ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter at Garlic Festival in Ca

U.S. NEWS[/paste:font]
Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman referred to 'Might is Right' manifesto before shooting
Santino William Legan used an AK-47-style rifle he bought legally in Nevada to kill three and wound a dozen more.

By David Ingram, Brandy Zadrozny and Corky Siemaszko

GILROY, Calif. — The gunman who killed three people and wounded a dozen more at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Northern California was an angry 19-year-old who had recently waded into the world of white supremacy.

Santino William Legan, who was shot dead by police Sunday before he could do more damage, posted online about an 1890 racist manifesto, “Might is Right or The Survival of the Fittest,” NBC News confirmed.

“Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard,” Legan posted on his Instagram page. He then used a slurs against mixed-race people and misogynistic descriptions of white Silicon Valley workers, complaining about "hordes" of them "overcrowding" towns.

Redbeard, which was a pseudonym, argued that only strength and violence determined what is morally right. The work, which is filled with misogynistic and anti-Semitic rhetoric, is a staple among neo-Nazis and white supremacists on extremist sites.

And the phrase “might is right” is often posted as a sort of motto or catchphrase indicating white supremacy on neo-Nazi extremist forums.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
That’s great. And also not relevant to my point.
Your point that CA has stricter gun laws than many other states means nothing when the law is easily circumvented by purchasing the weapon in a different state and transporting it. And you are smart enough to know this, so I am not sure why you continue to cling to this belief that your point has any relevance.

A known troll posted the fact, and it meant nothing towards stopping this event, and you argue the troll is right.

Your point that CA has stricter gun laws than many other states means nothing when the law is easily circumvented by purchasing the weapon in a different state and transporting it. And you are smart enough to know this, so I am not sure why you continue to cling to this belief that your point has any relevance.

A known troll posted the fact, and it meant nothing towards stopping this event, and you argue the troll is right.
No, my argument was that Kenny was out of line when he told him to eat shit and linked a Twitter post where someone called out people who think guns are banned in California. Believe it or not, it’s possible to point out that someone is wrong (Kenny) without actually endorsing the viewpoint of the other guy (IAFFnBB).

People who think guns are banned in California are pretty stupid, I agree. But here's the thing - and I feel like this point cannot be overemphasized - that's not what he said. He clearly stated "Doesn't California have some of the most strict gun laws?"

And by any reasonable metric, yes, California does have some of the strictest gun laws in America.

To be fair, you added 'in America'.

They should have made it a gun free zone... I heard that works great.

Some of you are going to eventually wise up to the fact that we don't have a gun problem we have a crazy people problem.
Gotta talk to Nevada, where the weapon was purchased.

are Iranians known trolls?

Chicago and Gary, IN agree.

Reactions: dekhawk
Will someone please list the non-combat uses for ar 14 style weapon? TIA.

Will someone please list the non-combat uses for ar 14 style weapon? TIA.

This shooting was with an AK47. If it was the semi-auto version, it would not be used in combat. AR style rifles are semi-automatic. They are not used in combat.

Reactions: RTM58
Assuming you meant AR-15:

Hunting wild boar
Target practice
Competition/sport shooting
Posing for Instagram photos
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
images
589723f563cc02b06430813406b80b43.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

@FSU_UCLA I didn’t read 8 pages, hope no one you know was hurt

Came to comment because I was sure someone would mention the Memphis shooting. Disgruntled employees seem to be an age old “go choot em” symptom.

He also used the term “silicon valley white twats” in that same post...the kid appears to have been all over the map in terms of his hate logic.

Not at all based on his reference to Might is Right. Out of curiousity and because I’m not easily subjected to propaganda I pulled up a pdf of the full book (I wouldn’t give a dime to anyone connected to it).

But it’s not JUST a treatise about hating on minorities and women. There certainly is plenty of that, BUT it’s also about using violence to take from weaker people who have things you want. And the “Silicon Valley White twats” have money, power and women. Further, it speaks very poorly of white “modern men” who believe in Christianity’s principles of equality, compassion, love of the neighbor etc... If anything it spends more times berating Christianity and its principles (don’t worry Magats, I’m not talking about the hatespewing Evangelical rhetoric, I mean actual Christianity) than it does making stuff up about minorities using the fake science of the 1800s and early 1900s.

From Might is Right.

“Behold the modern man! this 'heir of all the ages — in the foremost ranks of time!' His sight, taste, smell and hearing are all notoriously defective. He can harness thunderbolts, but the unerring instinct of a carrier-pigeon is beyond him. His brain has become an over-heated thinking engine, but he may not read the
Daily Morning Liar — without spectacles. He 'understands' more things (or thinks he does) but if suddenly removed from his artificial environment, he would perish helplessly as the Babes-in-the-Wood. He can gauge sound-waves; photograph broken bones;
construct gigantic iron monsters; whisper across miles of copper wire; but, when the pointer-dog sniffs the hidden pheasant from afar off, this erudite Bundle-of-Nerves looks on in blank amazement. The fact is that the civilized man is gradually 'losing his senses.' If he continues to 'progress' at the existing rate, in a comparatively little while, he will have no smell, no sight, no hearing.”

Last edited:
And in a shocker to no one other than the Magats and white supremacists....the shooter was a white supremacist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/455474-investigators-find-white-supremacy-radical-islam-materials-in-gilroy?amp

The San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday that a search of 19-year-old suspect Santino William Legan's home in Walker Lake, Nev., turned up empty ammunition boxes, a gas mask, a knife, reading materials about radical Islam and white supremacy, and a camouflage backpack.”

I didn't reach the conclusion he was a white supremacist, or that he was a Trump supporter. I reached he conclusion the guy picked and choosed from different groups and hated nearly everyone.

I honestly don't understand the angst over gun related deaths... they are terrible and I wish they would never happen. But they are statistically irrelevant.

Like i said I don't blame the guns, I blame the crazy people using them... but that's just me.

Mass Shooting statistics by month
Month Mass Shootings Total number killed Total number wounded Occurred at a school Occurred at a place of worship
January 28 50 86 0 0
February 22 38 68 0 0
March 21 13 89 0 0
April 34 23 136 1 1
May 43 38 181 1 0
June 48 34 217 0 0
July
August
September
November
December
Total 196 196 777 2 1

That is 196 "mass shootings" and 196 deaths 777 wounded. 2 at schools and 1 at place of worship.

Equally I don't understand the complete lack of caring about other forms of mass deaths. Just take cell phone use...

4,637 people died in car crashes in 2018 due to cell phone use. Including the cost to people's lives, these crashes were responsible for $129 billion — or 15 percent — of the overall societal damage caused by motor vehicle crashes.Jan 2, 2019
Texting and Driving Statistics 2019 | The Zebra

We don't get thread, after thread, after thread about those deaths. Baffling.

I didn't reach the conclusion he was a white supremacist, or that he was a Trump supporter. I reached he conclusion the guy picked and choosed from different groups and hated nearly everyone.

Mostly cause you're smarter than some posters. From the previous post I pulled that he was a radical Muslim - reading materials about radical Islam. I actually didn't but that's the kinda thing that happens when you goal seek.

Guy coulda done more damage with a couple, or one, pistols.

@FSU_UCLA I didn’t read 8 pages, hope no one you know was hurt

Came to comment because I was sure someone would mention the Memphis shooting. Disgruntled employees seem to be an age old “go choot em” symptom.
Thanks, Tenn. We had a tense 24 hours, but it seems like all of our friends and family in the area are unhurt.

I have had a number of patients impacted, which has become the norm in recent years: Isla Vista, San Bernardino, Thousand Oaks, UCLA, etc. Every couple of months some angry man with a gun kills a bunch of people and traumatizes the people who don’t die.

The article was poorly written, but the radical Islam books wasn’t stuff about how to join or their propaganda it was about how evil it is. And Might is Right is another white supremacy text, it’s 50% about minorities being subhuman, 30% about Christianity holding skilled supreme white people down by saying everyone is equal, 10% about the weaknesses of women and 10% about weak white people being in charge. So yeah, everything was about being a white supremacist. And Drumpf is #1 amongst white supremacists.

Mostly cause you're smarter than some posters. From the previous post I pulled that he was a radical Muslim - reading materials about radical Islam. I actually didn't but that's the kinda thing that happens when you goal seek.

Guy coulda done more damage with a couple, or one, pistols.

He was reading white supremacist stuff about the Evils of radical Islam not trying to join.

He was reading white supremacist stuff about the Evils of radical Islam not trying to join.

I was simply responding to your post with my own thoughts. This guy was all over the place. You said -

And in a shocker to no one other than the Magats and white supremacists....the shooter was a white supremacist.

Reactions: RTM58
I was simply responding to your post with my own thoughts. This guy was all over the place. You said -

He wasn’t all over the place, Might is Right is a neo-Nazi text. And neo-nazis hate minorities, women AND “weak-willed white guys” who follow the “Jew-led” Christianity of hope and equality. Only by murdering the weak willed will the supreme white slavemasters go to the top. That’s all straight out of Might is Right (I’m a speed reader so I read it last night via a free pdf as I’m not giving anyone connected to that %*%* money). If you read the text, he was following it 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT