ADVERTISEMENT

July 6-9 AAU Live Period

HawkHoops80

HR All-American
Mar 20, 2022
We are rounding out the home stretch for the summer recruiting. 2024 players should have a good sense of what teams are interested after this month. As always, I'll try to keep this thread updated on who and where the coaches are watching.
Adidas: Rock Hill, SC
Indiana Elite—Cooper Koch + Travis Perry + Malachi Moreno (’25) + Dezmon Briscoe (’25)
D1 Minnesota—Caden Wilkins
Rivals Nation—Ebuka Okorie (’25)
New World—Caden Diggs + Eric Reibe (’25)
Wildcat Select—Nikola Bundalo (’25)
Team Loaded—Nate Ament (’25), Colt Langdon (’25)

EYBL Peach Jam: Augusta, GA
Phenom University—Kon Knueppel + Jack Daugherty
Team Takeover—Patrick Ngongba, Garrett Sundra
Team Takeover 16U--Christian Gurdak (’25), Nyk Lewis (’25)
PSA Cardinals--Nate Guerengomba
Florida Rebels—Liam McNeeley + Joshua Lewis (’25)
Bradley Beal—Jeremiah Fears (’25)
Meanstreets—Trey McKenney (’25) + Melvin Bell (’25)
Indy Heat—Trent Sisley (’25) + Jalen Haralson (’25)
Expressions Elite—Joson Sanon (’25) + Nigel James (’25)
Howard Pulley—Jackson McAndrew, Jalen Wilson (’25)
MacIrvinFire—Aleks Alston (’25), Davion Hannah (’25)
Vegas Elite—Pharaoh Compton
Scholars Elite—Luke Bevilacqua (’25)
Team Griffen—Kaydon Rayfield (’25)
Boo Williams—Jaeden Mustaf (’25)
MoKan—Amare Bynum (’25)
Team United—Zymicah Wilkins (’25)
Houston Hoops—Parker Jefferson (’25)
Team Durant—Cam Ward (’25)
ProSkills—Hudson Greer (’25)

UAA: Cartersville, GA
Team Thrill—Luke Bamgboye, Chance Mallory (’25)
Wisconsin PGC—Cole Hanson, Kai Rogers (’25) + TJ Stuttley (’25) + Amari Allen (’25)
KC Run GMC—TJ Williams + Amalachi Wilkins (’25)
Breakaway Basketball—Jason Jakstys
Martin Bros Select—Caleb Haack (’25) + Davis Kern (’25)
Illinois Wolves—Jaheem Webber
VirginiaElite—Jordan Scott (’25)
Riverside Hawks—Vincent Chaudri (’25), Jack Bailey (’25)

NY2LA: Cincinatti, OH
MidPro Academy—Braylon Roman + Braden Freeman (’25)
NXT League: Oklahoma City
ETG Midwest—Braden Frager (’25)
BTIHoops—Nikolas Khamenia (’25)
RL Hoops: Atlantic City
Young & Restless—Darrion Sutton

Last edited:
Thanks for the BBall recruiting updates. I've been following the process since Lute was our coach, and I never thought we'd see the day when the information was instantaneous.

July is a big month for finding out who the coaches are looking at for 2024.

Fran starting the live period out at the Peach Jam. Watching 2025 offer Zymicah Wilkins.

Thanks for the BBall recruiting updates. I've been following the process since Lute was our coach, and I never thought we'd see the day when the information was instantaneous.

July is a big month for finding out who the coaches are looking at for 2024.

Regarding the Class of 2024:

This is a big month for Caden Wilkins, who recently moved from the Barnstormers to D1 Minnesota (he probably should have made the switch much sooner; ie, before the start of the AAU season). The Marquette assistants who have seen Wilkins play in person have told Caden that the head coach (Shaka Smart) wants to see him play in person before Marquette potentially offers. There's been a lot of speculation as to if an Iowa offer will come as well, of course.

But there's another Caden shooting guard Iowa is after: Caden Diggs, who Iowa offered on May 3, 2023. Diggs officially visited Iowa on June 14, 2023.

I think we're gonna get a Caden shooting guard to add to our Cooper (Koch); just not sure which one. ;)

Fran now watching MoKan vs Strive for Greatness 16s. Amare Bynum out of Omaha plays for MoKan. LeBron is on the bench coaching SFG (Bryce James).

Fran is at Adidas in South Carolina today. Starting off the day watching Jack.

Adidas schedule:

9:15--D1 Minn 16s (Jack)

10:30--Indiana Elite 17 (Cooper Koch)

11:45--New World 17s (Caden Diggs)

1:00--D1 Minn 17s (Caden Wilkins), Indian Elite 16s (Malachi Moreno, Dezmon Briscoe), Wildcat Select 16s (Niko Bundalo)

So the schedule works out pretty nicely to see some targets. They're also in bracket play now--so every team will play twice, the evening schedule will just depend on who wins. Cooper Koch's team is in the quarterfinals this morning.

With Fran and Gatens at Adidas and Eldridge at Nike, it looks like Sherm is at UA today watching TJ Williams & Amalachi Wilkins of KCRun

Fran and what looks to be Eldridge are watching Caden Diggs again this morning. That makes Iowa having a coach watch 100% of his games this weekend and a couple where Iowa sent multiple staff.

Another AAU live recruiting weekend starts today. The "circuits" aren't running so teams are playing in a variety of events, mostly in Vegas, though there are events all throughout the country such as D1Minnesota who is hosting their own event today.

Top 2024 Targets:
Cooper Koch--Indiana Elite playing in Vegas
Caden Diggs--New World playing in Vegas
Isaiah Johnson-Arigu + Caden Wilkins--D1 Minnesota playing in Minnesota
TJ Williams--KCRunGMC playing in Vegas
Pharaoh Compton--Vegas Elite playing in Vegas
Nate Guerengomba--PSA Cardinals playing in New Jersey

Eldridge (yellow shirt w/ black Hawkeye hat) taking in the action in Vegas this morning. Diggs played already. Looks like Luke Bamgboye is back and healthy playing for Team Thrill (he was out most of the summer with an injury).

Reactions: chaneccooms
Any word on how the Wilkens kid is doing at D1 Minnesota?
I haven't seen any reporting on it, which probably isn't a good sign. Fran watched a few of their games last weekend and ended up offering his teammate Isaiah Johnson-Arigu who is a 6'7 wing which is a similar position to what Wilkins plays.

FWIW, there is a "live" period the next few days at the NCAA basketball academy. It looks like none of the top targets for 2024 are participating in it (most P6 level recruits don't). I noticed a few 2025 names from the list. But again, I'm doubting Iowa has much presence here. This is the last live period of the summer. The next time that coaches can go out and evaluate players in-person will be mid-September at high school open gyms.

Roster for the academy in case anyone is curious.

Iowa watching some 2025 targets today down in Memphis at the coaches academy. Kai Rogers, TJ Stutley, and Amari Allen.

Lots of 2024 offers out for the Hawks. Of all of those, who are the top five priorities? Top most likely to actually sign with Iowa?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT