ADVERTISEMENT

Alina Habba - Former TRUMP Attorney?

Serious question.

No idea if this is true, but if it is, the question shouldn’t be dismissed with a glass of wine and an eye roll by a prepubescent tick turd.
I gave the eye roll because the allegations of conflict of interest have already been discredited. You linked an article which touts a complaint from a bad lawyer, who just lost the trial bigly. The anonymous source I assume is that same bad lawyer. All of this crap came from the NY Post. Judge Kaplan has decades of experience on the federal bench, and barely knew Roberta Kaplan 30 years ago when they worked at the same firm. I'm going to go with Judge Kaplan knowing what is a conflict of interest, and what isn't.

I gave the eye roll because the allegations of conflict of interest have already been discredited. You linked an article which touts a complaint from a bad lawyer, who just lost the trial bigly. The anonymous source I assume is that same bad lawyer. All of this crap came from the NY Post. Judge Kaplan has decades of experience on the federal bench, and barely knew Roberta Kaplan 30 years ago when they worked at the same firm. I'm going to go with Judge Kaplan knowing what is a conflict of interest, and what isn't.
As I said, I was just asking. Thanks

Reactions: lucas80
I'll send you a picture of me and Acie Earl at NCAA tourney in DSM last year
Did he charge you to take it?

I reffed a girls bball tournament he put on. He sold his own signed memorabilia there. Also lied to me about how much he'd pay per game. Was not impressed in my interactions with him.

Did he charge you to take it?

I reffed a girls bball tournament he put on. He sold his own signed memorabilia there. Also lied to me about how much he'd pay per game. Was not impressed in my interactions with him.

Nah. I spotted him in hotel after the games, and I said to my buddy, that's Acie Earl. He was happy to do it.

Serious question.

No idea if this is true, but if it is, the question shouldn’t be dismissed with a glass of wine and an eye roll by a prepubescent tick turd.

She quickly retracted it basically and just "just making sure it wasn't true" when it was clear her assertions were based on an article that wasn't fact checked. True lawyer Kaplan worked at the same firm 30 years ago where Judge Kaplan was a partner, however the firm was 1200 people strong and there was no meeting between the Kaplans while there that either could recall and certainly no "mentor" relationship as the article claimed. When Habba realized the story wasn't true, she quickly retracted before Judge Kaplan brought the hammer down, which he still might do. She will be lucky if she isn't hauled up in front of some bar board to explain herself. Probably doesn't matter if she loses her law license, she'll just be another right-wing talking head.

A legitimate attorney wouldn’t have waited until after the verdict to raise the issue.
It isn't just Habba, Trump as a bunch of lawyers working for him. I assume there are ways to research your opponent's counsel and the judge to look for any troubling conflicts. Trump isn't shy about making legal filings. They missed their actual chance to raise their hand. Regardless, it was a nothing burger.

He has hired and fired so many who can keep track? By the way it’s another preview of what he’d do in trying to staff a second Administration- which is just one more reason he shouldn’t have one.
The same goes for most other Republicans. The House leaders are a disaster. Same for the Senate Rs. None are capable of doing their jobs. I know you hate the Dems and don't agree with our policies. But at least the Dems can function. My advice is to start voting Dem until the Rs can go through rehab and get clean.

Reactions: EasyHawk
The same goes for most other Republicans. The House leaders are a disaster. Same for the Senate Rs. None are capable of doing their jobs. I know you hate the Dems and don't agree with our policies. But at least the Dems can function. My advice is to start voting Dem until the Rs can go through rehab and get clean.
And those ****ing deplorables, don’t forget about them while you cast your wide net.

And those ****ing deplorables, don’t forget about them while you cast your wide net.
Nearly all of the Republican party is deplorables. But that's more of a policy question. I'm talking about completing the basic functions of government. If this was a car, the Dems would be car owners arguing about where to go. What's our destination? The Rs are car owners who forgot to put in gas, have no battery, and two out of the fours tires are missing.

I dunno why, but something tells me Trump has decided the best course of action in all these cases is to hire the absolute worst attorneys he can find so he can lose them all - badly - and in as quick of timeframe as possible.

That sounds crazy, but remember that this is Trump we're talking about. He's got a lot better things to do with his time and money. He knows he's going to get crushed, so why waste more time and more money on better counsel by trying?

Can't keep playing the victim card if you can't blame sure-fire losses on your lawyers. Great lawyers cost a LOT of money, bad/inexperienced ones don't. And since you're going to need that money down the road on more important matters...use these "distractions" by turning them into circuses that'll no doubt whip your base into a froth so much that they'll no doubt feel "obligated" to open up their wallets all that much more.

A great legal team wouldn't allow this all to happen. But crappy ones don't have the balls/gravitas to even attempt to stop him.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
That sounds crazy, but remember that this is Trump we're talking about. He's got a lot better things to do with his time and money. He knows he's going to get crushed, so why waste more time and more money on better counsel by trying?
His ego and hubris will allow him to stand down. This is a man who has never had any actual accountability in his life.

And it's why he wants to get back into the Oval Office - many of those cases he can then wield the power of the federal government to quash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT