ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very insulting to lump the people who look to Jesus or Buddha or God or the Bible or the Koran and others.... in an effort to improve themselves and be as good of a person was possible, with the people who talk holier than thou and do not put their words into action. Hopefully, you are smart enough to tell the difference between the two.

Your third sentence shows a real lack of understanding in regards to people who use religion to be the best version of themselves. Try not to come off as such a condescending "A" hole..

Im glad you brought up the other holy books.

I encourage everyone to read all of them. You’ll find that the unifying common theme in all of them is “don’t be a dick”. No matter what the afterlife holds, we’ll be judged on that and that alone. Not how many saturdays we spent in synagogue or Bible verses we could recite. Just don’t be a dick and you’ll be good. Everything else is theatre.

@el dub, have you not learned yet? This board is controlled by a handful of high and mighties. If you go against their thinking they all gang up and blast you. Reminds me of a bunch a girls I went to school with😬
To me it seems more like we are defending ourselves from what we perceive as an attack or a slimy backhanded insult. It is understandable that a person who does not have any idea how or why people act a certain way would "unintentionally" insult them.
The ax forgets, but the tree remembers.

I encourage everyone to read all of them. You’ll find that the unifying common theme in all of them is “don’t be a dick”. No matter what the afterlife holds, we’ll be judged on that and that alone. Not how many saturdays we spent in synagogue or Bible verses we could recite. Just don’t be a dick and you’ll be good. Everything else is theatre.
Bingo, we have a winner!

Reactions: hawkhead87

amen!! I’d go to your preaching! Ps Spooner is screwed! Lol

Reactions: lookleft goright
Judged on that alone? Though one could say that is part of them all, none of those books say that is it alone. Each one has specifics of judgment that go vastly beyond your attempted summation.

This is a wrestling forum, and it would be best to take these topics elsewhere.

Judged on that alone? Though one could say that is part of them all, none of those books say that is it alone. Each one has specifics of judgment that go vastly beyond your attempted summation.

This is a wrestling forum, and it would be best to take these topics elsewhere.

fair. I guess what I was trying to say is don’t be a dick. That’s the key take away from all the books. Wasn’t trying to overstep.

I’m doing the Lord’s work here so I’m good.

God, no God, whatever—Albert needs a strong dose of humility and empathy. A few years in PMITA prison might be a good start.
I’ve known the work you’ve done for a long time. we are lucky to have you!

I’ve known the work you’ve done for a long time. we are lucky to have you!

giphy.gif

@el dub, have you not learned yet? This board is controlled by a handful of high and mighties. If you go against their thinking they all gang up and blast you. Reminds me of a bunch a girls I went to school with😬

I am with anyone having a different opinion than me. Kind of think that is what is great about this place I live.

That said...why throw your different opinion around in conversations that it has no relevance?

It is no different than me throwing out I think this dumb ass must be a Ford guy.

He should have asked for his help, genuinely, long ago.
Sad story.
Lmao seriously? All three guy does is thank Jesus and god. Seems like your boy didn’t help the kid as much as you thought. Maybe his parents should of taught him some real life norms and skills instead of focusing so much on god and wrestling.
Sad story? Every time an athlete apparently blows it it’s such a “sad story”. The sad story is for his victim, or if he’s being falsely accused, then that’s the only way I’d say it’s sad for poor AJ.

In the end nothing sticks. An NDA will be signed and some coach takes a chance on him or I think the more likely scenario is he’ll go and try in make in the wwe or mma.
Oh and if in a year whenever this is settled if Iowa recruited him and got him to transfer then most people would be singing his praises on here lol. Like all fan bases.

Lmao seriously? All three guy does is thank Jesus and god. Seems like your boy didn’t help the kid as much as you thought. Maybe his parents should of taught him some real life norms and skills instead of focusing so much on god and wrestling.
Sad story? Every time an athlete apparently blows it it’s such a “sad story”. The sad story is for his victim, or if he’s being falsely accused, then that’s the only way I’d say it’s sad for poor AJ.

In the end nothing sticks. An NDA will be signed and some coach takes a chance on him or I think the more likely scenario is he’ll go and try in make in the wwe or mma.
Oh and if in a year whenever this is settled if Iowa recruited him and got him to transfer then most people would be singing his praises on here lol. Like all fan bases.
Not likely. In the modern era, stuff like this sticks like sh*t on Charmin.

For the record, some of us hope for the best in people, and then get very disappointed when we see the worst. I don't think that anyone needs to apologize for that.

Reactions: Inthecircle
I am with anyone having a different opinion than me. Kind of think that is what is great about this place I live.

That said...why throw your different opinion around in conversations that it has no relevance?

It is no different than me throwing out I think this dumb ass must be a Ford guy.
I didn’t start that religious conversation. But some were happy to ignore THAT input before my comment. Trust me, I’m already familiar with that phenomenon.

Hats off to folks like @grapplefann who are able to walk the spiritual walk without making their religious beliefs public.

Unfortunately religion is currently being mixed with politics. While I apologize for offending anyone by contributing my thoughts on a subject brought up by another poster, freedom from religion seems to be getting more difficult every day.

Last edited:
I read just yesterday that Ok St said those rumors were completely unfounded. Did something change in the last 12-16 hrs?

A coach can’t control that level of d bag, and it sounds like he was off the team pretty early. Before the alleged assaults.
You might be right. However, I’m pretty sure there was more going on behind the scenes, some of which has been touched upon here.

How Smith handled the Mastragiovani situation with Albert’s clan might come into play? Who knows? I’m guessing there’s more….

I didn’t start that religious conversation. But some were happy to ignore THAT input before my comment. Trust me, I’m already familiar with that phenomenon.

Hats off to folks like @grapplefann who are able to walk the spiritual walk without making their religious beliefs public.

Unfortunately religion is currently being mixed with politics. While I apologize for offending anyone by contributing my thoughts on a subject brought up by another poster, freedom from religion seems to be getting more difficult every day.
Remember that it is "Freedom of Religion" not "Freedom from religion".

Unfortunately religion is currently being mixed with politics. While I apologize for offending anyone by contributing my thoughts on a subject brought up by another poster,
I wasn't offended by the segue.

I did think it odd that you might believe Roman Catholics believe accepting Jesus and asking for forgiveness gets one a free pass to heaven.

Since I assume it is likely the Ferrari clan are Roman Catholics, I similarly assumed it was trolling, because the comment seemed more than a bit of a stretch.

Italian Roman Catholics don't practice as Martin Luther proposed. If guilty AJ might be doing time in purgatory once he enters the afterlife.

I wasn't offended by the segue.

I did think it odd that you might believe Roman Catholics believe accepting Jesus and asking for forgiveness gets one a free pass to heaven.

Since I assume it is likely the Ferrari clan are Roman Catholics, I similarly assumed it was trolling, because the comment seemed more than a bit of a stretch.

Italian Roman Catholics don't practice as Martin Luther proposed. If guilty AJ might be doing time in purgatory once he enters the afterlife.
Better explained here...

In regards to the bolded part of your post, are you referring to Roe vs. Wade being overturned? Because, honestly, it really is NOT about Religion. It gets painted that way, because many of the most vocal and visible on the Anti-Abortion side also show their religion. But, it is simply about whether or not you believe abortion is murder or at what stage you believe it becomes murder.

Get past the religious involvement and ALL the legal argument should be about is whether it is murder at all stages, some or none. With that said, yes, I was brought up Roman Catholic. However, I don't believe on forcing my beliefs on anyone. Nor do I believe that people should be shouting their religion on others. To me, that is one of the fatal flaws of much of Christianity. The belief that you personally need to "save" people. Or, at the very least, how you go about "saving". What it actually does is turn a ton of people away from it.

Instead of touting how great your religion is or screaming you burn unless Jesus is your life, lead by example. Be the best version of yourself and let the chips fall where they may...

I hadn’t looked at this post in awhile…. Checked in to see if he’d been arrested but got so much more….. should’ve popped some popcorn

el dub didn’t initiate the religious talk but responded….. boy did he 😂

I think while we all have varied opinions on religion and politics we can agree this ain’t the place….. good gawd we can find enough on topic stuff to argue about can’t we 😂😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT