ADVERTISEMENT

ABC will simulcast 10 additional ‘Monday Night Football’ games because of the writers and actors strikes

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
ABC w

LOS ANGELES — ABC will be airing more “Monday Night Football” games than originally planned.

An additional 10 games originally set to appear only on ESPN will be simulcast on ABC. The additional games will be on network television because of the ongoing strikes by the Writers Guild of America and the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists against the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, which represents Disney, Netflix, Amazon and others.

The strikes, which have been going on for months, have delayed most of the fall television season.

When the NFL schedule was announced in May, ABC had four exclusive regular-season games — including Monday night’s matchup between the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers — and five as part of an ESPN simulcast.

TOP SPORTS VIDEOS
Last Monday’s game between the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills averaged 22.6 million viewers on ESPN, ABC, ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes. The Jets’ 22-16 overtime victory was the most-watched Monday night game since ESPN took over the package in 2006.

The move also means ABC has a game in all 18 weeks of the regular season along with simulcasts of two playoff games.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-monday-night-football-writers-actors-strikes-20230918-k6rjobr74vf65c7njfojsuvxb4-story.html

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
I hope the Hollywood strike goes on forever. Writers and actors in Hollywood have sick and twisted minds.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
I've been seeing some terrible commercials of the "shows" that are coming out this fall due to the strike. I'm assuming even if it gets resolved soon, they still won't have anything ready until next fall.

What, the broadcast crew doesn't have "writers"??? They sit there and talk for four hours without anyone helping them?

I’m siding with the talent on this one, but I feel like they are fighting a losing battle. Actors and writers won‘t be the only ones to succumb to technology. AI is a game changer, and probably not for the good of humanity. At least in the short term. Corporate greed coupled with this new technology is a very dangerous proposition for the working class……

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT