ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari’s Decision

3c859u.jpg

they claimed he was a high paced and explosive wrestler always on the attack...We will have to wait and see if Coach John can teach him to work that outside circle and slow down that pace to a near standstill..... and then score purely off the offense of your opponents.... lots of last minute thrills for sure a they grind out those 2-1 victories.....zzzzzzz zzzzzzz

they claimed he was a high paced and explosive wrestler always on the attack...We will have to wait and see if Coach John can teach him to work that outside circle and slow down that pace to a near standstill..... and then score purely off the offense of your opponents.... lots of last minute thrills for sure a they grind out those 2-1 victories.....zzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Can he be taught the subtle art of re tying an already tied shoe?

This is the kind of chatter that hurts Iowa fanbase and recruiting efforts. Not too mention that people here ridicule the uncle of one of our coaches. Larry Lee makes a great point that Iowa was the only coaching staff that didn't bash other programs...

It's one thing to defend our Hawkeyes and defend our program. Another to start a thread about a recruit and ridicule his choice in program.

This is the kind of chatter that hurts Iowa fanbase and recruiting efforts. Not too mention that people here ridicule the uncle of one of our coaches. Larry Lee makes a great point that Iowa was the only coaching staff that didn't bash other programs...

It's one thing to defend our Hawkeyes and defend our program. Another to start a thread about a recruit and ridicule his choice in program.

I highly doubt any of these jokes reflect negatively on Iowa’s fanbase or recruiting efforts. Now, if we were to start actually ridiculing the kid and his choice of schools or the way it was announced (i.e. check out PSU fans and their opinions) then I suppose you could have a point.

tenor.gif

I can see where these comments would be funny if we were sitting around a table and shooting the breeze and I can see where someone would get offended if they did not have a good sense of humor. I read them and laugh and take them with a grain of salt. I cannot speak for recruits and their families. If it is getting to the point that we cannot even light heartedly "poke" fun at kids, (did you see what I did there) then we are in worse shape than I thought as a country.

Good lord. There hasnt been one personal attack vs the kid in the whole thread. The jokes have all been having fun with the Ok State style. Im pretty sure thats okay based on the history of the greatest rivalry of all time in the sport.

Like the other poster said...you wanna see attacking the kid go read through the PSU thread. They claim to be so much classier than us but it went from he would be the perfect fit and can train with Cassar to the kid is too self centered and is all about himself and is the kind of trouble Cael wouldnt want because of his team first approach.

Last edited:

Are you new to the internet? This was the most mild "bashing" in forum history.

i have no problem with this, never saw his name connected to iowa, i do wonder if minny or tost were in there at all, both regularly put out good big men.i will bet cael is not done trying to get this guy.

Reactions: el dub
I can see where these comments would be funny if we were sitting around a table and shooting the breeze and I can see where someone would get offended if they did not have a good sense of humor. I read them and laugh and take them with a grain of salt. I cannot speak for recruits and their families. If it is getting to the point that we cannot even light heartedly "poke" fun at kids, (did you see what I did there) then we are in worse shape than I thought as a country.
I am not offended. I would expect no less from a bunch of cesspool dwellers :cool::eek:

Sorry if I came across a little fragile, not at all. I just read the quotes and article on Mr Lee and was impressed by his class and insight. Then read this thread on Ferrari and couldn't help but notice the difference between the level of thinking about the sport. That's all. Carry on...

Like the other poster said...you wanna see attacking the kid go read through the PSU thread. They claim to be so much classier than us but it went from he would be the perfect fit and can train with Cassar to the kid is too self centered and is all about himself and is the kind of trouble Cael wouldnt want because of his team first approach.

To be fair though, there are posters on that thread criticizing the few who are reacting that way.

Can we seriously care? This was written in stones months ago. We have the best talent IC has seen in years, back our men. Quit being clowns.

I hope he tears his ACL running from a Hawkeye and can never wrestle again because it’s been discovered he has severe spinal stenosis. There, were done now.

Seriously though, good luck to the kid and enjoy Okie St, coach Smith and your college experience. Every kid finds their home, he found his and it’s a good one.

Reactions: DirkTang1

I am right there with you Herk...very shocked at these sorts of comments at our brothers down in the great state of Oklahoma.

giphy.gif

Good thing they won't get the internet for another five years or else they might get a bit mad.

I am right there with you Herk...very shocked at these sorts of comments at our brothers down in the great state of Oklahoma.

giphy.gif

Good thing they won't get the internet for another five years or else they might get a bit mad.
I hate having to go to Arkansas to log in, so we are trying to push that internet thing through. Hopefully Al Gore will stop by to speed things up.

I’m not a big fan of AJ’s barber as his cut has very uneven lines.

I also lost my hair years ago so I’m just hating to hate.

Disappointed he didn’t pick Rutgers. I know he is a P4P 1, but I don’t think he’s mark hall or spencer lee level p4p #1 coming out. Hope he redshirts, adjusts well, and goes on a good run. Don’t think he should start from day 1.

I know coach smith has been waiting for me to weigh in on the matter so In advance, you’re welcome.

I hate having to go to Arkansas to log in, so we are trying to push that internet thing through. Hopefully Al Gore will stop by to speed things up.
Joined my first company in 1990. While in computer training, the instructor was discussing logging in via telephone modem. A guy from AR raised his hand and said, "What do you do if you're on a party line?" To this day, I'm not sure if he was serious.

Joined my first company in 1990. While in computer training, the instructor was discussing logging in via telephone modem. A guy from AR raised his hand and said, "What do you do if you're on a party line?" To this day, I'm not sure if he was serious.

Rural areas of Iowa were still on party lines in that era as well.

Reactions: MSeil
To be fair though, there are posters on that thread criticizing the few who are reacting that way.

Oh I know but why recognize that. Im just making a broad generalization ogf their whole board based on the actions of a few. Just like they have for years about us.

Example, one poster on here thinks Lugo could win an NCAA title and most people on here are like what!?. A day later on their board...HR is so delusional they Lugo penciled in as an NCAA champ this year.

I grew up in KS, my parents were on party line well after I graduated from HS. People don't realize the pain of a party line when you are a teenager...especially when there were other teens on the line.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Just can’t stop thinking about the Nitts? C’mon, Bruh. It’s so hard to go one thread without bringing them up. Atta boy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT