been documenting her long and painful recovery journey through her sister's TikTok account. Earlier this month, the 20-year-old Kenzey Hunt told viewers her butt was chopped off by the boat's propeller, which meant she was unable to sit for three months properly.

Hunt and her sister Sydney, who has an account with over 50,000 followers, began documenting her hospitalization in late August, several days after the injury occurred. The Utah-based sisters have since made over a dozen videos related to Hunt's recovery.
In an August 30 video that has been viewed over 2.5 million times, Hunt explained how the accident unfolded. She said she and Sydney were on a girl's trip to South Carolina with friends and decided to go tubing one day with one of her friend's boyfriend's friends, who they didn't know. When one of the girls fell off her tube, one of the men driving the boat went to pick her up.

"He made a really sharp U-turn and the rope was really slacked, and he just came, hit me, head on, and I was still laying on the tube headfirst," she recalled.

Hunt said she was sucked under the boat, got hit by the propeller, and was whipped by the rope when she came up from the water.
"It got my butt pretty good, so my butt was just kind of open," she said in the TikTok. "I felt it, and there was just blood everywhere."
She said her sister jumped in the water to help her and was "in shock" upon seeing the blood. She said the guy in the boat lifted her up and had to put her "butt back together."
The cops were called and she was quickly transported to the hospital, she said. In total, she was left with a gashing butt injury, propeller bruises going down her leg, deep cuts and fractures on her foot, and a pelvis fracture. She said she also needed an ostomy bag, or a medical device to collect waste, for six months.
Advertisement

What I really like about this quote is how it is evokes a certain juvenile language choice. In my experience, "chopped off" is a general phrase used by the young who've not yet developed a more sophisticated vocabulary of mutilation. Everything gets "chopped off" regardless of whether it's something that protrudes from something else.

But I suppose, given the context, it's better than "chewed up".

Reactions: alaskanseminole

Kieran Press-Reynolds

Kenzey Hunt injuries

Kenzey Hunt has been documenting her recovery online. Screenshot/TikTok - sydhunt
  • Kenzey Hunt was run over by a boat and sucked into the propeller while tubing in August.
  • Since the terrifying ordeal, Hunt and her sister Sydney have made numerous videos documenting her recovery.
  • In one video, she drew viewers a diagram of how her butt was "chopped off" by the propeller.
After a scary boating accident, a woman has been documenting her long and painful recovery journey through her sister's TikTok account. Earlier this month, the 20-year-old Kenzey Hunt told viewers her butt was chopped off by the boat's propeller, which meant she was unable to sit for three months properly.

Hunt and her sister Sydney, who has an account with over 50,000 followers, began documenting her hospitalization in late August, several days after the injury occurred. The Utah-based sisters have since made over a dozen videos related to Hunt's recovery.
In an August 30 video that has been viewed over 2.5 million times, Hunt explained how the accident unfolded. She said she and Sydney were on a girl's trip to South Carolina with friends and decided to go tubing one day with one of her friend's boyfriend's friends, who they didn't know. When one of the girls fell off her tube, one of the men driving the boat went to pick her up.

"He made a really sharp U-turn and the rope was really slacked, and he just came, hit me, head on, and I was still laying on the tube headfirst," she recalled.

Hunt said she was sucked under the boat, got hit by the propeller, and was whipped by the rope when she came up from the water.
"It got my butt pretty good, so my butt was just kind of open," she said in the TikTok. "I felt it, and there was just blood everywhere."
She said her sister jumped in the water to help her and was "in shock" upon seeing the blood. She said the guy in the boat lifted her up and had to put her "butt back together."
The cops were called and she was quickly transported to the hospital, she said. In total, she was left with a gashing butt injury, propeller bruises going down her leg, deep cuts and fractures on her foot, and a pelvis fracture. She said she also needed an ostomy bag, or a medical device to collect waste, for six months.
Advertisement
Reminds of:

giphy.gif

montypython-igotbetter.gif

Reactions: TJ8869

Kieran Press-Reynolds

Kenzey Hunt injuries

Advertisement
DOE.gif

Kieran Press-Reynolds

Kenzey Hunt injuries

Advertisement
So it was a "disaster" then. I know, an old joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT