ADVERTISEMENT

Alternate Uniforms

I always hated the original banana peel jerseys. But these all-gold look pretty cool, and would look even better if something other than the banana peel, IMO.

But agree with several others, will look cool as hell under the lights, loud fans all in gold, and all “liquored up” after 8+ hours of hard drinking.

when i first read all gold, i was like: nice!!

then i saw them and i was like: meh.

i was hoping for shiny gold. under the lights this would look legit with matte black and dark grey accents:
gold_spandex_1024x1024.jpg

I was watching this just the other day and said to myself, it’s just a matter of time before we see these uni’s again! Btw Sedrick Shaw’s scampers made em look good, he was a beast! My first favorite RB Hawkeye.. Nick Bell was close. Can’t forget about Lew Montgomery leading the way for Nick either.. He was the first RB period I looked up too! East Waterloo High School Trojans!

I wouldnt mind seeing an all white uniform with the same black banana peels, white pants with black stripe, white Jersey with black peels black numbers and names. yellow IOWA or HAWKEYES under the V of the collar. Black helmet, large bold tigerhawks. Black shoes.

Last edited:
I can really see this game becoming an epically embarrassing moment in Iowa Football history. Those uniforms may need to be burned in a trash pile after the game and all video footage banned from TV.

They aren't as bad as the silver helmet uni, but how in the hell does a super cool alternate like the black uniform the Hawks smoked Ohio State in, evade this team? That uniform is far and away the best alternate we've had, and I've seen several designs by fans that look amazing, yet we end up with the banana. Such a disappointment.

TROLL ALERT!

We were bowl winners 2 of the 3 years! GTFO Clowny McClownclown

Get your facts straight. They were only worn two years, 1994 and 1995. We didn't go to a bowl in the 1994 season.

And in the 1995 season we were trailing Ohio State 56-0 in the first half while wearing those hideous uniforms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT